• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We l9st in the playoffs to Tim Tebow

bigben

Reaction score
The Browns game was a disgrace but honestly take away some lucky turnovers this team wasn't even playoff caliber.
They had the best defensive player in the game T.J. Watt making up for some glaring holes on defense with an unsustainable positive turnover ratio.
Then you had Ben the statue trying to dink and dunk like he's Tom Brady. Unfortunately the second rate WR on this team never learned how to catch, and
Add this to a moronic coaching staff, an overrated O-Line blocking for the weakest Running back group in the league.
The once great Steelers organization have sold out. Sold out the talent to save money, sold out the fans by worrying more about the perception and politics that have taken over the NFL. Tomlin could lose every game and they still wouldn't fire him due to the optics.
With all the talent Ben's had in Pittsburgh he would have more superbowl rings than Brady if Bellichick was his coach instead of Tomlin.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Browns game was a disgrace but honestly take away some lucky turnovers this team wasn't even playoff caliber.
They had the best defensive player in the game T.J. Watt making up for some glaring holes on defense with an unsustainable positive turnover ratio.
Then you had Ben the statue trying to dink and dunk like he's Tom Brady. Unfortunately the second rate WR on this team never learned how to catch, and
Add this to a moronic coaching staff, an overrated O-Line blocking for the weakest Running back group in the league.
The once great Steelers organization have sold out. Sold out the talent to save money, sold out the fans by worrying more about the perception and politics that have taken over the NFL. Tomlin could lose every game and they still wouldn't fire him due to the optics.
With all the talent Ben's had in Pittsburgh he would have more superbowl rings than Brady if Bellichick and ERNIE was his coach instead of Tomlin.

gottA have all the characters in the script...........................

Salute the nation

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I use to watch that show all the time
It was a good show, or at least I liked it. I didn't realize until the other day when I looked it up that it was only on for two seasons, 1994 & 1995, I believe.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Browns had one of the worst rushing defenses at the time also, IIRC
That's just what they'll be expecting. Therefore we will pass in horrible weather.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd say over confident, we were up by 10 points with like 10 minutes left in the 3rd. We couldn't run on them, they shut our running game down so we couldn't kill clock. I know everyone looks at the spread for that game and says how big of an upset it was, but the Chargers were alot better than anyone seems to remember. They played a tougher schedule in a much better division than us, and they had the #5 ranked offense and #9 ranked defense (5th vs the rush), we had he #2 ranked D, but #16 ranked offense. Two 43 yard TD passes in the second half was their offense.
Yeah, gotta say Eric Green leading the team on a rap video about Super Bowl says different

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, gotta say Eric Green leading the team on a rap video about Super Bowl says different
Was it Eric Green or Buckner, either way I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, just saying I don't think they showed up over confident though, they controlled they lead the entire game until about 6 mins left.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
It was a good show, or at least I liked it. I didn't realize until the other day when I looked it up that it was only on for two seasons, 1994 & 1995, I believe.
wasn't the host a Browns fan too?

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
wasn't the host a Browns fan too?
I’m not sure about that, but I always thought Vince seemed like a cool guy. I haven’t heard much about him in a long time.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I half contest your last sentence, Yes there are a lot of "average" fans in that degree but MOST fans that have a little football knowledge know it's the ownership and have come to accept the fact that the HC isn't going anywhere.

Salute the nation
My only contention with bringing Ben back is that it continues the status quo. They win 8-10 game sand go nowhere in the playoffs and its another year away from being where they need to be with a new coach and a young QB. So I'm lumping people who wanted Ben back into that category. Fair or unfair its the way I see it. Its the joy and false hope of watching Ben play another season over the long term gain of the franchise by exposing the coach getting rid of Tomlin FINALLY.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My only contention with bringing Ben back is that it continues the status quo. They win 8-10 game sand go nowhere in the playoffs and its another year away from being where they need to be with a new coach and a young QB. So I'm lumping people who wanted Ben back into that category. Fair or unfair its the way I see it. Its the joy and false hope of watching Ben play another season over the long term gain of the franchise by exposing the coach getting rid of Tomlin FINALLY.

Ultimately you are right that by signing BEN will extend SBWHCMVLT. It has been that way Ben's entire career. MOST all here realize this fact and also know it's a crap shoot regarless of direction one takes. With the new OC and personal you may get on a roll and make a little noise but make no mistake BEN gives us that best chance. Flip the coin and you might get a Mason / Duwane that makes the noise who knows but ultimately Tomlin's time here would be extended.

Roethlisberger is here for at least this up coming season and I'm hoping he will be the best he can be along with any other member of the teaM / staff. I also know that unless there is change higher up the ladder that not much will change overall. We are stuck with the HC and have no power as to changing of him.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think tying Tomlin to Ben's exit might just be wishful thinking. Rudolph would have to bomb and who knows maybe next year an upgrade over Rudy is brought in. For me I am going to enjoy our HOF QB for however long it lasts. Which looks like it is for one season not like that is a crazy amount of time. Just an opinion from the most diehard Steeler fanatic in the history of sports!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think as long as the team wins more than 8 games they will keep signing Tomlin to contracts. And the people who don't REALLY watch the games will say they should. To me if you have been watching the last 4-5 years you would have to be an absolute moron to keep bringing Tomlin back.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think as long as the team wins more than 8 games they will keep signing Tomlin to contracts. And the people who don't REALLY watch the games will say they should. To me if you have been watching the last 4-5 years you would have to be an absolute moron to keep bringing Tomlin back.
Different fans have different wants. Some are glad just to have winning records, some are glad that he was a Rooney rule hire. I hate to box fans into a negative. I take it is just their preference, sobeit. My preference is to win championships but it seems the current Rooney in charge is content with things just as they are. As their actions speak louder than words. I never been a participation trophy type of guy.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Different fans have different wants. Some are glad just to have winning records, some are glad that he was a Rooney rule hire. I hate to box fans into a negative. I take it is just their preference, sobeit. My preference is to win championships but it seems the current Rooney in charge is content with things just as they are. As their actions speak louder than words. I never been a participation trophy type of guy.

The current owner, Art Rooney II, is 68 years old. Yes, that is old, but he was just 20 when the Steelers started their winning ways. Unlike his grandfather and his father, who suffered through decades of miserable teams, he has spent the vast majority of his life watching very, very good teams, beginning in1972. Going 10-6 or 9-7 and being "in the mix" while he makes millions of dollars is a-okay to him.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I just cannot for the life of me understand how someone goes. Oh yeah this is gonna turn out differently. Even when they were 11-0 you could really see the warts. And he was talking the usual mumbo jumbo bullshit about style points and getting out of stadiums. And I was like this ************ is doing nothing to fix these problems. And sure as **** I was right.