• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH – Ben Roethlisberger Announces his Retirement

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

skline00

Reaction score
I have been lucky enough at 70 to see BOTH Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben play.

But for the first few years, Terry had an incredible defense and offense. Sure helped him get 4 Superbowl rings.

Big Ben was blessed with a solid team that seemed to really weaken over time yet he kept us in games and still was in 3 Superbowl games and won 2!

Terry was tough but Big Ben was one of the toughest QBs I ever saw play.

Steeler fans now will see what Big Ben's retirement means.

I wish the very BEST to Big Ben, his wife and children.

18 years in the NFL? WOW!

Last edited:

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Why do you think on the day he retires we need to rehash bullshit from way back when? How does that pay tribute? It comes across as dickheaded. There is no Steeler fan unfamiliar with his episodes. When someone you love goes ****-up will you be front-lining their faults? I seriously doubt it. Yeah people do find "Jesus" or God or whatever. If it makes them better as a human being..that is a plus not a minus.

Just keeping it fair and balanced, no one likes an echo chamber except for the weak-minded.

The U.S. is the most Christian nation on earth. The U.S. has more people incarcerated than any nation on earth. In surveys done by the Federal Bureau of Prisons of federal and state penitentiaries upwards of 90% of prisoners identify as Christian......

How is Jesus making us better human beings working out?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Yeah, Tommy Maddox sounded like he got his bell rung a few too many times.
Sounded to me like he was reliving swallowing a bitter pill..........

In fact, you could see him forcing himself to be "diplomatic." He went crying into Cowher's office that he had been promised the starting job and now they were letting this kid have it. From all accounts he threw quite the fit.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Just a great video. Very humble. If you don't at least respect Roethlisberger **** you.
Depends on your perspective. If you are a woman I can understand the lack of respect, whether he did it or not.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Ben and the Steelers handled the retirement so well once it became "officially reported." The organization did such a great job for his final game at Heinz Field along with the tributes today. Ben's video he released was a nice touch and I look forward to him returning to Heinz Field to receive his Hall of Fame ring in 5 years.
Really? Funny how he avoided the usual retirement PC route...I guess he didn't want to get asked "those questions."

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just keeping it fair and balanced, no one likes an echo chamber except for the weak-minded.

The U.S. is the most Christian nation on earth. The U.S. has more people incarcerated than any nation on earth. In surveys done by the Federal Bureau of Prisons of federal and state penitentiaries upwards of 90% of prisoners identify as Christian......

How is Jesus making us better human beings working out?
I dunno you would have to ask him or his dad. 😁

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Not to get all sappy but what a career.

I remember the day he was drafted like it was yesterday. He made so many of my Sunday afternoons enjoyable, made me proud to wear the black and gold and kept us relevant right up until the end. He made average players look like all pros and generally played through pain. The man dedicated his career to the Pittsburgh Steelers and I will forever be grateful that he did so. Funny thing is, he was never my favorite Steeler but to see his retirement video made me acknowledge how impactful he was and the fact that he was on the field gave me the ability to root for those that were. We are all lucky to have seen him play and for me personally I can never thank him enough for the good times, the new people I have met, the places I've went and even heart break just because he wore the Steeler uniform. I'm conflicted over his retirement, I'm glad to have seen him play yet nervous for what the future brings. Those of us that have been fans since the 70's and even before know that great quarterback play is not a given. Ben was a special football player and I thank him for everything he has done for Steeler Nation. Truly a Hall of Fame talent, Steeler legend and great quarter back. #7 always a Steeler

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Depends on your perspective. If you are a woman I can understand the lack of respect, whether he did it or not.
**** that. I don't know what he did. No one does but him and them and other people seem to get redemption. If he fully raped those girls he would have went to jail. Or at least be charged. I think he was acting like a entitled *******. But that was more then a decade ago.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a woman. And I have a brain and I took a deep dive into all of the facts surrounding the allegations.

Neither of the rape allegations could be supported by evidence, and in fact there was exculpatory evidence in both cases. Thus Ben was never arrested or charged with anything.

Now, it appears Ben was kind of a pig as a young single guy (like probably at least half the NFL) and by a lot of accounts a dick to fans at times but after he almost ruined his life he recognized the mistakes he made and turned his life around. By all accounts now he has been a good husband and father and does a lot for charity without trying to bring a lot of attention to it for publicity. He saw the errors of his ways and fixed them.

It's amazing to me with no arrest, charges or trial Ben is treated like a rapist by many, but meanwhile Kobe is treated like a holy angel even though his allegations almost went to trial before he bought the woman off. Interesting.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Look at onefor taking all the dong can muster and making it look easy.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a Ben fan, but "role model"? lol

Get ******..............................

It's Moron's such as you that hold a double standard of this part of Ben. Is rayaray lewis a role model for you? Society seems to think so. Just an example amognst many bad role models that are out there.

Yet Ben has totally unequivicaly cleaned up and turned around his act in life.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a woman. And I have a brain and I took a deep dive into all of the facts surrounding the allegations.

Neither of the rape allegations could be supported by evidence, and in fact there was exculpatory evidence in both cases. Thus Ben was never arrested or charged with anything.

Now, it appears Ben was kind of a pig as a young single guy (like probably at least half the NFL) and by a lot of accounts a dick to fans at times but after he almost ruined his life he recognized the mistakes he made and turned his life around. By all accounts now he has been a good husband and father and does a lot for charity without trying to bring a lot of attention to it for publicity. He saw the errors of his ways and fixed them.

It's amazing to me with no arrest, charges or trial Ben is treated like a rapist by many, but meanwhile Kobe is treated like a holy angel even though his allegations almost went to trial before he bought the woman off. Interesting.

Excellent post and perspective, you see what MANY don't. Thank you

Salute the nation

Gildong Sack

Reaction score

First of all you don't speak for all women and you are biased as a Steelers fan.

He paid a settlement in the neighborhood of 1 million.....did your brain (whatever gender it may be installed in) contemplate that? Everyone and their dog says that is a sign of guilt when it comes to Michael Jackson and Bill Clinton......but strangely, not in this case....hmmm.....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
First of all you don't speak for all women and you are biased as a Steelers fan.

He paid a settlement in the neighborhood of 1 million.....did your brain (whatever gender it may be installed in) contemplate that? Everyone and their dog says that is a sign of guilt when it comes to Michael Jackson and Bill Clinton......but strangely, not in this case....hmmm.....
I am sure there was athletes that paid to make their headache go away. That wouldn't necessarily be an admission of guilt. Obviously in your mind you are the judge, and executioner. May one day someone pay you the same courtesy of guilty until proven innocent.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
the dude has dong and sack in his user name. maybe these hateful post about #7 is a cry for help for something he may be suppressing. Help is just a phone call away buddy.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the dude has dong and sack in his user name. maybe these hateful post about #7 is a cry for help for something he may be suppressing. Help is just a phone call away buddy.

Sometimes the phone call needs to be made for them............................. simple things can be made difficult

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am sure there was athletes that paid to make their headache go away. That wouldn't necessarily be an admission of guilt. Obviously in your mind you are the judge, and executioner. May one day someone pay you the same courtesy of guilty until proven innocent.

True in the sense that some think they are just better than thou.

Salute the nation

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

But for the first few years, Terry had an incredible defense and offense. Sure helped him get 4 Superbowl rings.

Big Ben was blessed with a solid team that seemed to really weaken over time yet he kept us in games and still was in 3 Superbowl games and won 2!

Well said...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
**** that. I don't know what he did. No one does but him and them and other people seem to get redemption. If he fully raped those girls he would have went to jail. Or at least be charged. I think he was acting like a entitled *******. But that was more then a decade ago.
That’s his handling now. I’m sure he got heckled with a lot of rapistberger heckling from opposing fans. Now that he’s retired, wherever goes that’s something that looms over him.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

18 years is a long time. I wish Ben the best in retirement as well.

And yes I know what Big Ben’s retirement means.
It means he’s retired