• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH – Ben Roethlisberger Announces his Retirement

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was laughing about that earlier. And wasn't sure how long ago the video was made. He unofficially was talking about retirement when? Anywho that is exactly what I blurted out to ol girl, Tommy gun time to take down the 🎄. Looked like his nose was screwed up? I thought Heath was looking a little rough too. Hope all are doing good...
Yep. Heath looked a little rough.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My name is Tom.

It's just sad to think that he could have had another 1 to 2 SBs if we had a coach that was actually qualified for the job. And don't even get me started on Canada's supposed "complex" offensive schemes. That incompetent **** would have been enough to cause anyone to retire.

QUIT trying to high-jack this thread, Its in HoNOR of BEN ROETHLISBERGER you ******* moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You all crack me up. I haven't watched a non-Steelers playoff game in years. Including super bowls.
Yeah if it wasn't for ol girl and friends I would have never tuned in on a game the Steelers weren't playing in. I fight to even watch for pick-ems. Someone is coming over Sunday and I didn't know who was playing until I was told. Still that 6 year old that hated being beat at checkers. I hate when the Steelers lose with a passion. I stopped tossing random items over time. But the blood boils still probably always will.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bummer. Not sure I will be too much of an active fan anymore. Steelers always. Today's nfl? Not so much. He was old school.

Well I'd like to see you KEEP coming here and posting, always enjoy you 2 cents..................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is not the birthday present I wanted for my 50th (b-day on Sunday)...

But, we knew it was coming so there's that.

Ben, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the years of effort and hard play. You spoiled us.

Berm

Happy Birthday berm and any a many more to come !!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That ain't stopping. This place is therapy.

****** Aaaa.............. now you're talking and just think.......... you are joining the ranks of Backdoor Butternut Bob,............. He can't seem to leave either :fencing:

lol

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well the Ben nuthuggers are like the Trump cultists: they just want to cheer their guy on and not hear any facts, or be reminded dude was not and is not a saint to this day. No matter what he babbles about Jesus or whatever.

Take this to the political board

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Ben gets absolutely no respect… top ten QB all time…. The article about about him retiring buried on ESPN under articles about Bwady and Rodgers maybe retiring…

Brees and manning got more coverage… heck Rivers got more coverage….
Wilbon was all over the Ben disrespect on PTI tonight. It was a great segment and gave Roethlisberger the huge props he deserves.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
iu

Good job!!!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Big Ben has being the QB of the Steelers for most of my adult life, given that I started watching NFL games in my mid teens. I appreciate all the effort and dedication he gave to the team, tough as nails, I didn't see other QB take such a beating and still come back for a winning drive over and over again, his houdini moves to escape from q sure sack and then not just throw it away but complete an impossible pass are legendary and probably an inspiration for the new elite QBs in the league.

Also appreciate how he bettered himself as a person because everyone deserves a second chance and this guy took it wholeheartedly.

Thanks Ben for all the great moments, we always had a chance to win it all with you at the helm.

Ps: if anyone has the pic after the broken nose against the rat birds I'd appreciate to see it posted.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Ben gets absolutely no respect… top ten QB all time…. The article about about him retiring buried on ESPN under articles about Bwady and Rodgers maybe retiring…

Brees and manning got more coverage… heck Rivers got more coverage….
Interesting. I live in Vancouver. West coast Canada. Big Ben’s retirement along with clips and mentioning of Steeler records,saying top 10 QB of all time along with surefire first ballot HOF .........this made second lead sports story on the dinner time news.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You should have let him ride in the cab.

He wasn't wearing a diaper and couldn't be trusted to clean up after himself like Coolie does........................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Big Ben has being the QB of the Steelers for most of my adult life, given that I started watching NFL games in my mid teens. I appreciate all the effort and dedication he gave to the team, tough as nails, I didn't see other QB take such a beating and still come back for a winning drive over and over again, his houdini moves to escape from q sure sack and then not just throw it away but complete an impossible pass are legendary and probably an inspiration for the new elite QBs in the league.

Also appreciate how he bettered himself as a person because everyone deserves a second chance and this guy took it wholeheartedly.

Thanks Ben for all the great moments, we always had a chance to win it all with you at the helm.

Ps: if anyone has the pic after the broken nose against the rat birds I'd appreciate to see it posted.

EXCELLENT post Litos, thank you

So many fans want to "rapelesberger" BEN. They forget the fact of exactly what you are saying here. The second chance has been offered to many worse case players yet never seemed to have been offered to BEN.

He deseves a great deal of much deserved respect he has garnered from his life turn around. He has made that transition flawlessly. I am so proud of him in that respect as much as his football achievements.

Thank You Ben for being a role model.

Salute the nation

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
EXCELLENT post Litos, thank you

So many fans want to "rapelesberger" BEN. They forget the fact of exactly what you are saying here. The second chance has been offered to many worse case players yet never seemed to have been offered to BEN.

He deseves a great deal of much deserved respect he has garnered from his life turn around. He has made that transition flawlessly. I am so proud of him in that respect as much as his football achievements.

Thank You Ben for being a role model.

Salute the nation

I'm a Ben fan, but "role model"? lol

Last edited: