• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Upside of a 60 game MLB season?

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Maybe 60 games is not enough time for the Pirates to go into their annual nosedive of losing in the 2nd half of the season. Since there technically there is no 2nd half this year maybe they will play like they do in the 1st half. I'm grasping at straws here, but straws is all we got.

Buster

Reaction score
You are forgetting, they dig a hole for themselves the first month, then play well enough to give slight hope before tanking in the second half. Therefore, we can expect disappointment once again.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
You are forgetting, they dig a hole for themselves the first month, then play well enough to give slight hope before tanking in the second half. Therefore, we can expect disappointment once again.

****, you're right. They'll start winning games about a week before the end of the season.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Pirates roster looks awful heading into the season so I don't expect much. For the rest of the league, it should actually be more exciting as more games will actually mean something.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
The Pirates roster looks awful heading into the season so I don't expect much. For the rest of the league, it should actually be more exciting as more games will actually mean something.

Especially when your two best pitchers are already shelved for the season.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Pirates go 3 wins, THREE, and 18 losses in preseason. By far by a factor 2, the worst record this preseason. That would be 23 wins in a 162 game regular season.
I used to love this team back in the 70's and could name the entire lineups and rotation off the top of my head....checking the scores and standings every day. A team that won 3 World Series titles in 18 seasons and consistent contender now just a laughing stock.

I consider them mathematically eliminated before the season even starts.