• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would you rather?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another 1 and done Playoff appearance or the 6 better draft spot pick?

str8liner

Reaction score
The draft pick thing doesn't bother me near as much as the distinct possibility that it will be status quo again next year in regards to coaching changes.

If they would have lost out and missed the playoffs some meaningful changes would have taken place.

Now? Not so much I am afraid.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am fully on board with them getting the best 2 OLinemen and the best DLineman they can in the first 3 rounds. Always want them to get to the playoffs. Cause lottery tickets are AWESOME! Sure, your chances of winning the powerball are ridiculously impossible. But hey. For a day or two - you can DREAM baby!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Particularly in the situation of Ben retiring for sure one and done. The Steelers have enough needs that six spots shouldn't prevent them from getting a great player of need.
Selfishly the winter is damn long here. It's going up to -3 C and the Steelers have a game next Sunday I never would have expected. I will take that.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Definitely the playoffs. Always root for them to win. Probably not the best for the long term..... but what the hell🙂
By the way...... judging by traffic and posts and excitement on this board yesterday I think most on here would agree. This place was rockin till right through the Raiders game.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The draft pick thing doesn't bother me near as much as the distinct possibility that it will be status quo again next year in regards to coaching changes.

If they would have lost out and missed the playoffs some meaningful changes would have taken place.

Now? Not so much I am afraid.
For me......if we don't correct or massively try to correct this OL we have I will be more upset than the coaching thing. Canada has 2 more years so he isn't going anywhere probably. Maybe though what he calls an "offense"......maybe it would run better if we were able to run the ball and pass block a bit better also. Maybe anyways.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
You don't play the game for draft picks. Without a doubt one and done.

I actually think another interesting argument could've been a 3rd place schedule vs. 2nd place schedule.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Any given Sunday

what is the point of making the playoffs to wish your team loses early for a better draft position that guarantees absolutely nothing

You don't have to be the best team in the league to win a Superbowl ......... You just have to play better than the team you face for a 4 week stretch ....

nothing is impossible

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Does it really matter to some? There will be a Tomlin sucks response regardless unless PIT does a 2005 repeat….which is astronomically against the odds. Even then, there would probably be naysayers still.

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
I said in another thread we'd beat the Rats and the Jags beat the Colts. I have a really good feeling about our game vs KC. This time of year sees strange things happen.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I made my peace during the faiders and bolts game. If Roethlisberger left just barely missing out on the playoffs but beating the clowns twice and two game winning drives vs the Raven’s I’m ok with it. Now that we are in I want beyond want Roethlisberger to win at least one last playoff game. I’d pray for it but I promised I wouldn’t if god saw fit for Mr. Roethlisberger to get one last game winning drive vs the ravens. I’m a man of my word but that doesn’t mean I can’t ask you all to do a little prayer for it.