• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin presser

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Conner to IR, surgery today
AB leg contusion, out this week
Ramon Foster in concussion protocol
Vance McDonald could be back this week, ditto for Haden

awboatguy

Reaction score
Conner to IR, surgery today
AB leg contusion, out this week
Ramon Foster in concussion protocol
Vance McDonald could be back this week, ditto for Haden

“AB leg contusion, out this week”. This sounds a whole lot better than a partial calf muscle tear. If it is a contusion vs a tear we lucked out big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The refs informed the team there may have been a 10 second run off and a winding clock if James was ruled down at the one and that took up alot of discussion during the review process because it was the most critical scenario

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
RE the James catch. Team was instructed by an official that one of the outcomes could have been ball spotted at 1 yard line with a 10 second run off and a running clock. They were most concerned about that happening.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin: Done talking about the surviving the ground rule. We teach catching the football.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And we were ****** out of a timeout..the timeouts are supposed to come from the bench. And the timeout was awarded because Ben was asking Tomlin should they call timeout. REFS SUCK. INCONSISTENT *** *****

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
RE AB: I don't know what that (contusion) means. What others may describe that as, I have no idea. I just know he's not playing this week.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
RE Shazier being there: That was for Ryan. That wasn't for us. If that aided him in his recovery then that's for him.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
And we were ****** out of a timeout..the timeouts are supposed to come from the bench. And the timeout was awarded because Ben was asking Tomlin should they call timeout. REFS SUCK. INCONSISTENT *** *****

I find that to be significant. But I also know we flipped the field 69 ******* yards. I highly doubt we were getting down field and getting a play off after a 69 yard play. I thought the TO was smart to reset the offense and get a breather cause Juju was ******* gassed, we just didn't capitalize after the James surviving the ground ruling. Bryant should have been on the field those last two plays. I was unaware that he wasn't on the field. He adds an element in the red zone that none of our other receivers including AB offer.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
"We wanted to win that game in regulation" - Mike Tomlin

"We instructed him not to spike it"

Well you could have put the game away on 4th and 1...

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah that was bullshit, then the ref tried to lie to Tomlin saying Ben asked for it, and Tomlin called the ref on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that Bryant, who was having a decent game, was not on the field those final plays is absolutely moronic coaching.

Already down AB and they don’t put a tall *** WR in the field..

What a joke.

steelhurt

Reaction score
And that was not explained was it? No Bryant! Oh and at times Davis had help with Gronkowski. Really!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't even comprehend that a referee said that there may be a "10 second runoff" associated with James catch being spotted at the 1.

There's no rational football explanation for that other than the league was desperately trying to **** the Steelers. I can only assume the ref determined the ball should be down at the 1, 1st down Steelers and he was told by New York, "Give them a 10 second runoff" and he had to get back on the line and say, "We can't there's no flag and we can't do a runoff without an offensive penalty."

More talking with New York... "No Catch!"

At this point I absolutely believe that's what happened.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
So were do we go at RB ? Watson ? Someone else ?

mdk2

Reaction score
Mewelde Moore is coming in for a visit.

Spike

Reaction score
Tomlin appeared on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Tuesday and confirmed that Brown will be out for Monday’s game against the Texans with what he deemed a “significant” contusion.

A muscle contusion is bruising is BLEEDING - a torn calf muscle with significant bleeding, that's what he has

He's done, 6 weeks at best, shut it down, I don't want to see a crippled/hobbled Antonio risk his career limping around at 60%.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it meant bruised.

Blood does come into the area to help heal the bruise, but I didn't know it meant bleeding.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
con·tu·sion
kənˈto͞oZHən/Submit
noun
a region of injured tissue or skin in which blood capillaries have been ruptured; a bruise.