• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Unvaccinated Players Could Mean Forfeits

mdk2

Reaction score
Too bad it'll never happen. A game being forfeited means no money for the league from that game which will never be allowed.
They care about the money, nothing else. If games weren't forfeited last year, they aren't going to be this year.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
bet there's a lot of covering up (and not wearing masks)

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
From what I heard, this new "subtle" strong arm tactic by the Roge includes both teams' players losing their pay for that week regardless if you were on the team unable to play. The NFLPA will have a field day with that in court even with the players on the team that forfeited.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Force all players to get vaccinated, if you want to win money you gotta follow the protocol

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Flog is now on record saying that he believes people should get the jab in order to make a living in their chosen profession.

troymania

Reaction score
I don't know how they can stop it. If you don't want to be vaccinated then don't play and don't get paid. I look for a lot of different venues to start checking for vaccination cards. I have no doubt ole' Rog is all about the money. This ends up in court in some fashion.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I always love how something screws the Steelers and then the next year it's fixed. That would have been two less games the Steelers would have played and some key injuries may not have happened.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see the union agreeing to that.

I thought he was being sarcastic, but can't read Litos' mind (not sure would even want to open that sick, depraved can of worms).

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Flog is now on record saying that he believes people should get the jab in order to make a living in their chosen profession.
I just love Supes Avatar

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I've said, nice knowing the rules before the game is played.

**** the rog as last year was proof he has an agenda against the STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how they can stop it. If you don't want to be vaccinated then don't play and don't get paid. I look for a lot of different venues to start checking for vaccination cards. I have no doubt ole' Rog is all about the money. This ends up in court in some fashion.

Maybe if they argue the case that it's an experimental vaccine that hasn't even been FDA approved?

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe if they argue the case that it's an experimental vaccine that hasn't even been FDA approved?
If it happens in Ohio they have a case as we have a new law barring discrimination against anyone for being or not being vaccinated. Update: The new law is only for schools and public universities the broader law has not passed damn it.

Last edited:

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Easy, you're changing the conditions of a pre-existing contract. You can't have a negotiated contract (the CBA) and then have one side come in and add stipulations that would financially hurt the other side (an unvaccinated player). Even the changes to last season had to be done in concert with the NFLPA.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I think not extending the season is the right thing to do. If your team doesn't have enough players to play a game, tough shitski you forfeit the game. Last year they didn't have the poke so they were left little choices. This year they have better options so they should be using them.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Of course you would. Fascists like forced/coerced compliance limiting freedom.
Like the freedom employers have to institute their own policies and the freedom employees have to quit their job if they don’t like those policies? Those freedoms?

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Easy, you're changing the conditions of a pre-existing contract. You can't have a negotiated contract (the CBA) and then have one side come in and add stipulations that would financially hurt the other side (an unvaccinated player). Even the changes to last season had to be done in concert with the NFLPA.
It would financially hurt both sides. There could be something in the contract that states the NFL maintains the right to cancel games or seasons for whatever reason they choose.