• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

trade rumors (post 'em)

ZACKB

Reaction score
Gerry Dulac doesn't think the FO is that into Fuller.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
spec in Tampa is the Bucs are looking to move to #2
first it was reported for Manziel, but now the talk is about Watkins.

doesnt matter. neither of those are on our radar.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I know what Dulac thinks, says Fuller is a slim chance if Gilbert and Dennard are gone. Ian Rappaport states Steelers and Eagles love Fuller. Here is what Ike Taylor said about Fuller: " "He can run, he can cover, he can hit. He's a Pittsburgh Steeler type of player."

All that aside, I always watch the rookies working out with Tom Shaw (Ike's speed coach) that the Steelers visit. Cortez Allen was a guy that worked with Shaw and Ike and boom, they draft him. The Steelers have visited Fuller, Kelvin Benjamin, James Gayle, and Shaw Richardson.

Also, for none visits, watch Stanley Jean Baptiste, LaMarcus Joyner, and Jonathan Dowling.

Ike, Cortez, and William Gay are all down working with Shaw and those prospects. Gives the Steelers guys they can trust to comment on the approach, mentality, etc on these young guys. Gives them a chance to vet them a little better, discover work ethic and such.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Dammit people. Skov had an injury for his workout. Thast is why he ran so slow. Do some homework.

https://stanford.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634249

So, he has hamstring problems eh? For a LB, that could be a serious issue (Woodley). It's possible that teams had him in for physicals and dropped him based on this. Also possible it's just smokescreens from teams hoping apparent disinterest drops him into the 5th or so and they get a good LB at a great spot.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Donte Moncrief and Deonne Buchannon are also working with Coach Shaw. DB looks like a damn LB. He is a big dude.

ark steel

Reaction score
Also, not sure if anyone knows this, but Kyle Fuller has been training with Ike Taylor.

I hope Ike isn't teaching him how to catch.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Nope, footwork, speed drills, overall core stuff. And, I would bet that Ike ends up working for Tom Shaw when his days are done. He leads a lot of the drills now.

I do have to add this, was watching a video of Ike and Sammy Watkins on NFLNetwork (I think), they were asking Watkins how he would handle a guy like Ike. When they asked Ike what he would do to take Watkins off his game, Ike said: "I'm gonna headbutt him." They laughed and said, no really, what would you do. Ike said; "You think I'm playing."

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, footwork, speed drills, overall core stuff. And, I would bet that Ike ends up working for Tom Shaw when his days are done. He leads a lot of the drills now.

I do have to add this, was watching a video of Ike and Sammy Watkins on NFLNetwork (I think), they were asking Watkins how he would handle a guy like Ike. When they asked Ike what he would do to take Watkins off his game, Ike said: "I'm gonna headbutt him." They laughed and said, no really, what would you do. Ike said; "You think I'm playing."
Right answer.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't give a **** what anyone says, Ike Taylor is the ****** man.

Joe

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
More rumors....if Manziel is taken in the top 10 picks, consensus will be that an owner stepped in and forced the pick. Browns are zeroing in on a WR with the 4th pick overall, their choice is believed to be Mike Evans. If Manziel slips out of the top 10, they may want to move back up and take him.

San Fran wants to move into the top 20 to secure a WR, believed to be Beckham. The Raiduhs want to bail out of the top 5.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Also, not sure if anyone knows this, but Kyle Fuller has been training with Ike Taylor.

Has Fuller been working on helping Ike with his hands?

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
More rumors....if Manziel is taken in the top 10 picks, consensus will be that an owner stepped in and forced the pick. Browns are zeroing in on a WR with the 4th pick overall, their choice is believed to be Mike Evans. If Manziel slips out of the top 10, they may want to move back up and take him.

San Fran wants to move into the top 20 to secure a WR, believed to be Beckham. The Raiduhs want to bail out of the top 5.

Offer the Raiders the 15th and Marcus Gilbert/Mike Adams ( their choice ) for the #5 and take Jake Matthews.
Provided Mack and Watkins are off the board.
I realize my alarm just went off, but that's what this waiting period is all about.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Donte Moncrief and Deonne Buchannon are also working with Coach Shaw. DB looks like a damn LB. He is a big dude.

I've read this and I feel Buchannon is a 2nd/3rd round guy so if you draft him and signed Mitchell you either are moving Shamarko to CB or have decided he isn't that good. I personally liked what I saw from Thomas last year.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Where's that trade down with Philly for their 1st and 2nd? I'd take that without hesitation if they are dumb enough to offer it.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Used to work at WWS. It is why liked Ike for some time as he was always willing to throw a few words out.

From a conditioning standpoint I always wished more players would take the Ike/Farrior/Coke/Allen/ etc. WWS experience.

I think highly of Shaw and his teaching / motivation abilities..............

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I've read this and I feel Buchannon is a 2nd/3rd round guy so if you draft him and signed Mitchell you either are moving Shamarko to CB or have decided he isn't that good. I personally liked what I saw from Thomas last year.

Or you are creating competition ... which may not be a bad thing considering many of these guys might get that entitled feeling that "The job is mine".

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports' Rand Getlin reports that the panthers are traveling to meet Penn State WR Allen Robinson.

"The Panthers are traveling for a last minute meeting with former Penn State WR Allen Robinson, per a source," Getlin tweeted. With Robinson's stock on the rise, the Panthers are in range to select the Nittany Lions prospect. It might take pick No.28 to select Robinson, with no guarantee that he'll be around by their No.60 pick in the draft. If the Panthers brass is making a last minute road trip to meet with Robinson, it's quite possible Carolina is thinking of him as a first round prospect. May 3 - 8:43 PM

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports' Rand Getlin reports that the panthers are traveling to meet Penn State WR Allen Robinson.

"The Panthers are traveling for a last minute meeting with former Penn State WR Allen Robinson, per a source," Getlin tweeted. With Robinson's stock on the rise, the Panthers are in range to select the Nittany Lions prospect. It might take pick No.28 to select Robinson, with no guarantee that he'll be around by their No.60 pick in the draft. If the Panthers brass is making a last minute road trip to meet with Robinson, it's quite possible Carolina is thinking of him as a first round prospect. May 3 - 8:43 PM

that's interesting. I've been told that Robinson is, at best, a borderline NFL player and pretty much sucks.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The games I saw Robinson play and there were more than a few, I thought he looked pretty darn good. He was, by far, a man among boys. He would be double and triple covered and still put up numbers. He was THE guy on the offense and was relied on heavily. Is he a lock to be a star in the NFL? Heck no - no one is. But, I certainly would not say he sucks - not even close.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
dude ... trust me. Spreadsheets and ****.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I think the number of truly elite players (and I know Colbert says there are 19, but I do not see that) is causing guys to get pushed up. I would not take Robinson in the first. I would not take Kelvin Benjamin in the first. I do not see Evans and Watkins as top 10 players. I know as many as 7 WRs could go in the first and that is fine. I also know that two will likely be flat out busts with another 2-3 simply being average NFL players. That is what history tells us. The offensive skill positions, defensive ends, and corners are the most risky first round picks. But, teams love them some skill players, cover guys, and pass rushers. The downside is, once you get outside the top three rounds, the odds of finding a Pro Bowl caliber player at corner, QB, RB, and WR diminish significantly (less than 10%). The majority of the Pro Bowl players come in the 1st/2nd. Very feast or famine.