• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watson to Miami??

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
So is Tua on the trading block now?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Watson should be looking at a long suspension. He should be on Goddell's exempt list or whatever he calls it so he can't play until their investigation is over (which it is apparently ongoing). Then, he has to get at least 6 games for conduct detrimental to the league and you would think he would get a lot more even if nothing legally happens to him. I wouldn't want to give up multiple first-round picks and multiple other high picks for him. He could show up and certainly shouldn't play until 2022 and possibly 2023 depending on how bad his suspension is. ****, Ben got 4 and had it knocked to 3 and he did nothing compared to what Watson is accused of by 20+ women or however many it has gotten up to these days.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I would have thought the Pat*** would have traded for him before the draft. He and Kraft have a lot in common.
Also have to think that Miami doesn't make this trade unless they are provided with evidence that he won't be charged criminally. Plus, if I'm his agent and he isn't charged criminally and the league comes with a suspension, I'm hollering about Kraft.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Watson should be looking at a long suspension. He should be on Goddell's exempt list or whatever he calls it so he can't play until their investigation is over (which it is apparently ongoing). Then, he has to get at least 6 games for conduct detrimental to the league and you would think he would get a lot more even if nothing legally happens to him. I wouldn't want to give up multiple first-round picks and multiple other high picks for him. He could show up and certainly shouldn't play until 2022 and possibly 2023 depending on how bad his suspension is. ****, Ben got 4 and had it knocked to 3 and he did nothing compared to what Watson is accused of by 20+ women or however many it has gotten up to these days.

Just a correction, Ben initially got a 6 game suspension which was reduced to 4 provided he complied to everything needed.

Salute the nation

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Just a correction, Ben initially got a 6 game suspension which was reduced to 4 provided he complied to everything needed.

Salute the nation
As I recalled, reduced just far enough that he'd still miss the Rat game. Gotta protect Raj's favorite team.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have thought the Pat*** would have traded for him before the draft. He and Kraft have a lot in common.
Also have to think that Miami doesn't make this trade unless they are provided with evidence that he won't be charged criminally. Plus, if I'm his agent and he isn't charged criminally and the league comes with a suspension, I'm hollering about Kraft.

Not disagreeing with your comment at all. I'd just note that the NFL is far from equal application of "the law."

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Mister Massage goes to Miami Beach. I'm sure this won't be a problem.
There are some women in Miami that eyes turning to $$ with the prospect of him coming to town

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...

As the resident Bama homer - I would snatch Tua up in a NY minute if they cut him.

He's better than any other QB on our roster and better than anyone coming out this year.

Thoughts???
It worked at Bama and he had a plethora of talent around him. I like the guy being a fellow BAMA supporter but at 6'1" and 217 lbs with the laundry list of major injuries this dude has sustained at an early age I think his NFL career will not be at the same level of success as it was in college. Miami isn't exactly a well oiled machine. The Steelers would provide more tools on OFFENSE but our Oline would still be the issue and I am not sure he would stand up to the pounding. Don't get me wrong he has tons of heart but he is brittle. He may be better than what we currently have at QB but I don't think he is a prototypical QB the Steelers look for. If he is available and Ben is done he could be an option at the right price. I agree there is nothing in next years draft that screams at yaz for the QB position.... Probably better to ride Rudolph or Haskins for a year than draft a reach project just because. Better to lure a veteran QB if we feel the DEF is still there .......but it sure has been reeling this year and tackling is just sad. Hoping Karl Joseph can teach someone how to light up a player in practice drills.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...

As the resident Bama homer - I would snatch Tua up in a NY minute if they cut him.

He's better than any other QB on our roster and better than anyone coming out this year.

Thoughts???
I dunno he might be. Hard to say. They would be cutting the cord way too early in finding out on their end his true potential IMO. I know it is the Not For Long league but they sure are an impatient knee jerk lot. Some football players are simply late developers. I get the win now, but for me it is hold onto the talent long enough to see what you truly have. And I don't think he got that there. You look at their track history and it isn't shocking. Pick him up? Knowing how inept Miami is damn right I would. Here he would at least get the time needed to find out his true worth.

xjx

Reaction score
Rumors are circulating that WFT wants Tua. Speculation of some sort of 3 way deal.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating that WFT wants Tua. Speculation of some sort of 3 way deal.
I find this hard to believe i thought they had Fitzpatrick who is hurt and Heinke (or whatever his name is) has played solid this year and the end of last year. I don't think Tua would do better than either of those. Fitz is one of the veterans i would look at for next year. Shouldn't cost a lot, smart guy, and has a lot of guts. Think he could be a decent stop gap. As for Watson any team giving up a lot of capital is stupid. I think Watson is a little overrated and ask this has to be taking a mental toll on him. Not sure he can even get back to the player he was

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...

Thoughts???
Sorry, but hell no. Tua's a bust, already easy for me to see. He's just another dude, not the "next Russell Wilson" that everyone was expecting. This franchise surely wouldnt be winning ring #7 with him under center