• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trubisky vs Rudolph vs Pickett vs Oladokun.....

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And just like that, Trubisky looks great in the 2 minute drill and in 7 shots. That is why they call it practice.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Is Mason Rudolph a QB who can lead his team to the playoffs?

Anything is possible in America.!

We don't know for certain but time will tell and it will depend on if he even gets a chance or not. I see him here longer than most expect but that is due to coaching keeping a sure-handed at least #2 in the loop. Once the coaching see the #3 being confident then Mason (unless is having a great starter season) will be traded.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Anything is possible in America.!

We don't know for certain but time will tell and it will depend on if he even gets a chance or not. I see him here longer than most expect but that is due to coaching keeping a sure-handed at least #2 in the loop. Once the coaching see the #3 being confident then Mason (unless is having a great starter season) will be traded.

Salute the nation
What do you see in him that rates him higher than most think? I assume most think he's a quality backup but not a guy who's going to take a team anywhere if he's a starter.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
PS

The QB situation will play out and if MASON RUDOLF is our starter than so be it as he isn't as bad as many here think.

Salute the nation
I hope that the Steelers trade RUDOLF to FILADELFIA.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Trubisky is aslightly ahead of mid pack guy. Rudolph is a guy that hasn’t blossomed and picked up the game yet. Picket is an unknown just like all rookies and I never heard of the last guy. I do know without a HOF QB we are going to see all of Tomlins weaknesses exposed and probably be an also ran team for the next 5-10 years.
I'm afraid I agree with you. Everyone who blamed Ben last year for the **** offense is getting ready to learn the hard way Canada was and is the problem and Tomlin is too stubborn to rid the team of him

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s been many years since I’ve been stuck to a screen throughout the day looking for any new morsel of information coming out of camp. It’s an exciting time to be a Steelers fan. I just hope offseason excitement translates.

As interesting as I find the QB battle, the periodic updates are driving me crazy…. The most recent echo coming out of camp is Pickett is the second coming out of Tom Brady running the 2nd team, Rudolph is the most accurate passer to even don a Steelers uniform, and Trubisky can’t hit the side of a barn and hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass since high school. The fact that he’s going against one of the NFLs best defense while the top 3 offensive skill players are out is irrelevant...but boy, it sure would be nice to read about him have at least a little success.

I agree with most here the Mason is trade bait. Glad to see him getting some highlights out on the internet to hopefully pad his value.
I don't see a scenario a t this point where we even think about trading Mason. The fourth guy is getting no reps. Mason is here for the year.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
If Mason is able to beat out Mitch that is a bad scenario for us. If Mitch can not beat out Mason then Pickett should be starting much sooner than later. I dont see the point of keeping both Mitch and Mason. Pickett has to be at least QB2 to get reps. Mitch had a few weeks where he was the best QB in the league, he is just not consistent at all. I dont think we will ever see a 350+ yrd 6 TD game w/ Mason. With Mason you just hope he can hold his own and not screw up bad enough to lose.
He has started 10 games people. it is WAY too early in his starting career to make these judgments. He has shown growth and better pocket presence. He also does have the ability to run if needed. Not something we want him doing often but far more mobile than Ben at the end. He had our second longest run last year.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
Is Mason Rudolph a QB who can lead his team to the playoffs?
If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl as a starter absolutely Mason could get us there. He won't carry us there but with a good run game and a great defense, which may well have, he could do enough in my opinion. The real question is if Canada can call a good enough game for him. THAT is my big fear.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm afraid I agree with you. Everyone who blamed Ben last year for the **** offense is getting ready to learn the hard way Canada was and is the problem and Tomlin is too stubborn to rid the team of him
No way in hell does Tomlin bring in an OC that could show him up. The only person other than Dick LeBeau to coach on this team, that was worth a ****, was Munch, and I believe he really left because it was a **** show. NONE of the coaches have gone on to make even the slightest name for themselves. He talks a good game in the press conferenc, but he is NOT an X’s & O’s cerebral coach. He came in as an up and coming DC, yet he hasn’t shown the ability to take his teams to the next level. His glory days were while he was forced to ride training wheels, since he was given the go ahead, he has achieved virtually nothing.

I do not count the regular season wins as anything more than a side note, post season performance is what truly counts. The playoffs are where you make a name for yourself, and he hasn’t done that. The non losing streak is going to be his legacy. Until he can start piling up post season wins, he will always be a “better than average”coach, but not a top coach.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, he can! Will he, is the problematic part.
I’m not sure he “can”. I just think he is ”out coached” time after time. I believe he has reached his ceiling. I honestly believe if he was graded as a player is, he would have been gone a few years ago. Just ANOTHER case of the Steelers holding on to someone too long.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl as a starter absolutely Mason could get us there. He won't carry us there but with a good run game and a great defense, which may well have, he could do enough in my opinion. The real question is if Canada can call a good enough game for him. THAT is my big fear.
Dilfer didn’t have any team issues he had to overcome. He just had to not lose the game. He did what was needed from him.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Or… if Ben Roethlisberger can win a Super Bowl with a 22.6 QB rating…

Steelmann

Reaction score
I have no idea why it couldn’t be a combo of both of them. Ben was done. And has been for a few years.