• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin presser AFC Divisional Week

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin says they treated last week like an in season bye week.

Did some physical work with those who are available. Gave those who needed time to rest and rehab.

Great week for AB. Full participant in practice yesterday. Excited about where he is. His participation will be gauged by his ability to practice. Can't take a step back.

Finney the other injury. Amount of participation and quality of participation will decide if he get's a helmet or not.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Excited about the journey that is the preparation this week.

Excited to be in Heinz Field and play football in front of Steeler Nation

Ran the ball well against us last time. Can't just be committed to stopping him. They are the #1 rushing team in football. Ivory, Yeldon both getting props. Bortles also extremely mobile.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Fournette the featured guy. 1,000 yard rusher. Collectively we need to minimize their run and can't just focus on Leonard.

They have top flight people up front. Naming names. Those guys up front have 43 of their 55 sacks this season. They do a great job with their edge people.

They do a great job with their rush lanes.

Their starting secondary alone has 18 picks. The people that play on the back end bring the splash. People on the front end bring the goods with sacks.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Have to work our tails off to protect the football.

Jax does a great job protecting the football on offense.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Not worried about Ben forcing balls. This is not his first rodeo. He's been in too many stadiums for that

ark steel

Reaction score
Not worried about Ben forcing balls. This is not his first rodeo. He's been in too many stadiums for that

There were three *'s players in the picture on the pass where AB got hurt.... I think on the final play, too.

Ben has a tendency to force it, at times. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
There were three *'s players in the picture on the pass where AB got hurt.... I think on the final play, too.

Ben has a tendency to force it, at times. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

If AB's leg doesn't get pinned between two defenders he hangs onto that ball and makes the catch for a TD. Fluke injury

ark steel

Reaction score
If AB's leg doesn't get pinned between two defenders he hangs onto that ball and makes the catch for a TD. Fluke injury

I meant the #of *'s players who were also within range of making a play with regard to forcing the ball. I'm not saying forcing the ball caused the injury.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Ben didn't force it to AB. AB was open. AB dropped it.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There were a few Cardinal players around on his final throw in Super Bowl 43, should've thrown it into the stands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Trouble maker..............HHHahahhaaaaa

Ben does pretty well regardless as I've seen a threaded needle by him which a lot of QBs can't do. Ben's judgement is what's going to determine if we hoist number 7 or not..................

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score
There were a few Cardinal players around on his final throw in lwoB repuS 43, should've thrown it into the stands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hence the:

Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

it is ridiculous to indicate Ben does not force plays. There are several instances during the season where, you could tell from the snap, Ben was throwing it to AB, regardless of the what was going on. Most were not intercepted, but when you throw from the 10 into the corner to AB and the DB is right there. AB is spectacular and sometimes Ben hits the sweet spot to get it to him. It is forced regardless of the outcome.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Ben's a punchers chance QB. Can be great can be bad. Always gives you a chance. Has been great a hell of a lot more tgan bad.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Hence the:

it is ridiculous to indicate Ben does not force plays. There are several instances during the season where, you could tell from the snap, Ben was throwing it to AB, regardless of the what was going on. Most were not intercepted, but when you throw from the 10 into the corner to AB and the DB is right there. AB is spectacular and sometimes Ben hits the sweet spot to get it to him. It is forced regardless of the outcome.

We lost to New England when Brady started forcing balls to Gronk, despite him being well covered often....
In crunch time you can't play scared and throw every ball away when yourfirst read isn't open... you have playmakers on a team to make plays. You have to give them opportunities