• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH – Ben Roethlisberger Announces his Retirement

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
From Tom Brady:

Tom Brady
@TomBrady

Ben defied the TB12 Method in favor of the “Throw Some Ice On It” method his whole career, and ended up an all-time-great with 6 Pro-Bowls and 2 Super Bowls. There’s more than one way to bake a cake!
Why did he "defy" the TB12 method? Marcia thinks she is some kind of standard for how a QB prepares? F off cheating douche canoe.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Why? It's funny. You have to take the good with the bad. Nothing worse than an echo chamber of praise and worship.
Exactly. It's not as if I wrote the f'n article. I think it's possible to be a BB fan and still think the article is humorous. How interesting would this thread be if all everyone said was "Thank you Ben for being awesome"? For those that prefer to build a shrine and shed those tears, no one is stopping them from doing so.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not as if I wrote the f'n article. I think it's possible to be a BB fan and still think the article is humorous. How interesting would this thread be if all everyone said was "Thank you Ben for being awesome"? For those that prefer to build a shrine and shed those tears, no one is stopping them from doing so.
Well the Ben nuthuggers are like the Trump cultists: they just want to cheer their guy on and not hear any facts, or be reminded dude was not and is not a saint to this day. No matter what he babbles about Jesus or whatever.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well the Ben nuthuggers are like the Trump cultists: they just want to cheer their guy on and not hear any facts, or be reminded dude was not and is not a saint to this day. No matter what he babbles about Jesus or whatever.
Why do you think on the day he retires we need to rehash bullshit from way back when? How does that pay tribute? It comes across as dickheaded. There is no Steeler fan unfamiliar with his episodes. When someone you love goes ****-up will you be front-lining their faults? I seriously doubt it. Yeah people do find "Jesus" or God or whatever. If it makes them better as a human being..that is a plus not a minus.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Why? It's funny. You have to take the good with the bad. Nothing worse than an echo chamber of praise and worship.
There are thousands of critical posts on this forum of Ben. Including many of mine. Is it really too much to ask on the day he announces his retirement that we try and keep this one retirement thread positive?

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Leave the politics out of this forum.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Ben and the Steelers handled the retirement so well once it became "officially reported." The organization did such a great job for his final game at Heinz Field along with the tributes today. Ben's video he released was a nice touch and I look forward to him returning to Heinz Field to receive his Hall of Fame ring in 5 years.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I wish it ended differently, but I appreciate AB recognizing one of the best QB-WR duos in NFL history. He knows Ben is the best QB he's ever played with.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
First team to have three road playoff victories then win the SB. Yeah that was my elite quarterback.

That Denver game had me a little nervous leading up to it. They got handled well. Each week the talking heads said they had little chance.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Loved watching the players chime in.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Bummer. Not sure I will be too much of an active fan anymore. Steelers always. Today's nfl? Not so much. He was old school.
bullshit. you'll be chomping at the bit for the games this weekend, no doubt about it.

• Haha
Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
bullshit. you'll be chomping at the bit for the games this weekend, no doubt about it.
That’s what I said. Stockholm syndrome.

“It’s rigged, but I love the Steelers so much”

“They’re too woke, but OMG Claypool needs to learn to catch”

Love y’alls. But man you guys can be entertaining. From my observation it’s like watching that one ghetto couple who are always high/drunk and beat the ever lasting snot out of each other but they stay together cause love.

:geek:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Time to take down the Christmas tree Tommy.
I was laughing about that earlier. And wasn't sure how long ago the video was made. He unofficially was talking about retirement when? Anywho that is exactly what I blurted out to ol girl, Tommy gun time to take down the 🎄. Looked like his nose was screwed up? I thought Heath was looking a little rough too. Hope all are doing good...