• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What if…(USC)

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize if this was covered in another thread. Delete/move if necessary. I don’t post much, so I may have missed it.

For those that follow this much more intently than I…what do you think of what Carson Palmer said? I know it’s just chatter, but it’s out there…people are talking about it.

Would any program really even consider trying to “lure” MT away, like 5 or 6 years ago? If there’s a perceived “end in sight” that would obviously be more likely. And for the conspiracy minded person like me :chuncky:, WHAT IF that was the glue that kept certain players sticking around for one more year. Like it was part of the deal…”stay one more year and we’ll go out together”. (Of course Pouncy and DeCastro would counter that argument, but they have their own lives)

One other thing that struck me as out-of-place was recently when MT discussed how much of a Pittsburgher he was. Great words…loved it, and I believe he was truly sincere, but why the need to say it? Think about it…if you’re living in or around the Burgh with no imminent departure, would you feel the need to tout how much of a Pittssburgher you were? Now, if you’re laying the groundwork for your legacy…

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize if this was covered in another thread. Delete/move if necessary. I don’t post much, so I may have missed it.

For those that follow this much more intently than I…what do you think of what Carson Palmer said? I know it’s just chatter, but it’s out there…people are talking about it.

Would any program really even consider trying to “lure” MT away, like 5 or 6 years ago? If there’s a perceived “end in sight” that would obviously be more likely. And for the conspiracy minded person like me :chuncky:, WHAT IF that was the glue that kept certain players sticking around for one more year. Like it was part of the deal…”stay one more year and we’ll go out together”. (Of course Pouncy and DeCastro would counter that argument, but they have their own lives)

One other thing that struck me as out-of-place was recently when MT discussed how much of a Pittsburgher he was. Great words…loved it, and I believe he was truly sincere, but why the need to say it? Think about it…if you’re living in or around the Burgh with no imminent departure, would you feel the need to tout how much of a Pittssburgher you were? Now, if you’re laying the groundwork for your legacy…
Go see Cope's new thread. Your answer is there...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I don’t think Tomlin is going anywhere, realistically. He has job security and a relationship with the Rooney’s. Football aside, you always hear about how good of an organization the Steelers are to work for. Tomlin is set for retirement at this point.

Just to think, why put up with lofty expectations and constant 3 or 4 year turnover when you have more stability up at the pro ranks? Tomlin is dumb in a football sense but is smart in life/values/etc.

Now hypothetically speaking IF it were true. I’d wish the guy luck. For his shortcomings with some talented rosters, the man never represented the Steelers in a bad light. As a coach and the fact the players seem to love him.
And especially in today’s social atmosphere where society just seems divided. The guy never made bad headlines at a personal tone. So with that said. I’m fine with him leaving on his terms.

MB47

Reaction score
Tomlin isn't going anywhere where they hold his feet to the fire for not winning championships or getting into the college football playoffs. His mediocre *** is here for as long as he wants. He knows his limitations

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I know there is another thread about this topic, but even into the future I don't see Tomlin working as a college coach. I don't think he wants to deal with recruiting, the boosters, ADs, etc. It just seems like a terrible fit for him. He loves to coach football and that's what he gets to do at the NFL level.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What if Coolie wasn't an *******?

Two possibilities

1) probably most here wouldn't like him as much

2) he'd be missing over 1/2 his body..............................................

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
When they offer him 15 mil/ yr. he will leave.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
When they offer him 15 mil/ yr. he will leave.
Tomlin flat out said there isn't a blank check large enough to lure him away. Saban gets just under $10 million per year, so no one is paying Tomlin--who would hate recruiting--$15 million.