• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Training Camp Admission Question

chipped ham

Reaction score
Going to be in Latrobe on Saturday, and can’t wait to get back, and see it all firsthand! What’s really special is that it’ll be the first time going with the entire family, including my son, and nephew (who’s been looking forward to this for quite some time). Anyways, was wondering a couple things, as I know some things have changed. Tickets I see are now required. We did nab some up, but are they required for young, young kids? We have a two year old (my son) who’s coming, and I wonder if a ticket was necessary for him? Is there anywhere to get any extras? Where’s a good starting point to reach out and ask for any that may not be used (considering they’re free of charge). Also, practice starts at 1:55. What’s a good recommended time to arrive? Best restaurants in the area for breakfast, and/or dinner? Probably not the most important of questions, but figured it was still worth reaching out to the Nation for any tips and suggestions.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really glad you and family are getting to go and hope you find answers to your questions.

I've never been to training camp but would appreciate it if you would come back here and give us a run down on what your experience was like.

Good Luck and have some fun !!!!

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to be in Latrobe on Saturday, and can’t wait to get back, and see it all firsthand! What’s really special is that it’ll be the first time going with the entire family, including my son, and nephew (who’s been looking forward to this for quite some time). Anyways, was wondering a couple things, as I know some things have changed. Tickets I see are now required. We did nab some up, but are they required for young, young kids? We have a two year old (my son) who’s coming, and I wonder if a ticket was necessary for him? Is there anywhere to get any extras? Where’s a good starting point to reach out and ask for any that may not be used (considering they’re free of charge). Also, practice starts at 1:55. What’s a good recommended time to arrive? Best restaurants in the area for breakfast, and/or dinner? Probably not the most important of questions, but figured it was still worth reaching out to the Nation for any tips and suggestions.
You'd get in free if you put Coolie on a leash...

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I live in the area Dinos is ok but seems to have gone downhill a bit last couple years. The Steelers used to goto Sharkys all the time which was also alright, but we went there earlier this summer and the wings were bad. There is an eat n park and Dennys in the area. Iron Rock Cafe by westmoreland mall has good breakfast, but not sure what days. Sun Dawg Cafe in downtown greensburg has amazing breakfast tacos. I get chorizo and bacon on mine and they have a very good homemade pico sauce. Their other food is good as well, but it is 15 or so mins away from the college. There are also Longhorn steak house, texas road house, TGIFs, Applebee's etc etc lots of places w/ in 30 miins

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Good advice on Sun Dawg for breakfast. Dinos has good wings but that’s about it. Sharky’s full menu is better than Dino’s. Either places gives you the training camp feel. I’d probably just go to the Primantis in Greensburg.