• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Was Wisniewski brought in to start?

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Reading an arcticle about Feiler and whether he will make the change to OG ,, or stay at RT.

Got me thinking.

Is Wisniewski going to start at LG and leave Feiler there to compete at RT with the others?

I'm thinking, no. I think Wisniewski is THE back up for CENTER and guard. I don't remember it said that Feiler would / could be a center.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2018/08/steelers_centers_53-man_roster.html

So yeah I want looking and found that article. Apparently he as worked at it some in the past. When he was a back up.

I just thinik the steelers have already decided to move Fieler to LG.

I think they will draft a RT, and let them compete with Banner and Okorafor, Okorafor still on his rookie contract and Banner on a one year deal. Granted it may end up being BPA. But I think O Line is where they will pick.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Reading an arcticle about Feiler and whether he will make the change to OG ,, or stay at RT.

Got me thinking.

Is Wisniewski going to start at LG and leave Feiler there to compete at RT with the others?

I'm thinking, no. I think Wisniewski is THE back up for CENTER and guard. I don't remember it said that Feiler would / could be a center.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2018/08/steelers_centers_53-man_roster.html

So yeah I want looking and found that article. Apparently he as worked at it some in the past. When he was a back up.

I just thinik the steelers have already decided to move Fieler to LG.

I think they will draft a RT, and let them compete with Banner and Okorafor, Okorafor still on his rookie contract and Banner on a one year deal. Granted it may end up being BPA. But I think O Line is where they will pick.

You're right. He was brought in to be BJ Finney's replacement. Not Foster's. He's a vet, he's smart, and he can play well, I just don't think he's an every game starter at this point in his career. Steelers needed a backup C, and he is it. Plus he can back both G spots.

That's why I have G and NT as the only 2 positions without a solid starter. It's why I will not be the least surprised if we go IOL with the first pick.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
You're right. He was brought in to be BJ Finney's replacement. Not Foster's. He's a vet, he's smart, and he can play well, I just don't think he's an every game starter at this point in his career. Steelers needed a backup C, and he is it. Plus he can back both G spots.

That's why I have G and NT as the only 2 positions without a solid starter. It's why I will not be the least surprised if we go IOL with the first pick.

ok cope,, but yet we have all heard Fieler was moving to IOL fosters spot..

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What happened to BPA ??

Berm was that you that got caught playing catch with Tommyboy in a closed park ??

BPA is my second option behind the OL, personally.

If I see Marsha in TB - you'll all know it because I'll be on the news for punching him in the vajayjay...

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
BPA is my second option behind the OL, personally.

If I see Marsha in TB - you'll all know it because I'll be on the news for punching him in the vajayjay...

Better be careful..... he just brought in a bodyguard............ GRONK is back

You better head out to the patent office before somebody else beats you to it
T-shirts, ball caps, etc...... The New New England

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Wisniewski can start if they want to leave Feiler at RT, but they paid him like a backup. I think we could see a 2nd or 3rd round guard compete for a starting spot.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Better be careful..... he just brought in a bodyguard............ GRONK is back

You better head out to the patent office before somebody else beats you to it
T-shirts, ball caps, etc...... The New New England

I never thought to patent it, but I did tell my wife that we need to mover further from the city, "*'s South"...true statement.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
That was all speculation which would close one hole by opening another.

1. Speculation by whom?
2. Our running game wasn't exactly stellar last year with feiler at tackle.
3. We have 2 deep in the wings at OT. Okorafor and Zach banner. The latter is who played when we employed the unbalanced offense. Feiler was originally slated as an intrrior lineman.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Speculation by whom? by whoever reported it.
2. Our running game wasn't exactly stellar last year with feiler at tackle. hard to get an accurate read with who played QB
3. We have 2 deep in the wings at OT. Okorafor and Zach banner. The latter is who played when we employed the unbalanced offense. Feiler was originally slated as an intrrior lineman . Neither of those T's established themselves as starter capable, as a big of a question-mark as who will be starting in Fosters spot..

Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...ler-its-a-nice-issue-to-be-able-to-deal-with/

I read that sure. We already knew Matt was G capable, that isn't the problem. what is more concerning was the lack of confidence in a T replacement. As I said you can move Matt to G but that just opens another hole up. You know.... for those tackles who couldn't beat him out for the spot last year.

So yeah I get a year in a year improvement possibility, but it is just a equal possibility that those two tackles aren't the answer.

Good thing we have the draft to help.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
ok cope,, but yet we have all heard Fieler was moving to IOL fosters spot..

We've all heard it, and it happened in one game last year, but the reality is speculation on the fan's part. The Steelers know their personnel better, and we won't know the real answer until training camp, to see IF Feiler starts lining up at LG.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree too, Cope - OG or OT with #49...

I'm till going BPA. Ruiz and Cushionberry are the BPAs if they are there at 49. Outside of that, I'm fine drafted a skilled WR, $B, S, or even RB if it can help the team now. Higgins is my WR crush right now, but I'm taking those IOL over him if I had the chance, because that would be BPA.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...ler-its-a-nice-issue-to-be-able-to-deal-with/

Nice Bleeder, I hadn't seen that interview before.

I am optimistic at the T depth we have with Chukes and Banner, as a GM or Coach, I still wouldn't be comfortable moving Feiler to LG from RT UNLESS Chuckes or Banner shows they are clearly the better option at RT this year. That's also why I think the Steelers will double dip at OL this draft for G/C & T

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice Bleeder, I hadn't seen that interview before.

I am optimistic at the T depth we have with Chukes and Banner, as a GM or Coach, I still wouldn't be comfortable moving Feiler to LG from RT UNLESS Chuckes or Banner shows they are clearly the better option at RT this year. That's also why I think the Steelers will double dip at OL this draft for G/C & T

I would be fine with a G and T with the first two picks provided they were BPA.

That group has some significant question marks. Ben might answer some of them.

maybe

ianv2012

Reaction score
I'm till going BPA. Ruiz and Cushionberry are the BPAs if they are there at 49. Outside of that, I'm fine drafted a skilled WR, $B, S, or even RB if it can help the team now. Higgins is my WR crush right now, but I'm taking those IOL over him if I had the chance, because that would be BPA.

Agreed. Either would be plug and play, but I value Ruiz more because he can slide into C once Pouncey retires with the hope of having a continuation of quality C for another decade

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Barron played more snaps than NT and Steelers have talked about Edmonds picking up some of those. Could Steelers be looking for
starting SS and change Edmonds role?.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My mock has Cushenberry with our first pick and Bredeson a couple of slots after...

Best case scenario would be leave Feiler at Tackle and have one the young kids mentioned above step into Fosters slot.

Cushenberry is projected long term as a center, which he will be successful at (Pouncey's replacement), but for next year I hope he is our starting right guard..
I'm obviously ok with Bredeson stepping up and filling that void also..

We really need to get a couple IOL and ILB's somehow in this years draft.

Last edited:

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If we need him to start, or if he earns it, then he starts. He's insurance in case of an injury. One of the young bulls at RT needs to step up this year.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely need to get some young O-Line and ILB depth today.

Bredeson with our first one would be ideal imo..

And get Pickney out of Miami sometime today also.

Last edited: