• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TRUTH, who did & who did NOT............no judgement.....

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
of course i watched. i'm a football fan.

thought they did a pretty good job of not going overkill on the social justice bullshit. of course, didn't watch national anthems, and as always, game on "mute" during commercials. it was fine.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand the anger at the disrespect of the flag, that being said I will not let them win by chasing me away from the sport I love and team I love. Liberals have wanted to end football for a long time and this is just another way to accomplish that. I will not let them win. I will not watch any pregame coverage from the networks and will tune in just kickoff.

alancac98

Reaction score
I watched maybe 10 minutes of the game, mostly the 1st quarter with a few check-ins. My wife works from 11-7, so I did the dishes so she wouldn't have to do them today. Then, I help my grandson with some Boy Scout things in order to get his 1st Rank.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like many here I too enjoy the game of football. STEELERS football is and has been my biggest favorite for a VERY long time.

The NFL has become a GREED MACHINE and in doing so has catered to the FF league's which in turn has lessened football more and more. It's lessened to the degree of NOT being real football but more like FF football. Originally there were 3 facets of the game, OFFENSE / DEFENSE / SPECIAL TEAMS. ST has been taken nearly OUT of the game and defense has been hampered to 1/2 - 2/3 of what it should be due to the rules to increase FF following.

The NFL has used many guises to acheive this lessening justification (some legitamite some not so much), concussion (why not protect all players and use top equipment), rules / officiating (yes it is fixed to influence outcome), and others as well.

So now they want to add social justice on top of everything else. If they truely were worried, there would be many avenues to get them there instead of political manipulation and in the end it's about money, NOT social justice.

This passenger (DIC) has been on a long journey with the NFL and is getting weary. I plan to watch STEELERS but in a more private way at home. I will watch less and less NFL and that will bleed into smaller URGANCY of the STEELERS games (it already has).

I still crave STEELERS news / games / comrodary / etc. and will find a way to keep that aspect. Just being here, on this best web-site on the planet, STEELERNATION.COM is my main gig and plan to keep it that way.

Everyone here ROCKS, including Coach on a limited basis.....HHHahahhaaaaa

Salute the nation

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched maybe 10 minutes of the game, mostly the 1st quarter with a few check-ins. My wife works from 11-7, so I did the dishes so she wouldn't have to do them today. Then, I help my grandson with some Boy Scout things in order to get his 1st Rank.

if you do dishes often, buy a Kangaroo Mat. It’s a thick springy mat that will make your back feel much better when doing dishes.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
We weren't home in time to catch the opening of the game, but the wife turned it on early in the 1st.

She will watch anything sports related, and drives me crazy when I ask her who's winning and she doesn't know, so I've learned it's just background noise for her.

I tried watching for a few minutes before deciding that it held no interest to me and went out to work in the garage.. Seeing the final score and reports of victim pandering, it was a good decision.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
And I will add this, I think many tuned in just to see how political it got, because it was the first game of the season and people were starving for it.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
after 8:30pm on a Thursday night? Like what? Just curious.. .

Amazing the activities one can find involving "below" said item.........

if you do dishes often, buy a Kangaroo Mat. It’s a thick springy mat that will make your back feel much better when doing dishes.

I'm sure that "kangaroo" mat can have other uses......... OMAR

Salute the nation

SteveA

Reaction score
All you guys better take up other interests because this will not go away...Theses days you never get to watch another Sports program without this agenda------This may hang around for years...

Me, I'll watch football & NBA because I wanna see Sports to forget about life for awhile. Everyone has an agenda...HOLLYWOOD has had an agenda for years, & it has taken over everything in film, yet people still watch that crap, me included....Whether someone stands, kneels, is gay, straight, a murderer, a rapist, a racist, a good ole boy, a Christian, A Jew, A Musli, or a ***** really makes no difference to me....You live your life, & I'll live mine. I cannot control anything in this world

These days everyone wants to put their agenda on others...Like right now for instance: I am putting my "no agenda" message on all of you.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazing the activities one can find involving "below" said item.........

I'm sure that "kangaroo" mat can have other uses......... OMAR

Salute the nation

Drink, join me for a nice piece of chewing gum, wontcha??

tenor.gif

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I didn't watch it because I have been having trouble with my cable and it's probably my cable box. it would not let me tune into the game after I tried multiple times. I kept track of my fantasy guys online. Will watch the Steelers, though, come Hell or high water.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I tuned in right at kickoff so I didn’t see any protest. Watched 3 quarters. I read that ratings are down 12% from 2019 opener. You would think that with no pre-season, ratings would have been up all other things being equal.

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
I did not watch but for the same reasons as every year - I rarely ever watch an NFL game not involving the Steelers. For no-affiliation football, I get my fix on Saturdays. Haven't even watched a Super Bowl in 3-4 years.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I did not watch but for the same reasons as every year - I rarely ever watch an NFL game not involving the Steelers. For no-affiliation football, I get my fix on Saturdays. Haven't even watched a Super Bowl in 3-4 years.

Damn! I’m the same way as I much prefer college football but I still watch the Super Bowl.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't watch last night and won't be watching on Sunday. Still haven't decided if I'm going to watch the game on Monday (may tune in for the second half). I hadn't watched hockey since the 2012 lockout but decided to give it another chance this year. Stopped watching again after they took two days off to protest the shooting of a rapist who assaulted law enforcement officers trying to serve a warrant. The Steelers have pretty much been the only pro sports team I've watched for quite awhile. Haven't watched the NBA or MLB for over 20 years. Thankfully the Irish and the Vols are playing this season, so I'll get to see plenty of football.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
I tuned in right at kickoff so I didn’t see any protest. Watched 3 quarters. I read that ratings are down 12% from 2019 opener. You would think that with no pre-season, ratings would have been up all other things being equal.

There is so much going on right now that I am reluctant to say it is any one thing. I am sure the political part has fueled a lot of it. I also think there are people who have cut the cord on TV and have gone streaming. I suspect COVID has made it worse with the resulting unemployment. I did note the streams last night were more dodgy then ever last year. I wondered if stream demand was actually up. Last, I think people may well be just tired of sitting at home and have found other things to occupy their time. The last thing I want to do anymore is sit at home and stare at a screen. I think a lot of people have gotten creative with their time during Settle in Place and just found ways to get away from the set. We die hard fans have to remember that a great deal of fans are not. Last, I have said for a few years now that I suspect a drop in viewership was coming for a lot of reasons...a big one is a drop in youth football participation for the last 10 or 15 years. There is so much more available for kids to play; many things like hoops and baseball are essentially year round; the whole concussion/injury concern, rule changes to cater to FFL. Maybe things are now coming to a head. Hard to say off one game. Lets see what happens over the first three weeks, but a total drop in views does not shock me in the least; I just don't think it is all the Flag protest (although that probably playes the biggest part right, I know. I see it as more of the straw that broke the camels back. there was a ton leading up to this.)

Last edited:

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
turned it on at 840 as I flipped back and forth with The first 48. Then even the commercials were bullshit. I turned it off.. At 10pm I went and played Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Multiplayer.

OH MAN! I remember the VGA version of Wolfenstein as a first person shooter! Precursor to DOOM! Good Times!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I watched but I wasn’t paying total attention to it either.