• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin presser

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't made a decision whether to play starters. Want to do what's best for team short term and long term.
Will play to win an AFC North game
Not worried about #1 seed, we have no control over that. We better take care of the business in our stadium
Not concerned about possibility of rust if he sits starters this week.
No injury concerns out of yesterday's game.
Glad to have Vance McDonald back
AB out again this week.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Curiously NO James Harrison questions..........so far

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Run game weakness yesterday was some of their desire to shut down Hopkins. Were willing to concede runs v big plays for #10.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Was good to see Ridley's demeanor. Will continue to work with him to find detail and work for him.
Got to get him in top flight football condition.
Like his mentality.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally a Harrison question.

Door is always open for people who are available for business.

Will leave the discussion James and I had to us. (Tomlin)

steelhurt

Reaction score
If the starters don’t play at all that would be a three week layoff. This is a difficult decision to make. Do you risk not playing them and the possible rust and out of sync that may come with a three week layoff, or do you risk possible injury for what could be a meaningless game.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
More Harrison

We needed a spot for Marcus Gilbert

Follow up, why not release someone else

We kept the people we needed to keep. We needed to activate Gilbert and there's really nothing more to it than that.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
More Harrison

We needed a spot for Marcus Gilbert

Follow up, why not release someone else

We kept the people we needed to keep. We needed to activate Gilbert and there's really nothing more to it than that.

Sounds like to me they feel he is done

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's been a statement made by Harrison?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he can't dazzle ya with his brillency, he'll baffle ya with his bullshit.....

Salute the nation

Spike

Reaction score
Bench all the starters!

It will mean a Browns loss will be even more humiliating!

Pity Parade

Cleveland Browns Fan Secures Permit for 0-16 Parade Around FirstEnergy Stadium

A group of fans are planning to gather on Jan. 6 at FirstEnergy Stadium for "Perfect Season Parade 2.0," a mocking celebration that has gathered momentum in recent weeks and is being partially funded by Excedrin, the headache medicine, which donated $7,683 to complete a $10,000 fundraising effort for costs.

807be098c68143138fb4a06637dfa3ab.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ping-to-ruin-plans-for-0-16-parade/108721516/

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he can't dazzle ya with his brillency, he'll baffle ya with his bullshit.....

Salute the nation

Coach Cliche at his finest. I still think his wife buys him a thesaurus desk calendar every year for Christmas.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
If the starters don’t play at all that would be a three week layoff. This is a difficult decision to make. Do you risk not playing them and the possible rust and out of sync that may come with a three week layoff, or do you risk possible injury for what could be a meaningless game.

Treat it like the 3rd preseason game; starters play the 1st quarter or possibly half.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Treat it like the 3rd preseason game; starters play the 1st quarter or possibly half.

Actually you PLAY to win and polish your play. Foot on their necks with convincing lead mid third you start subbing in.

Salute the nation

Spike

Reaction score
duh, you want us to coach that up for you too?

Mike Tomlin undecided on whether to play starters on Sunday

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, aware that his team doesn’t control whether it’s the No. 1 seed or the No. 2 seed in the AFC, said he might rest his starters on Sunday against the Browns.

“I’m undecided as I stand here right now,” Tomlin said. “It’s obvious that those types of discussions are in play.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ecided-on-whether-to-play-starters-on-sunday/

miiike

Contributor
Reaction score

Very true. I find it interesting that this decision (for any team, not just the Steelers) is no-win situation. If you play starters and there is a key injury, everyone one will criticize in hindsight. If you rest key players and lose in first round you play, everyone one will criticize in hindsight. Regardless of whether you rest or play started, if you win in the first round you play, no one will ever compliment in hindsight.

This decision is also a no-win in that, in the end, you can only rest so many people. So, even if you rest folks, a key injury could still occur and people will criticize that the particular injured player was not rested.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
You play the starters until it is clear the Jets are going to lose. If the Steelers rested their starters and forfeited the game only to see the Jets upset the Patriots, they would essentially forfeit home field advantage.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
You play the starters until it is clear the Jets are going to lose. If the Steelers rested their starters and forfeited the game only to see the Jets upset the Patriots, they would essentially forfeit home field advantage.

Or take the opposite route and start Landry Jones et al. See how the Pats-Jets game unfolds. If there's a chance there, then put Ben & Leveon in for the 4th quarter and put the clamps on the Brownies.

bmoritz

Reaction score
I'm with Trog 100% on this. If at halftime the Pats are blowing out the Jets, then you pull the starters.

Spike

Reaction score
Hue Jackson prepared to fulfill promise, jump in lake

Hue Jackson promised that the Browns wouldn’t go 1-15 again this year, and that if they did he’d jump into Lake Erie.

So while he has a loophole (they may go 0-16), he is prepared to make good on his pledge, and dive into the frigid waters.

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Jackson opened his press conference Wednesday in a good mood.

“So how many people are jumping in the lake with me?” Jackson said. “Obviously I’ve got to get wet. I get it. I can pick a day and get everyone out there, we’ll all be in swimsuits and trunks and snorkels and all that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He'd better be careful. The paraders may set the lake on fire right after he jumps in.

Spike

Reaction score
If Landry Jones gets hurt against the Browns and we go get Eli Manning....Will Giants fans then burn his jersey?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If Landry Jones gets hurt against the Browns and we go get Eli Manning....Will Giants fans then burn his jersey?

only if he misses team meetings or sleeps through them, or etc, etc ,etc