• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Video: Steelers Scouting and Grading Process

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome video, thanks for posting. Affirms what we’ve known for years that the draft process is certainly a group effort and that they stack their board collectively.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Fake news. Tomlin has the final say on all the bad draft picks.....rather, that’s at least that’s what I’ve read from a select few on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

steelhurt

Reaction score
It’s not on Tomlin to have the final word on who this football team selects. It’s a collaborative effort by Kevin, Tomlin, assistant coaches, scouts that make up the teams big board.

We all know how this works. It’s a crapshoot where you’ve done all your do diligence and hope the hell you’re evaluations are accurate. Every team has success and every team has failures. Every team has busts in the early rounds and that’s just how it’s always been. It’s certainly not Tomlin’s fault or any head coaches fault when a high pick is a bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s not on Tomlin to have the final word on who this football team selects. It’s a collaborative effort by Kevin, Tomlin, assistant coaches, scouts that make up the teams big board.

We all know how this works. It’s a crapshoot where you’ve done all your do diligence and hope the hell you’re evaluations are accurate. Every team has success and every team has failures. Every team has busts in the early rounds and that’s just how it’s always been. It’s certainly not Tomlin’s fault or any head coaches fault when a high pick is a bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

That's not how it works around here...

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dri Archer.

Joe.