• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We go back to KC

FordFairLane

Reaction score
The only way this team is going to play well and win is if the offensive line creates holes for Harris and gives Ben 2.5 seconds (a full second plus what they currently do) to throw the ball. Then the defensive line needs to clog the middle. Heyward has been phenomenal, Adams has had his moments, and Loudermilk has started to come along. But Adams and Loudermilk need to play out of their heads. Eat up blocks at the very least and get penetration to allow Watt and Highsmith to get pressure and vs the run they need to stack and shed getting their hands on the back before they hit the LOS.

If we can do that we have a chance. But I’d say the odds of both units coming together in the playoffs are nil to none.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Side note...if you ever find yourself in a hole on the beach and the tide is coming in, the best thing to do is to stop digging.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Win again? To the same KC team who slaughtered us 2 weeks ago? We might be in the same league as the Browns and the Ravens, but I have no doubt that we'd lose rather convincingly even to KC's practice squad.
"Win again" meaning win in spite of Canada. Ben has led us to comeback victories late in games after 3 quarters of **** playing calling from Canada. We get the same from Canada week in and week out.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great article in the PG by Starkey. Here's a snippet. Go read the entire thing.

"Just before that, as the clock ticked down — each second striking Steelers fans like a dagger — the entire football world wondered if the Raiders would capitulate and play for a tie that would have sent them and the Chargers to the playoffs.

“Nonononono not like this,” Claypool tweeted.

When Raiders coach Rich Bisaccia took the risk of kicking with two seconds left, perhaps to avoid a trip to Kansas City, and Carlson came through, all of Steelers Nation rejoiced.

This was, according to @StatsByStats, the first time in NFL history that the final playoff berth was not determined until time expired in overtime in the last game of the regular season. That’s all.

So please don’t tell me, after witnessing what we witnessed, that the Steelers have no chance at Arrowhead Stadium, where the Chiefs have been installed as 13½-point favorites."

str8liner

Reaction score
This is true, but how many 3rd and FOREVERS did we give up in those days? It's always a balancing act, for a long time teams didn't even bother running on us, they'd just kill us with 6 yard dump passes over the middle all game long because the run stoppers we had couldn't get back that deep to stop it.

Joe

Yes you are right.....Brady and Gronk and Welker padded stats every year they played the Steelers due to the middle of the field being vacant. They still have a nack for giving up 3rd and 15s too....:sneaky:

They were the number 1 run defense for years though.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a feelin'...I'm glad we got throttled in the first go around.

Our defense was less than stellar and not a full strength - they have been playing way better ever since...

Coach Canada needs to stay in Pittsburgh and let Ben call the plays the whole game.

Steelers by 3

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
for those that don't give us a chance both the Jags and Lions proved today that any given Sunday anything can happen. Indy was playing for their playoff life and got their *** whopped. We get the chance and that's what's important. Alive to fight another day.
Ahem...I did.

And people threw tomatoes at me LOL

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
ALL MY COMMENTS ARE DONE UNDER DURESS OF WATCHING THE 2021 STEELERS WHILE YELLING AT THE TV AND COMMENTING IN THE MOMENT...BTW, I cannot watch a Steelers game with anyone around me...I'm a complete wreck

So no.......Don't you EVER go quoting anything I say...I was probably super pissed when I said it....
Well if it helps to put in perspective. All those players in the b&g make good salaries and receive top notch healthcare and are fed well.

So win or lose they’ll be fine. Sounds like ya got a lot more going on than just a football game affecting you.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I got a feelin'...I'm glad we got throttled in the first go around.

Our defense was less than stellar and not a full strength - they have been playing way better ever since...

Coach Canada needs to stay in Pittsburgh and let Ben call the plays the whole game.

Steelers by 3
Problem is KC was not full strength either and some of our "full strength" guys are worse than the backups. I do think we will do better and certainly anything can happen. I think our best chance is scoring first and really putting heavy pressure on them. 6 points for over 3.5 quarters will not cut it.

livingthrudying

Reaction score
Steve, you have been as down on the Steelers as much as a friggin troll for at least the past 5-6 weeks. Don't come at me with this WTF bullshit. Get the hell out of here. Putz
WOW people like you are why i left the last board i was a member of. Everyone has different thoughts but we all love the steelers. Some of us a re glass half full, some are glass half empty. We all love the steelers at the end of the day. Its why we are suppose to be on here talking about our team. Being a jerk like this is just stupid and goes along with what's wrong with this world and this country. People that take the stance that if you don't think just like me or agree with my thoughts then im going to degrade you, curse you, treat you like your not a human being.

SAD JUST REALLY REALLY SAD!

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
WOW people like you are why i left the last board i was a member of. Everyone has different thoughts but we all love the steelers. Some of us a re glass half full, some are glass half empty. We all love the steelers at the end of the day. Its why we are suppose to be on here talking about our team. Being a jerk like this is just stupid and goes along with what's wrong with this world and this country. People that take the stance that if you don't think just like me or agree with my thoughts then im going to degrade you, curse you, treat you like your not a human being.

well leave this one

JMM said nothing wrong. Hell he was accurate in his posts. Don't like posts like his then you won't fit in here

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Spot on....
Advice. Control what you can that actually impacts you.
Sports are entertainment and the outcome is out of our control. We all want our team to win but you cannot let it affect those around you. There is always next week, next season.

When you fall into other factors that threaten relationships with friends, family, finances actual priorities then focus on that

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I read elsewhere that Ben has never lost twice in one season in the same road venue. We already lost once in KC, so.....you're telling me there's a chance.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

You haven't been a member long enough to comment on an ebeef. There is some nice parting gifts for you at the door (bag of gummy dicks and hand sanitizer).

Last edited:

SteveA

Reaction score
well leave this one

JMM said nothing wrong. Hell he was accurate in his posts. Don't like posts like his then you won't fit in here
Hey Coolie...Me and JMM made good yesterday and you kept it going by commenting after we both were cool...Please let it go

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Hey Coolie...Me and JMM made good yesterday and you kept it going by commenting after we both were cool...Please let it go
Steve my comment was directed solely to the guy above who pulled one of JMM's posts to ***** about.

Sorry, but the FNG is not going to make dumbass comments on this site without being corrected.

if you want to correct someone, call out the new guy....he brought it back up

SteveA

Reaction score
Steve my comment was directed solely to the guy above who pulled one of JMM's posts to ***** about.

Sorry, but the FNG is not going to make dumbass comments on this site without being corrected.

if you want to correct someone, call out the new guy....he brought it back up
Well...My reaction started all this ****...I could've let it go and didn't...And as MTC said something else in life is bothering me, big time...Need to deal with that......Apologies to all

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Well...My reaction started all this ****...I could've let it go and didn't...And as MTC said something else in life is bothering me, big time...Need to deal with that......Apologies to all
none really necessary

typical board drama

hope it all works out for you

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

Don't exaggerate, try to understand how things roll before making assumptions; welcome to the greatest board on the net