• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two weeks in a row

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
We’re good. Belecheat had to have spies and tape us to know our plays back in the day. With MT and crew it’s easy since we have four plays.

diver

Reaction score
I think this is much to do about nothing. This is the NFL. Professionals. People know what you are doing. There is a lot of game tape. On this one Tomlin is right. It's about executing better. Now, why the hell they can't execute better, well, that is on him.

diver

Reaction score
I always thought the most devastating thing for an opposing team is knowing what is coming and being unable to stop it. Like the Steelers running game with Bettis under Cowher. They wern't tricking anybody. Everyone knew what was coming. But they couldn't stop it.

I'd like to see that kind of a football team again.

alancac98

Reaction score
I always thought the most devastating thing for an opposing team is knowing what is coming and being unable to stop it. Like the Steelers running game with Bettis under Cowher. They wern't tricking anybody. Everyone knew what was coming. But they couldn't stop it.

Yep, the Bengals ran the same plays that scored touchdowns to Perine, and the Steelers D couldn't stop it! Which center (Webster I think) would tell the D exactly where they were going to run Franco, but Franco would continue to rip off a good run - and Webster would just laugh!!! I want that kind of swagger on our OL!

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My son can usually call the upcoming play just based on the formation and the personnel on the field. I would say he gets it right 80% of the time. Just imagine how good people that are paid to study this team for a living are at figuring it out.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

The Steelers actually did that on Monday night and it was nice to see. I'm not sure they can do it with any consistency, but it's sad it too the coaching staff until the bye week to realize maybe they should be committing to the run more.

diver

Reaction score
Another thing...what aggravates me about about the "they run the same plays" thing is it gives Tomlin an out. He can always say things like I said...it's pro football, everyone has film, you aren't tricking anyone, while also saying it's about execution. That's where it seems to die. To me, the logical follow up question should be, "Well, why aren't they executing? Isn't that your job to be sure they are executing?" But it never gets asked.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

That would require resetting the culture of the team to a more aggressive nature.And getting some blue chip badass OL players.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing...what aggravates me about about the "they run the same plays" thing is it gives Tomlin an out. He can always say things like I said...it's pro football, everyone has film, you aren't tricking anyone, while also saying it's about execution. That's where it seems to die. To me, the logical follow up question should be, "Well, why aren't they executing? Isn't that your job to be sure they are executing?" But it never gets asked.

Great Post Diver

You are right, it never get's asked due to fear of being blackballed from the media room. Aditi had that run in and hasn't been seen sense, least ways NOT like she was prior to that.

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
My son can usually call the upcoming play just based on the formation and the personnel on the field. I would say he gets it right 80% of the time. Just imagine how good people that are paid to study this team for a living are at figuring it out.
My wife can walk in from the other room, not even know the down distance and say what’s gonna happen…yeah it’s sad

And no…all NFL teams are not THAT predictable

Eliminate the usage of a good percentage of the field taboot…yes we are that dumb🤦🏻‍♂️

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to see a good jet sweep now and then. regardless of the down and distance. Know what is better than a jet sweep? more jet sweeps.

Our Jet sweeps seem to bring more people into the BOX.

More jet sweeps would bring more people into the box and next thing you know...... our box is full........................

This is where "REVERSEJETSWEEPS" come in handy.................

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Our Jet sweeps seem to bring more people into the BOX.

More jet sweeps would bring more people into the box and next thing you know...... our box is full........................

This is where "REVERSEJETSWEEPS" come in handy.................

Salute the nation
Jets sweeps are the thing that will take our game to the next level. I know we need olinemen in next years draft, but I say we trade our 1st for the Bears WR Chase Claypool. something tells me he would be perfect for the Jet Sweep here

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.
Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.

Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Don't swim in the ocean because fish **** in it.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
why aren't the coaches executing?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't swim in the ocean because fish **** in it.

When you do swim in the ocean, try to avoid the turds but you're on your own when it comes to the piss. (hope it isn't windy)

Salute the nation