• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What Rashard Mendenhall Has Been Up To Lately

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I did this to my wife’s mirror. PTSD from football is real. I’ve undergone a lot of treatment... Still, it’s not easy to undo decades of trained violence. <a href="https://t.co/tnvdtMtkav">pic.twitter.com/tnvdtMtkav</a></p>— Rashard Mendenhall (@R_Mendenhall) <a href="https://twitter.com/R_Mendenhall/status/1167221626439528449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PTSD from trained violence? You need a lot more 'treatment', me thinks.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Uh no. Take responsibility for your actions. You have an anger problem.

No ****, right? This guy definitely ain't playing with a full deck.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought he was a zen,yoga type of guy. I don’t even get why you would post something like this for all to see.
His yoga / zen is failing him. Anyways doesn't he know the broken mirror will now bring him 7 years bad luck? He really dropped the ball this time.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Shell shocked from football?

Yeah this idiot needs to go into a VFW or VA Hospital and see what shell-shocked really looks like.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I believe there is a CTE problem in the NFL. Retard doesn't seem like an obvious candidate for it, but in six seasons a starting RB will get a lot of head trauma. He might have CTE, but seems like he came out of the gate as an *******.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure why we're piling on a former Steeler like this. The dude obviously has issues, hope he can get them resolved and get on with his life.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure why we're piling on a former Steeler like this. The dude obviously has issues, hope he can get them resolved and get on with his life.

I was kidding around but very much wish this for him..........

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

If you yourself or have someone close to you suffer from PTSD, you'll understand that you can't get it from football. PTSD is a very real and scary disorder that is caused by terrifying/life-threatening events and some that are repeatedly happening to the person e.g. war. Gotta run but I'll try to explain my calling him a douche later.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

Rashard Mendenhall

@R_Mendenhall
Alright, I’ll end the mystery... B’s racist and @AB84’s black. He had to catch balls from a racist quarterback. Every honest player knows it, it’s not a big deal. He was just supposed to take his lickings and move on, like a slave for real. https://twitter.com/russ_reid/status/1116252374878830592

Maybe this has something to do with it....
He later recants.... whatever

AB could have called him out for fumbling away the biggest game of the season but he didn't have an instagram account back then

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Retard is a moron. He said PTSD but he meant CTE. Brain damage, not psychological trauma.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I get it, I remember what a wierdo he was, and evidently still is. And sure, he completely whiffed using the term PTSD. But still don't see any good reason to mock a guy who clearly has psychological issues, who may in fact be a danger to himself and those around him. But I'll get off my high horse...sorry, not sure why I reacted like this. Just hope nothing bad happens to the guy or his family and he can get some help.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I get it, I remember what a wierdo he was, and evidently still is. And sure, he completely whiffed using the term PTSD. But still don't see any good reason to mock a guy who clearly has psychological issues, who may in fact be a danger to himself and those around him.

Okay Tibs, I'll try to articulate as best I can my thoughts on this and why I think he's a douche. First of all, it seems like he's portraying himself as some terrible victim by saying "decades of trained violence". Did he not have a choice? Why the shot at organized sports like football?

And secondly, if he's gotten serious, ongoing therapy for this he would have never said PTSD. If he does indeed have CTE, then I do hope he gets any type of help/relief possible. But this seemed a little bit more like shady stunt aimed at the big bad executives in their suites than anything.

If I'm wrong and he really is suffering, I truly hope he gets the help he needs. Breaking a glass mirror in anger and exclaiming decades of trained violence causing PTSD made him do it, he's going about things the wrong way again -- per usual with him.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Okay Tibs, I'll try to articulate as best I can my thoughts on this and why I think he's a douche. First of all, it seems like he's portraying himself as some terrible victim by saying "decades of trained violence". Did he not have a choice? Why the shot at organized sports like football?

And secondly, if he's gotten serious, ongoing therapy for this he would have never said PTSD If he does indeed have CTE, then I do hope he gets any type of help/relief possible. But this seemed a little bit more like shady stunt aimed at the big bad executives in their suites than anything.

If I'm wrong and he really is suffering, I truly hope he gets the help he needs. Breaking a glass mirror in anger and exclaiming decades of trained violence causing PTSD made him do it, he's going about things the wrong way again -- per usual with him.

Very good point. Dude's a drama queen.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
The guy is a America hating dipshit. **** him and his broken mirror.