• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

trade rumors (post 'em)

Crimsonsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm...... Thoughts on this?

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/report-chiefs-thought-willing-to-trade-brandon-flowers/

Report: Chiefs thought “willing” to trade Brandon Flowers

Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 6, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT

AP
The Chiefs are reportedly willing to listen on offers for Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Flowers.

According to Dan Pompei of Bleacher Report, the Chiefs are “believed to be willing to deal” Flowers for draft considerations.

The 28-year-old Flowers made 13 starts for Kansas City a season ago, notching 68 tackles, intercepting one pass and garnering his first-ever Pro Bowl berth.

According to NFLPA data, Flowers is due $5.25 million in 2014, $6.25 million in 2015 and $6.5 million in 2016.

The Chiefs have six picks in this week’s draft. They lack second- and seventh-round selections.

With the 2014 draft considered deep in talent, it will be interesting to see if the names of any other well-compensated veterans circulate in trade rumors. It is not uncommon for veteran-for-pick trades to occur later in drafts, with the Patriots’ 2007 acquisition of Randy Moss a famous example.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Here is who wants to maybe trade up (Miami, San Fran, Philly) Arizona, if a qb they want falls The Jets maybe?

We want Manziel, OB jr, Bortles, Cooks, Martin, Lewan to fall for optimum trade down possibilities. I would love to fleece San Fran for some picks so that they can get Cooks or OBjr. Imagine getting an extra 2nd and third. Hell, I would trade down with anyone for just an xtra 2nd....not all the way to 30 though...I would want a lot more. I think San Fran and Balt will make a trade.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

ZACKB

Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter noted the Raiders, Bucs, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins and Patriots have some level of interest in trading back.
Teams like the Jets, 49ers and Broncos could be looking to move up for specific prospects. A team like the Dolphins, who still have a need at receiver, could nab a prospect like Brandin Cooks at the end of the first-round. The draft trade chart has been thrown out the window, which could make deals difficult, especially in the top 10

deljzc

Reaction score
Tired of talking.

Just can't wait for the picks to start.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL Network dudes were talking earlier about 1st round WR risks and how there have been many busts.

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
One more hour guys calm down. Let's hope fuller is there at 15