• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watson to Miami??

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Then Watson should be looking at an entire season or close to it.

I agree but I highly doubt Watson will get much more than 6, possibly 8 games. If he is convicted then the courts will determine but don't look past the NFL allowing him to serve his suspention while in jail. Little Chest got to serve his even though he wasn't even on a roster.

Part of why I said **** the nfl and really only care about the STEELERS part of it.

Salute the nation

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I like Watson and he would look good in B&G, but not at the Texans asking price & his issues, and Tua, eh, not impressed. Maybe a change would do him good in Washington.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but hell no. Tua's a bust, already easy for me to see. He's just another dude, not the "next Russell Wilson" that everyone was expecting. This franchise surely wouldnt be winning ring #7 with him under center
Bust might be a little harsh at this point Omar... I agree he is not Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray level ........ but he could still be a better than average QB if he can stay healthy.
Don't forget where he plays ......Miami ...... how many Superbowls did they win with that Marino dude ?

You have to admit that some organizations should be called disorganizations..... if Miami moves on from Tua this soon and brings in Watson ........ they will still be a dead fish in the water for years to come

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Watson should be looking at a long suspension. He should be on Goddell's exempt list or whatever he calls it so he can't play until their investigation is over (which it is apparently ongoing). Then, he has to get at least 6 games for conduct detrimental to the league and you would think he would get a lot more even if nothing legally happens to him. I wouldn't want to give up multiple first-round picks and multiple other high picks for him. He could show up and certainly shouldn't play until 2022 and possibly 2023 depending on how bad his suspension is. ****, Ben got 4 and had it knocked to 3 and he did nothing compared to what Watson is accused of by 20+ women or however many it has gotten up to these days.
According to the NEW Goodell suspension protocol, Watson has already been serving. Ask Antonio Brown how the math works, it's way too complicated for us amateurs.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Watson could be playing right now. He is only not playing because the Texans are calling him a healthy scratch every week.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Bust might be a little harsh at this point Omar... I agree he is not Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray level ........ but he could still be a better than average QB if he can stay healthy.
Don't forget where he plays ......Miami ...... how many Superbowls did they win with that Marino dude ?

You have to admit that some organizations should be called disorganizations..... if Miami moves on from Tua this soon and brings in Watson ........ they will still be a dead fish in the water for years to come

oh, i'm sure the dolphins will be a blah team even WITH watson, and yes, miami certainly has a reputation for being less-than-stellar on a front office/organizational level for a good 2 decades now. but let's be honest, back in dan marino's day, they were a pretty damn good organization, they were ALWAYS competitive, always one of the better teams in the conference, but unfortunately for them, they just couldn't get past other teams like Buffalo, the Broncos, they would had to have beaten that Dallas dynasty later in his career and that likely wouldn't have happened, etc. Dan's been in retirement for over 20 seasons now, it's like it's not even the same organization anymore, so that's not really an apt comparison, IMO.

certainly, i could be wrong about Tua, and that maybe he's just with the wrong team/system, but i don't think so. by all means, feel free to bump this and point and laugh if he ends up doing legendary **** with another team down the road (or the dolphins), but i just don't see it. he plays more like a 3rd-4th rd pick, not a 1st.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
oh, i'm sure the dolphins will be a blah team even WITH watson, and yes, miami certainly has a reputation for being less-than-stellar on a front office/organizational level for a good 2 decades now. but let's be honest, back in dan marino's day, they were a pretty damn good organization, they were ALWAYS competitive, always one of the better teams in the conference, but unfortunately for them, they just couldn't get past other teams like Buffalo, the Broncos, they would had to have beaten that Dallas dynasty later in his career and that likely wouldn't have happened, etc. Dan's been in retirement for over 20 seasons now, it's like it's not even the same organization anymore, so that's not really an apt comparison, IMO.

certainly, i could be wrong about Tua, and that maybe he's just with the wrong team/system, but i don't think so. by all means, feel free to bump this and point and laugh if he ends up doing legendary **** with another team down the road (or the dolphins), but i just don't see it. he plays more like a 3rd-4th rd pick, not a 1st.
I agree Shula era was different altogether and they had some good teams with Marino. But like you said there were other AFC strongholds throughout that time in Buffalo and Denver and of course on the otherside in the NFC with San Fran, Washington and Dallas putting some solid competition up.

Tua is a good guy, a talented athlete for his size and full of heart but not in my top 15 of NFL starting QBs. I think he could still have a career in the NFL under the right circumstances and I do not think that is in Miami.

I guess I just have a problem with the word BUST ..... as I relate that to Ryan Leaf, D. Russell and Jarvis Jones ........none of which Tua is even remotely close to IMO

But I do understand people using the term because of where certain guys are drafted. Miami did have Justin Herbert still on the board when they took Tua

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Before it is said.

"Tua would look good in Black and Gold" "Tua wasn't used properly in Miami."
They're already trying to reclaim one inaccurate first round pick who was ruined by another organization.

xjx

Reaction score
Tua has never impressed. He has been overhyped since he was in college. Mason Rudolph is a better qb.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Watson could be playing right now. He is only not playing because the Texans are calling him a healthy scratch every week.

exactly. For some reason the media is OK with Watson getting paid. This is the NFL's way to keep Watson out of sight and the media isn't calling them out. When Watson gets traded that has to change particularly after all the fake outrage over Gruden's decade old emails.

When Watson does get traded and they go to breaking news on NFL Network, i hope the first commercial is the NFL "we Can Do Better" commercial about standing up to sexual harrassment that features at least 1 Prez who is credibly accused of sexual assault.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree Shula era was different altogether and they had some good teams with Marino. But like you said there were other AFC strongholds throughout that time in Buffalo and Denver and of course on the otherside in the NFC with San Fran, Washington and Dallas putting some solid competition up.

Tua is a good guy, a talented athlete for his size and full of heart but not in my top 15 of NFL starting QBs. I think he could still have a career in the NFL under the right circumstances and I do not think that is in Miami.

I guess I just have a problem with the word BUST ..... as I relate that to Ryan Leaf, D. Russell and Jarvis Jones ........none of which Tua is even remotely close to IMO

But I do understand people using the term because of where certain guys are drafted. Miami did have Justin Herbert still on the board when they took Tua
That's fair..maybe "bust" isnt a fair term, as I dont think he'll ever fall to the level of failure we saw with guys like Leaf or Russell. But IMO, he damn sure isnt gonna be the phenom that so many flapping heads had him destined to be before he took a single NFL snap

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It worked at Bama and he had a plethora of talent around him. I like the guy being a fellow BAMA supporter but at 6'1" and 217 lbs with the laundry list of major injuries this dude has sustained at an early age I think his NFL career will not be at the same level of success as it was in college. Miami isn't exactly a well oiled machine. The Steelers would provide more tools on OFFENSE but our Oline would still be the issue and I am not sure he would stand up to the pounding. Don't get me wrong he has tons of heart but he is brittle. He may be better than what we currently have at QB but I don't think he is a prototypical QB the Steelers look for. If he is available and Ben is done he could be an option at the right price. I agree there is nothing in next years draft that screams at yaz for the QB position.... Probably better to ride Rudolph or Haskins for a year than draft a reach project just because. Better to lure a veteran QB if we feel the DEF is still there .......but it sure has been reeling this year and tackling is just sad. Hoping Karl Joseph can teach someone how to light up a player in practice drills.
Agreed. I been looking on the interweb...

Apparently Jalen Hurts may not be safe either. I prefer Jalen over Tua (in the NFL) especially in today's NFL...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Tua has never impressed. He has been overhyped since he was in college. Mason Rudolph is a better qb.
I respect you and Omar's opinion about Tua - I really do.

But to think Rudy is better than Tua - THAT, my friend, is HYSTERICAL!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That's fair..maybe "bust" isnt a fair term, as I dont think he'll ever fall to the level of failure we saw with guys like Leaf or Russell. But IMO, he damn sure isnt gonna be the phenom that so many flapping heads had him destined to be before he took a single NFL snap
Question...Drew Brees was just "another guy" in San Diego, true or false?

Once Drew got w/ "The Mastermind" - his game play was waaaaay better than when he played for Marty...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Once Drew got w/ "The Mastermind" - his game play was waaaaay better than when he played for Marty...
Meh.....I remember Drew seemed to turn the corner in SD but he hurt his shoulder and was a huge risk going forward. NO took the chance with him. Has been a while so my memory could be simply.....wrong.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh.....I remember Drew seemed to turn the corner in SD but he hurt his shoulder and was a huge risk going forward. NO took the chance with him. Has been a while so my memory could be simply.....wrong.
I think the point Berm was trying to make was that even Drew Brees could be considered just an average QB for his time in San Diego ....
Not until he paired up with Sean Payton did he excell into the superstar status..

Tua in Miami .......... meh
Tua in the hands of say an upcoming brilliant minded coach and a scheme to match his strengths........ you may have something there

But yes your memory is not too bad ........ Marty vs GM in San Diego Flip Rivers waiting in the wings Drew ended rookie contract year injured badly
Dr. James Andrews saying Drew's injury was the worst he has ever seen in a throwing athlete ..... put in an unheard of 11 surgical anchors
Miami and New Orleans had to make a decision but did not offer big bucks because of the risk
Miami signed another QB coming off injury ......Daunte Culpepper
Drew signed by NO

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score

Thats false, go back and watch some of his games in San Diego. It was clear from the get-go that Drew had "it", and that the players on that team bought intothe idea of him as their field general

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Agree Paul, and it will be more years than the money paid is worth. Lamar Jackson will be that same episode to the Ravens soon.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How does Miami even think Watson will be available this season or even possibly 1/2 (or more) of next season. If he gets JAILED it's wasted effort / trade / moneies.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats false, go back and watch some of his games in San Diego. It was clear from the get-go that Drew had "it", and that the players on that team bought intothe idea of him as their field general
Love Drew Brees personally .... only played one game 1st season , year 2 & 3 nothing special , year 4 & 5 drastically improved.
When he went to NO almost everything about his game improved and sustained that way throughout his tenure.

Don't think Berm is slighting Drew Brees ..... just saying in the right environment a player can catapult to another level

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

Bama fans owe a lot to Brees. Saban was coaching the Dolphins and wanted a free agent QB. He chose Daunte Culpepper over Brees because he was wary of a shoulder injury Brees had the year before. If Saban had chose Brees, maybe he never winds up at Bama.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
How does Miami even think Watson will be available this season or even possibly 1/2 (or more) of next season. If he gets JAILED it's wasted effort / trade / moneies.

Salute the nation
Some systems just operate differently.
If Watson is convicted of criminal activity ....should he not face the same consequences as any other citizen.

How do you explain an average Joe going to work to support his family as opposed to someone that hides behind blocked phone numbers while trying to scam elderly folks out of their hard earned savings.

Some just don't have the same scruples