• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where the clulessness is most evident

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Inside the 10. They clearly believe they cannot run power at all. I haven't seen the bring in Banner but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. They have all these little motion jet sweeps and intricate screens and none of it works. The last 2 weeks I Bet they have more than 20 plays inside the 5 and they just don't work. What does the other team do. Double Heyward get a lineman to Bush who doesn't even take a gap. He just stands there and goes bar to bar with a guy who outweighs him by 100 pounds. I seem to remember a similar year with Todd Haley like this. It's a ****** joke. There are no bad runs on 1st and goal inside the 5. If you are gonna be cute you might as well throw for the endzone from the 15 everytime.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, and the other 90 yards of dominance is impressive, too.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Inside the 10. They clearly believe they cannot run power at all. I haven't seen the bring in Banner but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. They have all these little motion jet sweeps and intricate screens and none of it works. The last 2 weeks I Bet they have more than 20 plays inside the 5 and they just don't work. What does the other team do. Double Heyward get a lineman to Bush who doesn't even take a gap. He just stands there and goes bar to bar with a guy who outweighs him by 100 pounds. I seem to remember a similar year with Todd Haley like this. It's a ****** joke. There are no bad runs on 1st and goal inside the 5. If you are gonna be cute you might as well throw for the endzone from the 15 everytime.
I found the answer....#10 ( I tried to copy and paste but couldn't )

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2021/11/toms-ten-takes-steelers-vs-chargers-2/

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Agreed. But you need an identity to do that stuff. It is forged in July. Clearly they do not have that

matarndt

Reaction score
Where is the "I" formation? I watch Pitt football, and I know Canada ran it there when warranted. Tomlin castrated the running game when he allowed Arians to remove the FB from the field, and has never looked back. Derek Watt is more than a good special teams player, yet we all know how little he sees the field on offense. RBs have been required to fight for their own yards against DLs and LBs for Tomlin's entire tenure, which is a ridiculous philosophy. Running a TE or WR in motion to occasionally block for your RB is not good enough. Harris is 7th in Yards After Contact running the ball. Imagine how many more rushing yards he might have if a FB was in front of him to eliminate the first contact by a DL or LB.

Bush is practically useless, but he did seem to be having a nice game of pattycake going on with a lineman while the RB trotted right past him for a TD.

steelreeling

Reaction score
Someday that ****** fade to Claypool is gonna work, *******.

someday

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Someday that ****** fade to Claypool is gonna work, *******.

someday
And it seemed like it was the only option, snap, throw, hope. But it doesn't beat the three staight passes with the came tied and three and a half minutes on the clock. We were already in field goal range, we have not stoped their offense from butchering us all night, we run about 15 seconds off the clock and went up by three. Who here thought we would stop Herbert.

I can't believe the play calling there and numerous other occasions. Just sickening.

GILBERT

Reaction score
When they stopped them on 4 and 1, I truly believed they were going to win. Run the ball. Couple first downs. FG. No time on clock.

Even with Snell should have run on 1st and 2nd and take your chances on 3 and 8.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I wonder if the high school where Todd Haley is coaching would let him out of his contract?

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
This is where I was fuming.....where is the FB?????

x5W4saE.jpg

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The issue is they absolutely need to replace greene in the goal line set… he gets no push and often gets blown up… the middle of tge line is a liability tgere so everyone knows they are going outside

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Also remember since Tomlin arrived here, we haven’t utilized a fb… i know for a fact that Canada used fullbacks in college… he isn’t clipping them out on a whim… he actually had watt for a season

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
The issue is they absolutely need to replace greene in the goal line set… he gets no push and often gets blown up… the middle of tge line is a liability tgere so everyone knows they are going outside

Our line rarely gets push at any of the positions, but I agree. What I find disturbing is how we always bunch up for our run plays. For a team that can't get any push bunching up (and therefore allowing the D to bunch up) is completely stupid. Even if we want to run, it should be out of a spread formation.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen Ben make a face like that along with the gesture...has he? Spoke volumes to me.
Ben wants to run and gun from the shotgun… always has and always will. He will do as told but makes sure the staff knows that he doesn’t agree with it

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben wants to run and gun from the shotgun… always has and always will. He will do as told but makes sure the staff knows that he doesn’t agree with it
Well, I will say this...I was proud of how Ben played last night. And Heyward. Both had a lot of heart.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with them spreading them out and running from gun.
That's actually a great formation for the Steelers to run from since folks KNOW that Ben really prefers to throw. In THAT case you can actually fool the defense a little. But you have to spread them the **** out. Otherwise, it's just Najee slamming into a human wall.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. We wouldn't want to play to Ben's strength or anything

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
That's actually a great formation for the Steelers to run from since folks KNOW that Ben really prefers to throw. In THAT case you can actually fool the defense a little. But you have to spread them the **** out. Otherwise, it's just Najee slamming into a human wall.
Agreed.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Canada's offense is like a damn canadian nickel around here .... not worth a damn thing. Fire his *** and turn the offense over to Faulkner or Hilliard.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Well the one play where they put Watt in as a FB in the goal line Najee got a TD right behind him...I think it would be unfair and predictable to go back to something that is OBVIOUSLY working well. That would be like cheating now wouldn’t it?

Reactions: wig

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers can't run that close to the goal line because they don't practice it. Go to training camp and watch seven shots. They're in the shotgun and throw the ball just about every chance they get. Compare this to Cowher's goal line drill where he had the offense impose its will on the defense by pounding the ball in. It's two different mentalities. Our offense practices like they are soft so they play soft.