• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

trade rumors (post 'em)

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, this is copy-n-paste, apologies if it puts sand in your vagina, but figured it would be cool for us to have one thread related to rumors seeing as how there seems to be a lot of talk about teams wanting to move up/back.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-draft-rumors-tuesday-56/

Here’s a running list of reports from Tuesday regarding prospects visits, workouts and rumors:

The Browns won’t draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 4 overall. (NFLTR)
The Raiders will not target Johnny Manziel at No. 5 overall and would prefer either Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. (Jay Glazer)

————

There’s reportedly rumors in league circles that the Buccaneers could trade up No. 2 overall. (Mike Florio)
The Titans would like to acquire more draft picks as they currently have just six selections. (Jim Wyatt)
Titans GM Ruston Webster mentioned that they could target a pass-rusher now that they are converting to a 3-4 defense. (Terry McCormick)
The Lions were the only team to meet with Clemson WR Sammy Watkins twice. (Bart Hubbuch)
Missouri DE Kony Ealy mentioned that he has met with the Falcons, Cowboys and Bears twice. (Bart Hubbach)
Louisville S Calvin Pryor had an “extensive” interview with the Jets and added that; “They really seemed interested.” (Bart Hubbach)

———–

Jason La Canfora wonders if the Patriots could be an option for QB Blake Bortles at No. 29 in the event he falls farther than people expect.
The Giants reportedly like Notre Dame OL Zack Martin and LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr a lot. (Jason La Canfora)
Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio is expected to come off the board in the first round and possibly to the Dolphins. (Jason La Canfora)
Nevada OT Joel Bitonio and Virginia OT Morgan Moses are both players who could sneak into the first round. (Jason La Canfora)
Alabama QB A.J. McCarron could be the fourth or fifth quarterback taken. (Jason La Canfora)
There’s a chance that the Patriots could come away with “multiple tight ends.” (Jason La Canfora)
Washington State S Deone Bucannon could be a first-round pick and a possible option for the Packers at No. 21. (Jason La Canfora)
LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr and Oregon State’s WR Brandin Cooks could both be targets of the 49ers in a trade-up scenario. (Jason La Canfora)
Nebraska OL Spencer Long could end up being a sleeper prospect to come off the board in round two. (Jason La Canfora)

———

The Texans have been “actively shopping” their No. 33 overall pick around the league. (NFLTR)
UCLA OL Xavier Su’a-filo visited with the Broncos and worked out for the Rams and Falcons. (Adam Caplan)
Florida State RB Devonta Freeman worked out for the Patriots, Dolphins and Falcons, and visited the Vikings and Dolphins. (Aaron Wilson)
Virginia Tech WR D.J. Coles worked out for Cardinals. (Aaron Wilson)

———–

The Bills and Lions are reportedly both looking to trade up into the top-five. (NFLTR)
NFL Insiders are having trouble finding teams who have UCF QB Blake Bortles as a first-round pick. (NFLTR)
Akron DE Albert Presley has interest from the Dolphins and Buccaneers. (Aaron Wilson)
East Carolina S Chip Thompson has interest from the Jaguars and Giants. (Aaron Wilson)
Maine OLB Michael Cole has interest from the Texans and Cardinals. (Aaron Wilson)
Citadel DB Brandon McCladdie has interest from the Panthers, Rams, Chiefs, Cowboys and Texans. (Aaron Wilson)

———–

The Ravens have reportedly have North Carolina TE Eric Ebron as their “number one target.” (NFLTR)
The Saints reportedly view Western Kentucky S Jonathan Dowling as a “perfect compliment” to Kenny Vaccaro. (Tony Pauline)
LSU’s Jeremy Hill and Towson’s Terrance West could be options for the Ravens in round four. (NFLTR)
LSU’s Jeremy Hill reportedly has interest from the Ravens, Titans and Falcons. (NFLTR)
There’s reportedly a “real chance” Stanford LB Shayne Skov goes undrafted. (Tony Pauline)

coupon

Reaction score
you were right. this is cool.

Spike

Reaction score
ha ha

the Stellers will never trade

write that down

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Spike's Football Forecast is back? WHOA!

coupon

Reaction score
they're gonna stop having the sun, so you'd better get tan. I predict

deljzc

Reaction score
This will be interesting just to see which are true and which are complete bullshit.

After the weekend you have to edit the original post with TRUE/FALSE in red font.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
There’s reportedly a “real chance” Stanford LB Shayne Skov goes undrafted. (Tony Pauline)

Did I miss something on this guy or is this just one of them smoke screens? Everything I read about this guys was good.
Also was hearing a lot about the Falcons making a play for the #1 pick to take Clowney

deljzc

Reaction score

Did I miss something on this guy or is this just one of them smoke screens? Everything I read about this guys was good.
Also was hearing a lot about the Falcons making a play for the #1 pick to take Clowney

He ran a 5.09. That's worse than Vontaze Burfict. And Skov isn't supposed to be that type of head case and his film isn't NEARLY as good as Burfict's was.

Running over a 5 and closer to a 5.1 is death for linebackers. I know Spikes overcame it (his tape was a lot better than Skov too), but Hightower (from LSU) and Burfict fell like rocks.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Supe's manliness is being traded for a can of tuna. ;)

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
He ran a 5.09. That's worse than Vontaze Burfict. And Skov isn't supposed to be that type of head case and his film isn't NEARLY as good as Burfict's was.

Running over a 5 and closer to a 5.1 is death for linebackers. I know Spikes overcame it (his tape was a lot better than Skov too), but Hightower (from LSU) and Burfict fell like rocks.

Yeah I did see that and I know that is gonna hurt his stock but everything I read(i have not seen him play) was he was one of the smartest LB's out there. I have not done much reading on him but the one thing about Skov was that he was a smart LB. This just caught me off guard......

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
God I hope the rats actually do draft Ebron

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Supe's manliness is being traded for a can of tuna. ;)

There is already, video proof, but once man figures out how to put smell on tape, the tuna will no longer be needed. :)

Salute the nation

deljzc

Reaction score
Rumor this morning on Mike and Mike was Cleveland might trade the #26 overall pick in the 1st round to Washington to Kirk Cousins.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I hope not. I like Kirk Cousins, think he is probably better than any prospect in this draft. That would be a great move for Cleveland.

ZACKB

Reaction score
I wouldn't give anything higher than a third for Cousins.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Hightower played at Bama...

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't give anything higher than a third for Cousins.

Which means Cleveland will give a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. :) I love Cleveland.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Which means Cleveland will give a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. :) I love Cleveland.

They won't trade for him. I think Jax takes Manziel, Clev takes Watkins. Clev will take Bridgewater or Carr at 26...maybe even trade ahead of AZ.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Hearing that Mettenberg has Spondylolysis (stress fracture on 4th/5th vertebrae) and if it deteriorates, he could need surgery later in his career. Could see him slide.

As for Skov, his trainer said they were hoping they could get into the 4.8 range. Sorry, your trainer hoping you can get down to 4.8ish does not reek of confidence in his speed. He could have ran at the combine. Healthy scratch. Did not run at Pro Day because of hamstring, waited, ran later. That is on him. Had the opportunities to run when healthy, decided not to do so. Do not know if he is any faster, appeared to lose some speed coming off significant knee injury. Two down run stopper at best. He may be better than Vince Williams, may not. Hard one to call. Neither will be a 3-down guy and neither are buck prospects. Blah. It would be like drafting another RT. How many do we need?

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Houston and St. Louis are looking to move down. Atlanta appears the team most wanting to move up. Jason LaConfora thinks that the Falcons could end up getting the #1 pick for the #6 this year, 3rd round pick, and next year's first.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Also, not sure if anyone knows this, but Kyle Fuller has been training with Ike Taylor.