• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Washington Video

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
nice guy, he also is ready for the zombie apocalypse with his bow and car fixing skills

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
Wonder what the issue is with his in field play? Has he caught a ball yet?

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the issue is Ben doesn’t trust him. This kid has some of the best traffic catches I’ve seen. He’s strong and physical and fast. He made a couple of tough sideline catches last week. Then they went to Switzer...idk.

The kid has a strong camp and preseason and falls off all of the sudden?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
PSE is a great archery company. He needs to relax his grip on the bow. Holding it like that can cause you to pull it to one side or the other. Also he needs a fall away rest. Those whisker biscuits ruin fletchings.

Good hunting in that area.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Route tree both sides of the ball is what's holding him back, just my opinion. He needs to learn b oath sides and progression of said tree.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Route tree both sides of the ball is what's holding him back, just my opinion. He needs to learn b oath sides and progression of said tree.

Salute the nation

That is what I read that his route tree is still a work in progress.

I think he will get it together...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That is what I read that his route tree is still a work in progress.

I think he will get it together...

slash, I think he will also. I think it extended to his college days of playing only one side of the ball, that's what I thought I read. Most rookies don't do a lot their first year in the NFL but I think Washington gets is sooner than later and his combat catching experience will take over making him a tough to gaurd WR. I see good in his future he just needs to learn and be patient, after all look who's ahead of him on this STEELERS team. Andre Risen would have a tough time cracking this line-up as a rookie.

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Sure would be nice if he could catch on with this offense, we would have a lot of different weapons and different looks.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Route trees are easy to learn. The nuances in and out of breaks, and what technique you need to enter and release from those breaks is what takes time to learn. He's having trouble getting separation out of his breaks. It's frustrating to watch, because he is not improving and he's getting a ton of snaps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Route trees are easy to learn. The nuances in and out of breaks, and what technique you need to enter and release from those breaks is what takes time to learn. He's having trouble getting separation out of his breaks. It's frustrating to watch, because he is not improving and he's getting a ton of snaps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

So, it's his footwork? AB is the best. He better study with him.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So, it's his footwork? AB is the best. He better study with him.

AB is the gold standard of footwork and using his hands to create space and not get called.

Washington's problem is it takes time for him to get up to speed. He can be knocked off his route, and easily covered. He can't get separation with his speed on inside quick routes, he need to incorporate footwork and double moves, to get the DBs guessing to his direction. I reviewed him as a boom or bust receiver. Right not, I'm waiting for his first boom...