• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Well there is at least one more signing - Isaac Seumalo

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
? Are the cutting BigDot ?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Seumalo

OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED

10th

PENALTIES
6T-9th

SACKS ALLOWED
1T-59th

Dotson

OFFENSE
SNAPS PLAYED
1160T-6th

PENALTIES
12T-2nd

SACKS ALLOWED
4T-14th

Herbig
Snaps played
70752nd

PENALTIES
4T-30th

SACKS ALLOWED
1T-59th

Daniels
Snaps played
1160T-6th

PENALTIES
5T-17th

SACKS ALLOWED

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Does Dotson have any trade value? It'd be great to pick up another day 3 selection. Seumalo should be a starter at guard and I would assume Herbig is a backup along the interior...maybe a sixth lineman on running downs?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Does Dotson have any trade value? It'd be great to pick up another day 3 selection. Seumalo should be a starter at guard and I would assume Herbig is a backup along the interior...maybe a sixth lineman on running downs?
Seumalo has played just about everything and the kitchen sink. Totally caught off ..guard by this signing. I take it someone won't be around much longer..

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, if one of the top tackles falls to 17 or if they could second one of the second tier options at 32, this line will look much different next season and that should be a good thing.
Andy has already positively impacted the trenches. And I think we are going to see more. Regardless if it is in free agency and the draft. Have to say since the early disappointment they have flipped script and got me pleasantly surprised.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Man, if one of the top tackles falls to 17 or if they could second one of the second tier options at 32, this line will look much different next season and that should be a good thing.
And by top tackles, I specifically mean B. Jones or D. Jones, the two physical guys at the top of the draft. These are the types of linemen the Steelers should've been pursuing and already had in place when they drafted a power back in the first round.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Seumalo has played just about everything and the kitchen sink. Totally caught off ..guard by this signing. I take it someone won't be around much longer..
A lot of guys played different positions when you consider Cole, Daniels, Seumalo, and Herbig. Will we see some shuffling along the line or will they simply plug Seumalo in at left guard?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow I like the signing, he brings that Polamalu style back to the Steelers, well a big snack kind of polamalu. The guy had a couple of years down due to injuries but when called he answered.

Now there's a clog of starter capable players after the only one id consider a true top starter, Daniels. Also None of the Gs are Center capable either. What's the deal there?

Some thoughts:
1. Maybe the plan is to play Herbig at NT?
2. This puts Torrence and probably Mauch too out of the equation.
3. Having Moore next to a capable and consistent LG starter will help him a lot.
4. Maybe they are targeting a 4th round C? Stromberg probably
5. I think the plan is 1.17 Best CB available, then BPA between OT (the usual suspects), DL (hello Mazi?), S(a falling Branch?) , TE (the georgia monster or Mayer?), WR (ugh, too early) ?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of guys played different positions when you consider Cole, Daniels, Seumalo, and Herbig. Will we see some shuffling along the line or will they simply plug Seumalo in at left guard?
He played right G last year and looked at home right?

How about Herbig Daniels Seumalo?

How does that strike a fancy?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Wow I like the signing, he brings that Polamalu style back to the Steelers, well a big snack kind of polamalu. The guy had a couple of years down due to injuries but when called he answered.

Now there's a clog of starter capable players after the only one id consider a true top starter, Daniels. Also None of the Gs are Center capable either. What's the deal there?

Some thoughts:
3. Having Moore next to a capable and consistent LG starter will help him a lot.
5. I think the plan is 1.17 Best CB available, then BPA between OT (the usual suspects), DL (hello Mazi?), S(a falling Branch?) , TE (the georgia monster or Mayer?), WR (ugh, too early) ?
1. Herbig is certainly big enough, lol.
2. Guard is definitely out of play. I would think center is as well, at least at 17 and 32. It will be tough to pass if one falls to 49 or 80.
3. Tackle should still be in play and Moore's job should not be safe.
4. I don't know if they'll go center, as in #2, maybe if a good one falls.
5. CB or OT still seems like the best bet in terms of talent, or Branch. No way TE and WR is an option, ideally if they trade back a few spots--zero depth at the position and still in need of a starter.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Some thoughts:
They met with Mazi twice. I am beginning to wonder if he isn't at play at 17 then a corner at 31..or flip script.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He played right G last year and looked at home right?

How about Herbig Daniels Seumalo?

How does that strike a fancy?
I've read Daniels was so-so at center. Prior to the Steelers, most of his snaps came at left guard and I actually thought they were going to put him at LG last year next to the young Moore. IIRC, didn't Dotson perform better while playing RG early in his career? Daniels-Cole-Seumalo? I don't think Cole played himself out of a job.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
They met with Mazi twice. I am beginning to wonder if he isn't at play at 17 then a corner at 31..or flip script.
That'd be a heavy investment for a defensive lineman who doesn't offer much in the pass rush department.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I've read Daniels was so-so at center. Prior to the Steelers, most of his snaps came at left guard and I actually thought they were going to put him at LG last year next to the young Moore. IIRC, didn't Dotson perform better while playing RG early in his career? Daniels-Cole-Seumalo? I don't think Cole played himself out of a job.
Damn sure looking more attractive maul-oh. I am sure they have a plan as to who where...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That'd be a heavy investment for a defensive lineman who doesn't offer much in the pass rush department.
True. Perhaps they are eyeing him at 32 or 2B but they definitely like him.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Herbig is certainly big enough, lol.
2. Guard is definitely out of play. I would think center is as well, at least at 17 and 32. It will be tough to pass if one falls to 49 or 80.
3. Tackle should still be in play and Moore's job should not be safe.
4. I don't know if they'll go center, as in #2, maybe if a good one falls.
5. CB or OT still seems like the best bet in terms of talent, or Branch. No way TE and WR is an option, ideally if they trade back a few spots--zero depth at the position and still in need of a starter.
I think a 2 TE set with DJ and Pickens should be very scary for opposing defenses. Then we can worry less about the lack of a slot WR and it would help the run as well as the Goal Line play, which was the weakest part of the offense.

troymania

Reaction score
Tackle-eligible plays are really writing themselves with this group. One of these guards could line up in heavy personnel and due some damage in short yardage.