• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We l9st in the playoffs to Tim Tebow

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
No you didn't.
In hindsight I realize that was stupid thinking, but we were so unprepared for that game., at the time I didnt think he would be back

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Foster was a load. Sanders would have been blown from the (our) 20 to the other 20 and and still be knocked the **** out.

Salute the nation

Steelmann

Reaction score
The absolute worst thing about the Tebow game is he completed only 10 passes, 10 ******* passes for 331 yards.
I was embarrassed that day to be a steeers fan. I always had a bad rumblings about dear Mikey before that game. But that game put me over the top. I actually would have fired him after that game, and said so then. And ever since I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but really, what has changed in all the years gone by. It’s been the same old.

The coaching staff of that day put in a ******* horrible game plan in motion and stuck with it no matter what. Including our HOF DC Dick. The adjustments during half time were just spectacular. I still get pissed thinking about this game.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Lowest, most humiliating moment of my Steeler fandom. Dude was a laughingstock of the league who couldn't do **** against anybody. We turned him into Johhny ******' Unitas on the biggest stage possible. Then he's out of the league immediately afterwards. All these years later, any time we lose to a ****** QB or ****** team I still refer to it as getting Tebowed.

Last edited:

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Ryan Clark didn't play in that game due to his medical condition, correct?

As I remember, the Denver coaching staff really took advantage of that.
We didn’t lose that game because Ryan Clark didn’t play. We lost the game because Tomlin having us underprepared once again against a lesser opponent.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I still believe Steelers Defense would have kept us in that game

I just remember the Chargers being something like three TD underdogs in that Super Bowl, and they barely covered the betting line.

The 1994 49ers team might have been the best team of the 1990s. They were equally great on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers would have given them a better game than the Chargers due to having the superior defense, but I still think they would have had a tough time staying within 10 points.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I still believe Steelers Defense would have kept us in that game
Me too. I still think that we would have won. The chargers (or chockers as they were called in SD) were cannon fodder.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Since we are talking about games we lost that we will never forget then the playoff lost to the Jaguars has to be up there for sure.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Since we are talking about games we lost that we will never forget then the playoff lost to the Jaguars has to be up there for sure.
Why do I think that a "playoff games Tomlin choked away" thread, would be longer than a Dri Archer thread.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Keisel and Hampton left with injuries in the first half. That marked the end of us getting pressure on Tebow for the rest of the game.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Also if you watched Tebow that entire year, as I did. This game wouldn't have hit you as a surprise. It's how their D kept them in games all year so Tebow could make a late play to win it for them.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I called into Calling All Sports with Vince Cellini before the '94 game. I have no idea what I said, but Yancey Thigpen was the guest on the show. A friend I grew up with was watching the show, got my number from information and gave me a call afterwards and asked if I was just on Calling All Sports, which was kinda wild. Apparently, I'm a bit of a hick and he recognized my voice.

That was a tough loss.

Frosty

Reaction score
Also if you watched Tebow that entire year, as I did. This game wouldn't have hit you as a surprise. It's how their D kept them in games all year so Tebow could make a late play to win it for them.
I still don't know why Denver was so quick to give up on him. Didn't they move up to take Tebow? Maybe he didn't have classic mechanics, but he had intangibles and won. I could see them going after Manning, but who better for Tebow to learn from? Elway hasn't exactly had a HOF career as a GM.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Keisel and Hampton left with injuries in the first half. That marked the end of us getting pressure on Tebow for the rest of the game.
And LeBeau's defense playing 10 yards off receivers gave them plenty of time and room to get open when there's no pressure on the QB.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I still don't know why Denver was so quick to give up on him. Didn't they move up to take Tebow? Maybe he didn't have classic mechanics, but he had intangibles and won. I could see them going after Manning, but who better for Tebow to learn from? Elway hasn't exactly had a HOF career as a GM.
Manning was no doubt better but came with a much shorter shelf life. I think the team was afraid of all the Libs in Denver not liking the praying on the field.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I think I called into Calling All Sports with Vince Cellini before the '94 game. I have no idea what I said, but Yancey Thigpen was the guest on the show. A friend I grew up with was watching the show, got my number from information and gave me a call afterwards and asked if I was just on Calling All Sports, which was kinda wild. Apparently, I'm a bit of a hick and he recognized my voice.

That was a tough loss.
I use to watch that show all the time

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

His good person persona, religious beliefs, and abilities drove him out of the league. Did nothing but win. Yes a little unorthidox but still had it in him to win. NO I did not want him as a STEELERS player but he was to "HOT" in a positive way, the exact opposit of what the NFL craves.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
And LeBeau's defense playing 10 yards off receivers gave them plenty of time and room to get open when there's no pressure on the QB.
You mean like LeBeau's defense (cough, cough Tomlins defense) that looked identical in the Cleveland and Jacksonville debacle? Another super conservative called defense by Tomlin, hell look at the
Arizona Super Bowl win, we were Tomlin's wannabe Tampa 2 and Fitz ran a simple quick post and split our safeties for the go ahead TD, part of 14 points our defense gave up in the 4th quarter there.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My memory of that game was the that Steelers showed zero respect to Tim Tebow. They pretty much played goal-line defense the entire game, flat out daring Tebow to throw the ball. And every now and then... he did. For an average of 31 yards a throw.

Then as overtime started... What do ya know... Steelers all lined up in the box AGAIN!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
My memory of that game was the that Steelers showed zero respect to Tim Tebow. They pretty much played goal-line defense the entire game, flat out daring Tebow to throw the ball. And every now and then... he did. For an average of 31 yards a throw.

Then as overtime started... What do ya know... Steelers all lined up in the box AGAIN!
I'm doubtful it was from lack of respect. They're either really stupid or they intended to lose. They do stick to the script no matter what. It was good drama.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AGAIN, piss poor preparation and failure to in game adjust,........... sound familiar?

Salute the nation