• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tyson v. Roy Jones Jr.!

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
He cuts 25-30 pounds for weight in. Its water. He may weight in at 155, but he will be 165-170+ when he steps in the cage

Thats what im saying if McGregor cuts 25 pounds he could walk in around 180. Paul (in his own words) had a brutal cut to 190 and was probably 210+ when fighting. Paul just has a much larger frame in general. Chances are Mcgregor would be giving up 30 pounds and if he tried to bulk up would probably lose some speed / stamina. Supposedly Paul's reps have talked to McGregors so we will see. I think it would be funny to see McGregor laid out by Paul. It would certainly be an interesting fight

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Thats what im saying if McGregor cuts 25 pounds he could walk in around 180. Paul (in his own words) had a brutal cut to 190 and was probably 210+ when fighting. Paul just has a much larger frame in general. Chances are Mcgregor would be giving up 30 pounds and if he tried to bulk up would probably lose some speed / stamina. Supposedly Paul's reps have talked to McGregors so we will see. I think it would be funny to see McGregor laid out by Paul. It would certainly be an interesting fight

Paul would have a punchers chance. His overhand right that he landed on a completely unskilled fighter with zero defense. Paul had better get more than that going for him. His head is left in a really good spot to slip that and make him eat a left hook or upper cut. McGregors skill set is on another level when it comes to striking. We will see if his heart is into it or is just ******* off in his next fight.

Hell my 49 year old *** would go fight Paul for a million. I'd come in around 205. Just give me 3-4 months with Freddie Roach and I'm good.

I think you're giving Paul way more credit than he deserves or has earned .

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

McGregor has better fighting experience.
Size aside pro fighters have a certain power behind their punch. I know amateur/pros boxers and have even sparred.
Yes having size helps if you know how to put that power into play, but they throw some bombs. I weigh 190lbs at 5’7.
I sparred against a 135lb amateur. I felt a difference in his punches compared to a street fight.

Last year I actually got in a fight with my neighbors bf. This guy had to outweigh me by 20lbs. His punches were nothing.
If he wasn’t such a douche I would’ve felt bad for the *** kicking I put on him. Lol.

I do like that the youtube guys are showing some entrepreneurship, but they really need to evaluate who they want to fight

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this goes down. Supposedly there is no scoring and they are not "allowed " to go for a knockout. Either the fight will be a joke or they will say screw the rules and go at it

20 years ago, this fight would have been a hot ticket. It's not even a real boxing match, this was an exhibition. It's two guys 50+ years old who would not last two rounds vs. a ranked active heavyweight.

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think Tyson looked alright. Jones looked dog tired and was content to clinch. I think it was pretty clear Tyson was only going for body shots. Tyson wants to keep doing this for charity. I hope they put an end to the circus because it was a crappy fight.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
McGregor has better fighting experience.
Size aside pro fighters have a certain power behind their punch. I know amateur/pros boxers and have even sparred.
Yes having size helps if you know how to put that power into play, but they throw some bombs. I weigh 190lbs at 5’7.
I sparred against a 135lb amateur. I felt a difference in his punches compared to a street fight.

Last year I actually got in a fight with my neighbors bf. This guy had to outweigh me by 20lbs. His punches were nothing.
If he wasn’t such a douche I would’ve felt bad for the *** kicking I put on him. Lol.

I do like that the youtube guys are showing some entrepreneurship, but they really need to evaluate who they want to fight

I'm sure the 135lb guy felt you..lol. Now he could be fast as **** at that weight. Anyone trained correctly how to throw proper punches is going to hit with more power than average Joe Haymaker. Weight doesn't matter sometimes when you have skill and strength.

I remember wrestling a guy when I was 20. He was 6'5 about 280. I was around 180 at the time. He had zero experience. He shot in, I sprawled, took his neck and back before he could think. Locked in a choke. Done. He was dumbfounded that I was that strong.

That's what growing up on a farm does for you...haha.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure the 135lb guy felt you..lol. Now he could be fast as **** at that weight. Anyone trained correctly how to throw proper punches is going to hit with more power than average Joe Haymaker. Weight doesn't matter sometimes when you have skill and strength.

I remember wrestling a guy when I was 20. He was 6'5 about 280. I was around 180 at the time. He had zero experience. He shot in, I sprawled, took his neck and back before he could think. Locked in a choke. Done. He was dumbfounded that I was that strong.

That's what growing up on a farm does for you...haha.

He did lol. He told me after our sparring.

As for my neighbors bf. I broke this dude’s jaw. I thought he was going to press charges.
He never did but she still likes to try to instigate ****. It’s funny cause we put up security cams. She’s throwing a fit about it.
She’s losing her mind yearly. Diagnosed bi-polar. I think she’s more than that.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
He did lol. He told me after our sparring.

As for my neighbors bf. I broke this dude’s jaw. I thought he was going to press charges.
He never did but she still likes to try to instigate ****. It’s funny cause we put up security cams. She’s throwing a fit about it.
She’s losing her mind yearly. Diagnosed bi-polar. I think she’s more than that.

Oh the crazy neighbor from hell. That never ends well. It's a good thing you have cameras. I hope they record. She's throwing a fit because she can't slash your tires or trash your car without getting caught. The boyfriend got a humble life lesson. Just be careful with both. Sometimes they come back with guns when they lose. Hopefully she moves away or gets some medication.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh the crazy neighbor from hell. That never ends well. It's a good thing you have cameras. I hope they record. She's throwing a fit because she can't slash your tires or trash your car without getting caught. The boyfriend got a humble life lesson. Just be careful with both. Sometimes they come back with guns when they lose. Hopefully she moves away or gets some medication.

She’s psycho. Always trying to pick fights with little kids. Claims the street is her property.
The bf actually has a lengthy criminal record. Stolen vehicles, drug possession, transporting stolen vehicles.

He seemed like he was a drug abuser back in his day. When I whooped his ***, he had this tumor like bulge on his cheek, which wound up being my intended target lol. He doesn’t mess with me anymore. She does though.

They assaulted our mail carrier back in February too. I was hoping she’d face some type of federal offense