• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trubisky vs Rudolph vs Pickett vs Oladokun.....

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Canada has more to prove to this fan base than any of the players.

Again, this is my biggest concern that O'Canada has stepped up over the off-season.! I hope he film studied and worked on his human behavior through a therapist

Salute the nation

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
I have no idea why it couldn’t be a combo of both of them. Ben was done. And has been for a few years.
If Ben was done I dont think all those 4th quarter comebacks happen last year. Too many times we saw the offense used in the 1st half be historically bad-that was Canada's installed game plan. The 4th quarter comebacks was Ben winging it. Yes Ben was diminished but a competent OC would have designed an offense to fit Ben

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Roethlisberger was a bit like Favre in the sense they were gamers. Not script followers. Ben was at his best calling plays at the line and directing traffic. Canada wants a guy that’s going to follow his game plan down to the T. Ben wasn’t that guy. So this year he has three guys to choose from and I’ll give Canada a fair shake like I’m giving Rudolph. Doesn’t do any good to complain. If he fails I’ll be calling for his head as loud as anyone but today it’s not going to change the fact he’s our OC come the start of the season.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
If Ben was done I dont think all those 4th quarter comebacks happen last year. Too many times we saw the offense used in the 1st half be historically bad-that was Canada's installed game plan. The 4th quarter comebacks was Ben winging it. Yes Ben was diminished but a competent OC would have designed an offense to fit Ben
I dont think Ben was totally done, but the combo of the line and play calling did him no favors. A lot of Ben's comebacks with various coordinators were due to the offense stinking it up for 3 quarters so its hard to pinpoint the blame. I mean the 3rd and short throw it 40 yrds downfield is that Ben or the coordinator? The flip side is the 3rd and medium and you throw it -1 yrd? Seemed to happen with various coordinators so not sure where the blame falls?

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
I dont think Ben was totally done, but the combo of the line and play calling did him no favors. A lot of Ben's comebacks with various coordinators were due to the offense stinking it up for 3 quarters so its hard to pinpoint the blame. I mean the 3rd and short throw it 40 yrds downfield is that Ben or the coordinator? The flip side is the 3rd and medium and you throw it -1 yrd? Seemed to happen with various coordinators so not sure where the blame falls?
Yup. I hate the 30 yard fade route on 3rd and 1 with a passion. Maybe a good coach convinces Ben to stop that ****, but ur right that probably was Ben's idea