• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We l9st in the playoffs to Tim Tebow

6Rings

Reaction score
The man retired with having his all-time greatest game against the Steelers. It just really hit me sitting in the bed....

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I was at the Tebow game. On the way in the fans were already congratulating us on the win. Playing down to lesser teams is beyond comprehension.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I was at the Tebow game. On the way in the fans were already congratulating us on the win. Playing down to lesser teams is beyond comprehension.
That was like this season before the Bills game, I was talking with a Bills fan about the game, he was worried about our defense and I said just wait until we try to cover Diggs with our ILB. He said what, no team has tried to cover Diggs with their LB's, I said we will. He was dumbfounded after the game.

skline00

Reaction score
Haha...it's funny how certain losses stick with you. I still do not think I am completely over the loss to the Chargers in the '94 AFCC.
How about this past season? It's like a tale of two cities. First 11 games we couldn't lose and last 6 we fell apart even though we eked out a win.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

True but seems to be a Tomlin staple.

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score
How about this past season? It's like a tale of two cities. First 11 games we couldn't lose and last 6 we fell apart even though we eked out a win.
Nah...this past season doesn't remotely compare to that, at least to me. That was 27 years ago. I was a heck of a lot younger, married with a little one, struggling to pay bills, rough job...the Steelers were 3 hours on a Sunday I looked forward to and get lost in for a few hours. Because of that, it was so much more important than it is today. They aggravate me too much today, I grab the fishing pole and go. Or go shooting or something.

diver

Reaction score
The absolute worst thing about the Tebow game is he completed only 10 passes, 10 ******* passes for 331 yards.
Their ******** got all puckered up worrying about Tebow running around is what I think happened.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Zero coverage with everyone in the box. Brilliant game planning, not.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm convinced the Rooneys resigned Ben to protect Tomlin.

Watched that show on Netflix, "Last Chance U." The coach of the junior college team in Kansas - the guy featured in the show - is beyond horrible. Blames everybody else for his mistakes, talks a good game but outright admits he does not rely on coaching abilities. "It's not the coach, it's the players." Team is never prepared. Team is disorganized and undisciplined. The coach does indescribably stupid things during games like throwing the ball up by 13 and with the ball on opponent's 30 yard line following fumble recovery. Result of course is an interception that turns the pending rout into a nailbiter. Assistant coaches do the majority of the playcalling. Players tell him what should be done, like a punter telling the guy when the team is leading by six and is punting from the 1/2 yard line, "We can take a safety and punt from the 20." Guy is confused about that for a while, and only after the punter is in formation on the field does he say, "Yeah, do it." Yah think??

If the guy was black, I could have been convinced I was watching Mike Tomlin.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The absolute worst thing about the Tebow game is he completed only 10 passes, 10 ******* passes for 331 yards.
Almost like taking a dive. I mean who the **** legitimately gives up 10 passes total for 331 yards in an NFL game? That was the start of our big decline into mediocrity. Lose to inferior teams like it was routine. Not only lose,but look like totally unprepared never played pro football before ***.

And here we are many years later doing the same ****. Go 11-0, then from the Washington game on it was a dumpster fire.

They need a new script. This one sucks.

I'd rather run teams over and beat the **** out of them defensively and lose. Then lose looking like unemotional unprepared ****.

Beating people up is at least enjoyable to watch.

I long for the days of American football prior to this bullshit era.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score

And on the way out they were huge cunts.

I was there also. It was my first Steeler game, I got us tickets 9 rows up on the 50 yard line behind the Steelers bench. It still crushes me to think about, so I just remember it as, "I was there for Ward's last game as a Steeler".

Steelers1356

Reaction score
Ryan Clark didn't play in that game due to his medical condition, correct?

As I remember, the Denver coaching staff really took advantage of that.
Correct. And you can thank the NFL's screwed up playoff seeding rules which forced a 12-4 team to play on the road against an 8-8 team at its mile high home stadium.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
to this day, I cannot believe we lost that 94 Chargers game. I hate rap videos before and even more afterwards. Alfred Pupunu? Stan Humpfries?

The Tebow game. It was such a huge upset I truly thought Tomlin was going to get canned.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
to this day, I cannot believe we lost that 94 Chargers game. I hate rap videos before and even more afterwards. Alfred Pupunu? Stan Humpfries?

The Tebow game. It was such a huge upset I truly thought Tomlin was going to get canned.

I lived in San Diego at the time of the 94 game. It was the last time I talked smack.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Watched that show on Netflix, "Last Chance U." The coach of the junior college team in Kansas - the guy featured in the show - is beyond horrible. Blames everybody else for his mistakes, talks a good game but outright admits he does not rely on coaching abilities. "It's not the coach, it's the players." Team is never prepared. Team is disorganized and undisciplined. The coach does indescribably stupid things during games like throwing the ball up by 13 and with the ball on opponent's 30 yard line following fumble recovery. Result of course is an interception that turns the pending rout into a nailbiter. Assistant coaches do the majority of the playcalling. Players tell him what should be done, like a punter telling the guy when the team is leading by six and is punting from the 1/2 yard line, "We can take a safety and punt from the 20." Guy is confused about that for a while, and only after the punter is in formation on the field does he say, "Yeah, do it." Yah think??

If the guy was black, I could have been convinced I was watching Mike Tomlin.
May have to check that out! But sounds like I've already seen 10+ seasons of it.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Haha...it's funny how certain losses stick with you. I still do not think I am completely over the loss to the Chargers in the '94 AFCC.

I could live with the Chargers loss knowing the Steelers probably would have been killed by the 49ers.

That was in the middle of the era when the AFC's only purpose was to serve up a sacrificial lamb for the NFC to slaughter in front of the country.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Ryan Clark didn't play in that game due to his medical condition, correct?

As I remember, the Denver coaching staff really took advantage of that.
Not to Mention no Mendenhall, Ben on High Ankle Sprain and 3 lineman going down with ACL tears

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I could live with the Chargers loss knowing the Steelers probably would have been killed by the 49ers.

That was in the middle of the era when the AFC's only purpose was to serve up a sacrificial lamb for the NFC to slaughter in front of the country.
I still believe Steelers Defense would have kept us in that game