• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What a ****** ending

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Terrible way for you to go out Ben

Loved watching you play

Hate the the coaching let you down in your final season

You deserved a better send off than this bullshit

**** everyone on the team not named Watt or Heyward or Freiermuth or Najee or Boz

**** them all with a red hot poker

steelreeling

Reaction score

Loved watching you play

**** everyone on the team not named Watt or Heyward or Freiermuth or Najee or Boz

All-Pros on Defense: Fitzpatrick FS, Watt DE and Heyward DE
All-Pros on Offense: Roethlisberger QB, Freiermuth TE, Harris RB, and Boswell K

The coaching staff just found ways to **** this up.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They got tem to third and ten plus a ton and pussed out. They played safe and got burned. The play at the half was inexcusable. Norwood thought they were in 1/4s and they were in cover three. Judging by where the guys were on the other side of the field I tend to think he was right.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
For about a minute, I actually thought we had a chance. Actually, I guess it was more than a minute.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score

Loved watching you play

The coaching staff let him down half his career. This season was a lost cause with a rookie OL that was riddled with injuries.

Bluesteel

Reaction score
They went into that game playing with house money and nothing to lose, because no one expected them there. The O should have come out like they did when the outcome was inevitable and 8 minutes on the clock. Come out sling it and let it be Ben or bust! Instead the same inept garbage of the entire season!

Everyone thought DJ was drafted to be next AB… looks exactly right if AB couldn’t catch or could only get yards after catch about 10% of the time. He’s a WR 2/3 at best.

Claypool is a *****.

Bush is a bust

Coaching staff has lost last 4 CONSECUTIVE playoff games, 1 n done last 3 appearances, with no less than 36 points scored by the opponent in all four and allowed 90 points in last 2!!! If that doesn’t suggest a change is needed, I don’t no what does. This coach n his staff is being left behind by the other staffs in the league.

Last edited:

Gildong Sack

Reaction score

Loved watching you play

Or Fitzpatrick.

mdk2

Reaction score
Ben said the hardest part will be around training camp time. I wonder if there’s any shot he comes back next year.

Juju said him the WRs have been telling Ben one more year. Juju pretty much said in his press conf that next year’s QB will determine if he wants to come back next year.

mdk2

Reaction score
Ben would’ve had 3 or 4.
If Cowher was coaching SB 45. I can see the Steelers winning that one
Cowher wouldn’t have allowed a defense give up 45pts to that Jaguars defense. Just insane to think about. Isn’t Tomlin suppose to be a defensive HC? He specializes in nothing it seems.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Cowher wouldn’t have allowed a defense give up 45pts to that Jaguars defense. Just insane to think about. Isn’t Tomlin suppose to be a defensive HC? He specializes in nothing it seems.
Idk what goes on with the Steelers. It’s obvious the guy isn’t going anywhere. Those are Rooney’s business decisions to make.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The way I see it, Ben went out throwing to a TE who fought with every ounce of himself to drive to the goal-line.

Ben went out trying for one last TD.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The way I see it, Ben went out throwing to a TE who fought with every ounce of himself to drive to the goal-line.

Yep, it came up just short, but it was a completion to a unheralded guy. A guy like the many he helped elevate throughout his career.

As bad as an ending as it was, this has to be a wakeup call to the Steelers that they are light years away from the top teams in the NFL and real changes need to be made if they want to get back there.

Reactions: JMM

Benson Dobbs

Reaction score

I wonder if Art is even aware that we lost last night.

mdk2

Reaction score
I wonder if Art is even aware that we lost last night.
He never goes to the games. I’m surprised he made it to Ben’s final home game. Credit to him, I know he’s busy not running an organization properly.