• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the ****

6Lombardis

Reaction score
I'm not sure Ben can play a different scheme. Look, this staff sucks, but I still maintain that it looks the way it does on offense because of the limits of the QB. The game has changed, the Steelers and Ben hae not, or cannot.

Numbers wise, he had a fine year. I do wonder if, with an offseason of being able to strengthen, not just rehab, if he could get back better. But father time gets us all.

What’s changed is he can no longer through grit and brawn cover for a line that is not really good.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Here's a WTF stat for everyone

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The 10 Steelers seasons prior to Ben taking over as starter (1994-03) were clearly better than the last ten seasons with Ben (2011-20)<br><br>1994-03: 6 div titles, 7 playoff wins, 4 AFC title games, 1 SB trip. <br><br>2011-20 4 div titles, 3 playoff wins, 1 AFC title game, 0 SB trips <a href="https://t.co/bQqqkAa7DG">https://t.co/bQqqkAa7DG</a></p>— Paul Zeise (@PaulZeise) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulZeise/status/1348546702349889538?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Misleading. Two of the greatest QBs to ever play the game were in the AFC directly competing with Ben in that second decade. People just throw out stats. Without Brady and Manning in the picture there could have been more for the Steelers.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Another stat is the Steelers have 3 playoff wins in the past 10 years, including 2 TERRIBLY played/coached/disciplined games in their last 2 losses in the playoffs to the jags and stains... cant blame the p*ts for that...yes they've got 4 division titles but is that the goal? All with high end talent...that falls on coaching

Last edited:

mdk2

Reaction score
Misleading. Two of the greatest QBs to ever play the game were in the AFC directly competing with Ben in that second decade. People just throw out stats. Without Brady and Manning in the picture there could have been more for the Steelers.

Manning won 2 SBs.. he wasn't dominate in the playoffs. Other teams beat Patriots in the playoff, we never did. That's a bullshit excuse.

stevielee

Reaction score
They should change their fight song from Renegade to the theme from Benny Hill and then show clips of linebackers covering wide receivers on the big screen. Should be plenty of material there.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin’s deer in headlights look with his big words and sayings slammed on the jumbo screen in black and white!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

How's it misleading? We only played those guys in two of those playoff games and one of them was against a washed up Peyton Manning.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Maybe just step away regroup and come back fresh. Right now you are feeling the same frustration many of us are. We allowed ourselves to expect more after the great start and now it is over and we don't even know what to expect moving forward. I am there with you all, very dissappointed. Hell my Doberman can tell I am down. She has been extra clingy. She knows me like a book. It is like a tug of war of emotions. Anger, dissappointment,etc. We just have to see what happens. Get your mind off it, mix up your time. Do something different until you have softened on everything.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm always like this after a big loss. After a couple days I improve. That said I expect Tomlin back next year. But renew his contract? I'm just saying I will need to become a much more casual fan and care a whole lot less. I mean Jesus. What is the expectation here. What is the standard. Does Tomlin have compromising info on the Rodney's?

mdk2

Reaction score
I'm always like this after a big loss. After a couple days I improve. That said I expect Tomlin back next year. But renew his contract? I'm just saying I will need to become a much more casual fan and care a whole lot less. I mean Jesus. What is the expectation here. What is the standard. Does Tomlin have compromising info on the Rodney's?

Takes me a couple weeks usually to get over these losses especially when you know Ben only has so much time left. Just wasted opportunities.. definitely stings. Worst part is not having the game to look forward to on the weekend, sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Elway was pretty good in the late 90s.

Tom Brady had already won two Super Bowl MVP awards before Ben even joined the league. Manning played 6 seasons from 1998-2003, and only 3 full seasons from 2012-15 after missing 2011 with neck surgery.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Renew his contract? I would be pissed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

I said the last time that they shouldn't have given him an extension the last time unless he got to a Super Bowl.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I remember so many people wanting Ken Whisenhunt to take over for Cowher (Me included), some others hoping for Russ Grim. How did that work out when they left Pittsburgh?

If we're talking about blowing up the ship and firing MT, Who are we bringing in to replace him and right this new ship? Pederson is intriguing, an offensive mindset and a damn good coach. He was neutered by Jeff Lurie not giving him decision making capabilities. I love Lincoln Riley, but it's likely he's going to the Eagles now.

Any thoughts?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember so many people wanting Ken Whisenhunt to take over for Cowher (Me included), some others hoping for Russ Grim. How did that work out when they left Pittsburgh?

If we're talking about blowing up the ship and firing MT, Who are we bringing in to replace him and right this new ship? Pederson is intriguing, an offensive mindset and a damn good coach. He was neutered by Jeff Lurie not giving him decision making capabilities. I love Lincoln Riley, but it's likely he's going to the Eagles now.

Any thoughts?

I highly doubt they bring in an established head coach. I'm thinking someone very green and a coordinator or lower. Some have mentioned Bienemy from Kansas City but he is already more than likely taken.

The Steelers will not let Tomlin go this year as I BELIEVE HE HAS ONE MORE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT (sorry for caps). The STEELERS will let his contract expire and he will walk away to his new kitchen to make popcorn, explicabley buttered popcorn.!!!

Salute the nation

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score

If we're talking about blowing up the ship and firing MT, Who are we bringing in to replace him and right this new ship? Pederson is intriguing, an offensive mindset and a damn good coach. He was neutered by Jeff Lurie not giving him decision making capabilities. I love Lincoln Riley, but it's likely he's going who

Most did not know who Mike Tomlin, or Bill Cowher, a Sean Payton, or Sean McVay was when they were hired. The Steelers MO is hiring talented young assistant coaches that the general public hasnt heard of.

Tomlin has 3 playoff wins in the last 10 years and 2 UGLY losses to the jags and stains the last two playoff games in which his team looked totally unprepared

Last edited:

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
regular posters can vent all they want. notice I didn't say **** about omar's post...

new guys who just ******* joined don't get any leeway when every single post has been negative

Well ok, Zuckerburg

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
In my book this supplants the 1994 loss to the Chargers as the worst playoff loss.

1. 2021 Browns.
2. 1994 Chargers
3. 2012 Broncos.

Most points allowed in one quarter of a playoff game.
Only team to allow 45 points or more in two consecutive playoff games.

Switch #s 1 and 2 around. I lived in San Diego at the time. It was awful.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
I think we all should realize this team is getting old. The coaches have not kept of their side and come up with games plans for this fact.. We lack any thought of leadership. It has been evident long before this year with the continued down play in December and January. Time the organization sees new blood is needed, Trouble is Tomlin will stay.

str8liner

Reaction score

If we're talking about blowing up the ship and firing MT, Who are we bringing in to replace him and right this new ship? Pederson is intriguing, an offensive mindset and a damn good coach. He was neutered by Jeff Lurie not giving him decision making capabilities. I love Lincoln Riley, but it's likely he's going who

Most did not know who Mike Tomlin, or Bill Cowher, a Sean Payton, or Sean McVay was when they were hired. The Steelers MO is hiring talented young assistant coaches that the general public hasnt heard of.

Tomlin has 3 playoff wins in the last 10 years and 2 UGLY losses to the jags and stains the last two playoff games in which his team looked totally unprepared

At this point I don't care who they bring in and what changes they make under Tomlin.....That ship has sailed with me. I wont look forward to any seasons or trust anything this team does with him at the helm anymore. I really haven't for 10+ years to be honest. You just don't see BS that goes on with this team happening for the most part on other teams. The BS with JuJu AFTER all the BS the last few years... Cant run the %*^#ing ball.....Cant catch the *@#^$ing ball. Cant kick *&^$ing field goals....The punting and special teams #%*ing suck....Every *%#&ing year there WILL be a significant injury that derails the whole *%#&ing season....This year it was Dupree and Bush.....

Just *%$#ing sick of it.....

/rant

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

That is the most asinine argument ever. So because they didn't have success with another team that means they would not have had success with the Steelers?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I highly doubt they bring in an established head coach. I'm thinking someone very green and a coordinator or lower. Some have mentioned Bienemy from Kansas City but he is already more than likely taken.

The Steelers will not let Tomlin go this year as I BELIEVE HE HAS ONE MORE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT (sorry for caps). The STEELERS will let his contract expire and he will walk away to his new kitchen to make popcorn, explicabley buttered popcorn.!!!

Salute the nation

I'm thinking they bring in a young defensive coordinator when they decide it is time to move on.....

mdk2

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

I think we'd have as many Superbowl wins since 2007 with either of those coaches than we do with Tomlin. Actually, I'd say more.

Lebeau controlled the defense, Ben ran the offense.. Tomlin stared ahead and kept his fake headset on. I think Grim and Whis could have done that high level coaching.