• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin Wednesday Press Conference

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Pretty much seals that he is back next year. Though this is not surprising from an organization standpoint it is almost unbelievable to in my opinion most fans. Like if you were talking 3 years ago it was still a minority, but as the years go by you must be getting 10% more that have had enough. The only thing worse than being in the middle in sports for a long time is being at the bottom. but this franchise needs to stop living in its fears of that LOL. You gotta go to the bottom for a while to get to the top. This team would be an ultra desirable destination for an exciting and energized young coach with new ideas and fresh perspectives on the roster. We need Tomlin in 2006 not Tomlin in 2021. Enough is enough.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Anything said on his useless OC and lame duck DC?

Stay tuned tomorrow. I can say what he will say now. "There will be changes!". No Mike, I figured everyone from the equipment manager to the President would be back.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
SBWHCMVLT : Mr. Canada has been terminated as of today. He couldn't quite bring things up to our standards. He will be liked by many here in our organization but making buttered popcorn can only take you so far in this world. Thanks for the Butter Canada.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The standard is the standard, 3 playoff wins in 11 years.

To me its just the whole organization being arrogant and smug about themselves. These peasants couldn't possibly know what they are talking about. They will see. just like that fk'n Labriola with his asked and answered. Dude knows **** about real football and acts like he is the keeper of all knowledge of the sport.

mdk2

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I'll start with a quick synopses of the last game... We were the grapes.. um, they made us into wine and drank us.

Changes are going to be made this offseason.. specifically, with the interns.. we'll see who we bring back.

Guys, I had another winning regular season.. once we get into the dance, anything can happen. Ben lost us the game, I did my job and my defense did their part.

Thank you.

steelcan58

Reaction score
So sick of listening to Dumbass Cool Shades and his cliches. I swear the reason he surrounds himself with incompetent assistants is to make himself look smarter.

Last edited:

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Same old we look forward to the challenge.... we all look for another meltdown December and January,,,wake up Art

Quotes to look for:
1. We look forward to the challenge
2. Going back to the lab
3. The standard is the standard
4. Next man up
5. Not going to make excuses
6. Above/Below the Line
7. Don't live in our fears
8. Is what it is
9. Obviously
10. That was a non-issue
11. Appreciate their efforts
12. Throughout the journey
13. Splash
14. We don't run away from that
15. Pain associated with...
16. Scarcity in opportunities
17. Routine plays routinely
18. Cumulative body of work

steelcan58

Reaction score
Quotes to look for:
2. Going back to the lab
4. Next man up
6. Above/Below the Line
8. Is what it is
9. Obviously
10. That was a non-issue
13. Splash

You forgot a couple of new ones this season. Sharpen our weapons and died on the vine.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, why????

Loved how that worked out. The D was really bad. Chubb and Hunt, even BM did things at will.
More important than why, why isn't he held accountable. If Tomlin is coaching next season Ben might as well retire. Because no outcome will be different. You want to place a Vegas bet? Bet on that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

mdk2

Reaction score
Quotes to look for:
2. Going back to the lab
4. Next man up
6. Above/Below the Line
8. Is what it is
9. Obviously
10. That was a non-issue
13. Splash

We won't paint with a broad brush

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
To me its just the whole organization being arrogant and smug about themselves. These peasants couldn't possibly know what they are talking about. They will see. just like that fk'n Labriola with his asked and answered. Dude knows **** about real football and acts like he is the keeper of all knowledge of the sport.

Labriola is an ******* to the fans. he gets off on being a snide prick. That is one guy that should not be representing the team.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
More important than why, why isn't he held accountable. If Tomlin is coaching next season Ben might as well retire. Because no outcome will be different. You want to place a Vegas bet? Bet on that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Absolutley he should be! Someone will ask him about it and he will say he takes responsibilty for the loss and they will let him move on. He may fire Bulter and/or Fichtner, but if he's calling the plays on D, O or both, why fire/hire anyone? With a tough scheule, free agents and limited cap, 2021 should be his swan song with Ben.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
You forgot a couple of new ones this season. Sharpen our weapons and died on the vine.

"We functioned the way we normally function."