• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where the clulessness is most evident

rpollock

Reaction score
Why we didn't try to run the ball, eat up the clock and then kick the game winner is beyond stupid. We had trouble stopping them all day and we take what 20 ******* seconds off the clock. Nice game management. WTF! I was screaming for them to run, just like when they were at around the 5 1st and goal and passed 4 times and got the lucky PI call.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
The issue is they absolutely need to replace greene in the goal line set… he gets no push and often gets blown up… the middle of tge line is a liability tgere so everyone knows they are going outside
The Steelers absolutely need to replace Green in every set. The guy is clearly not ready to be a starting center in the NFL.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green bulking up will be 5 or 10 pounds. He isn't as small as most think. His weight is similar to Pouncey's and he may even be a little heavier. He is very athletic and that's why they liked him. You can see that on run plays. His has huge legs. He needs to get stronger over the offseason and learn a little more technique and then hopefully he will make a nice leap heading into his 2nd year. I am expecting some of our rookies to hit that rookie wall pretty soon. They have been playing a ton.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The offseason will help this OL a whole bunch especialy if the FO actually invests a HIGH (1st or 2nd) round pick into it. The OL needs more help than just a 3rd & 4th round pick can provide. I' not saying replace either 3rd or 4th but ADD TO THEM.

Salute the nation

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone like this guy ?

Maybe the NFL has passed by on using the FB position, but Najee won't last long in the league running into a wall of humanity on nearly every carry.
Give Derek a shot, even if he's used as a decoy.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think it was our first 4th down we didn't even give a threat to run. Najee was in the backfield then sprinted out wide. That was the play Ben shuffled it to PF who got gang tackled. When the team absolutely needs a play they seem to pick out the worst plays possible

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The offseason will help this OL a whole bunch especialy if the FO actually invests a HIGH (1st or 2nd) round pick into it. The OL needs more help than just a 3rd & 4th round pick can provide. I' not saying replace either 3rd or 4th but ADD TO THEM.

Salute the nation
Ya. I sincerely hope that they DO invest heavily in offensive line. But, what a waste. They finally invest in the line AFTER the H.O.F. QB has retired. ******* Top Notch! Put Mason behind an all-pro line so Coach T. can maintain his 8-8-1!

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone like this guy ?

Watching that highlights video makes me sad.
Imagine if Najee, or Conner had had a FB to take out the first guy on the bulk of their carries. A lot of those runs are just 4 or 5 yard runs, but every time Kreider bashes into a defender ,that's one little bit of soul taken away from that defender as the RB drives past him.