• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UH Pro Day

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Marquez stevenson - Ht 5'10" 180# Hand 8 5/8 Arm 31 wingspan 74 7/8 Vertical 33 - 40 yd 4.45 - 20 shuttle 4.17 - Broad jump 10-2 - 3 cone 6.46

Payton Turner Ht 6-5 - 268# - Hand 10 4/8 - Arm 35 3/8 - Wing 84 1/8 - Vertical 35 1/2 - 40 DNP - 20 shuttoe 4.25 - Bench 23 reps - 3 cone 6.7

Stevenson's 40 is fast, but I thought it might be lower
Turner's bench reps is lower than I would have expected.

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
maybe a late round pick on a guy who can play center and guard

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
if he was bigger I would be pimping this kid hard....still worth a shot very late or especially as an UDFA he would be a special teams beast

5'11" 225# H 9 6/8 - Arms 30 1/8 - wingspan 74 1/8 bench 28 reps

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
if he was bigger I would be pimping this kid hard....still worth a shot very late or especially as an UDFA he would be a special teams beast

Stuard........hmmm, he plays like a faster Matakevich.....he would be a nice late round/UDFA find.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
GREAT post (s) Coolie and thanks. I'm doubting we take anyone from UH in draft but I'm thinking UDFA might score one.

If you could take 1 player from UH and it didn't affect our drafting (like a free pick so to say), who or which player from UH would you take thinking he has the BEST shot to succeeed here in the BURGH ?

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
GREAT post (s) Coolie and thanks. I'm doubting we take anyone from UH in draft but I'm thinking UDFA might score one.

If you could take 1 player from UH and it didn't affect our drafting (like a free pick so to say), who or which player from UH would you take thinking he has the BEST shot to succeeed here in the BURGH ?

Salute the nation
I would use one of my picks on Stevenson

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I have to stay strong with my original assessment of UH players. Stevenson was faster than I expected but at his size he put up marginal numbers. I look at a guy like Simi Fehoko who caught 1/3 of his teams passing yards in this Covid season and checks the box physically and athletically as a good mid round prospect if we so choose to pick one up. I have him as a 3rd round pick but I’m way higher than most on Fehoko.
Payton Turner is definitely a guy I’m interested in. I had him as a 3rd rounder but his length is elite. I wished he’d ran but that said the 10 yard split is really the most important part to me. He could definitely be a good rotational guy with Highsmith.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I have to stay strong with my original assessment of UH players. Stevenson was faster than I expected but at his size he put up marginal numbers. I look at a guy like Simi Fehoko who caught 1/3 of his teams passing yards in this Covid season and checks the box physically and athletically as a good mid round prospect if we so choose to pick one up. I have him as a 3rd round pick but I’m way higher than most on Fehoko.
Payton Turner is definitely a guy I’m interested in. I had him as a 3rd rounder but his length is elite. I wished he’d ran but that said the 10 yard split is really the most important part to me. He could definitely be a good rotational guy with Highsmith.
I wish he had ran also, also wish Grant Stuard had ran and done the other drills not sure why he DNP on them

My biggest worry with Stevenson is his injury issues. He missed a good bit of time with injuries even last season which was shortened because of covid.

he is plenty fast enough and a good KR I expect the earliest he would go would be late in the 4th or 5th rounds

I do love Payton Turner, he plays hard and I believe with better coaching and conditioning he could have a big upside.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I wish he had ran also, also wish Grant Stuard had ran and done the other drills not sure why he DNP on them

My biggest worry with Stevenson is his injury issues. He missed a good bit of time with injuries even last season which was shortened because of covid.

he is plenty fast enough and a good KR I expect the earliest he would go would be late in the 4th or 5th rounds

I do love Payton Turner, he plays hard and I believe with better coaching and conditioning he could have a big upside.
Stevenson could be the next AB but my thought is for the draft to get drafted you need to have a viable reason. Stevenson isn’t a physical specimen, didn’t dominate or even lead his team in receiving, and has more question marks than answers. He definitely gets invited to a camp and has an outside shot at being drafted but his best bet to make a roster is on special teams and I don’t think he has value besides return ability. I just don’t see him being a gunner. So then he needs to show enough receiving ability to be a teams 4th option. I just don’t see that yet.
Likely practice squad player and if he can stick on a squad and physically develop and absorb the playbook year two is his best bet to making a team.

Turner I feel with his power, long arms, bullrush, and run defense ability at very least is a rotational guy his first year. I think a year of NFL weight training and nutrition goes a long way for him. I also think he’d be a nice complimentary piece with highsmith. Highsmith is more speed and bend but can’t bullrush and has a hard time sealing the edge. Turner has a hard time with speed and bend but his bullrush and ability to play the run and seal and edge is superb. Could be lightening and thunder.

Grant Stuard surprised me he didn’t run. I mean he’s not a great athlete so it’s not like he’s surprising anyone if he runs a 4.8. But if the stars align and he ran a 4.6 scouts would take note. He reminds me of Robert Spillane. A passionate football player who will make it with effort and what is between his ears. Like Stevenson going to have to show special teams value which I have no doubt Stuard excels at. But he will have to show enough to be a backup to make a roster. Probably UDFA that makes PS.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Can he transition to a hybrid LB/S role?

The new nfl is a speed game. Pimp his stock on this board. Get the word out. Let the Steelers FO know what needs to give

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

The new nfl is a speed game. Pimp his stock on this board. Get the word out. Let the Steelers FO know what needs to give
Stuard played safety at times in 2018 and 2019, but was almost exclusively at LB last season. He can drop back in coverage but IMO his biggest weakness is being taken in by a play fake and losing contact with his guy in coverage. Even as a starter he still played special teams and made plays. He had a big hit at the Senior Bowl on a special teams tackle.

A player on the bubble of being drafted should have done all the drills to show the scouts what he could do. I don't know if he was hurt or what He did put up 28 reps on the bench press which was damn good for a kid his size.

As for Stevenson, he only played 5 of the teams games this past season In 2019 he played all 12 games and he did lead the team in receptions and receiving yards. He has improved a lot from his first year on campus and uses his hands a lot better on the quick slants and shorter routes, he does tend to body catch the deep ball though and needs to get better fighting for contested balls. You have your opinion Fordy and that is great I know my opinion is slanted a bit by being a fan of his team, but I think he goes at least by the 5th round and if he is there in the 6th it would irritate me if the Steelers don't take a flyer on him (unless they take another WR earlier)

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Stuard played safety at times in 2018 and 2019, but was almost exclusively at LB last season. He can drop back in coverage but IMO his biggest weakness is being taken in by a play fake and losing contact with his guy in coverage. Even as a starter he still played special teams and made plays. He had a big hit at the Senior Bowl on a special teams tackle.

A player on the bubble of being drafted should have done all the drills to show the scouts what he could do. I don't know if he was hurt or what He did put up 28 reps on the bench press which was damn good for a kid his size.

As for Stevenson, he only played 5 of the teams games this past season In 2019 he played all 12 games and he did lead the team in receptions and receiving yards. He has improved a lot from his first year on campus and uses his hands a lot better on the quick slants and shorter routes, he does tend to body catch the deep ball though and needs to get better fighting for contested balls. You have your opinion Fordy and that is great I know my opinion is slanted a bit by being a fan of his team, but I think he goes at least by the 5th round and if he is there in the 6th it would irritate me if the Steelers don't take a flyer on him (unless they take another WR earlier)
In 2020 Stevenson was behind Dell and Corbin for receiving yards and catches. He also was only 13 yards ahead of the TE Trahan with two less catches. He did have a much better 2019 but trending down is the wrong way you want to go when you enter the draft. For all I know he gets drafted in the first round but in my opinion he goes undrafted. I feel his best shot of getting drafted is if a team falls in love with him and doesn’t want to risk trying to sign him as an UDFA.
But I’m not a GM so at this point it is just opinion.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
In 2020 Stevenson was behind Dell and Corbin for receiving yards and catches. He also was only 13 yards ahead of the TE Trahan with two less catches. He did have a much better 2019 but trending down is the wrong way you want to go when you enter the draft. For all I know he gets drafted in the first round but in my opinion he goes undrafted. I feel his best shot of getting drafted is if a team falls in love with him and doesn’t want to risk trying to sign him as an UDFA.
But I’m not a GM so at this point it is just opinion.
You do realize that Dell, Corbin and Trahan played 3 more games than Stevenson? and 112 of Dell's yards came in the bowl game that both Corbin and Stevenson sat out. He still scored more TDs than any other receiver.

as I said before, I expect him to be a mid to late round pick, you roll the dice and you take your chances.....

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Not likely. What's his 40, shuttle, and cone #'s?

On this topic, the NFL is producing more and more sub 4.5 Linebackers, the type just itching to nail " Mobile " QB's. We saw a few in the super bowl. Expect to see a lot more in the future.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Not likely. What's his 40, shuttle, and cone #'s?

On this topic, the NFL is producing more and more sub 4.5 Linebackers, the type just itching to nail " Mobile " QB's. We saw a few in the super bowl. Expect to see a lot more in the future.
it has already been posted that the DNP in the drills

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
it has already been posted that the DNP in the drills

So he's one of those guys who won't prove his speed, meaning its likely suspect? Or does he have a confrimed injury?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
So he's one of those guys who won't prove his speed, meaning its likely suspect? Or does he have a confrimed injury?
as I have posted elsewhere I have not been able to find out why he did not participate. He is a bubble player with only a slight chance of being drafted so he should do everything he can to catch a scout's eye. He did throw up 28 reps on the bench which is very good for his size