• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Which Team Should Steelers Fans Want to Play Week One

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The schedule for the first week of the 2021 NFL season is set to be released tomorrow morning. The Pittsburgh Steelers know which 14 opponents they will be up against next season, but not in what order. What will be a very tough schedule, whichever team the Steelers see in Week 1, is sure to be a challenge.

The goal is to win every game, of course, but who should Steelers fans desire to play Week 1?

There is a very easy answer for myself and many of us at #SteelerNation

The Cleveland Browns​

There has been so much talk of a changing of the guard in the AFC North. Many analysts and fans of the NFL are already counting a Steelers team out who began last season going 11-0.

Although I do not expect another 11-0 start, I sure would love to see 1-0 to begin the season against the Browns; a team many have pegged to win the division.

The Browns are coming off a franchise changing season making the playoffs and defeating the Steelers in the AFC Wild Card Game. This would be a beautiful spot for the Steelers to remind everyone that they still own the AFC North as they have much of the 21st century.

Additionally, what a revenge spot for the Steelers after the early playoff exit last season. Put this game in Pittsburgh or Cleveland. I’m not going to complain either way. This fresh rivalry deserves a Week 1 spot and one can only hope, a primetime one at that.

The amount of talent that these two teams have on both sides of the ball would start the AFC North’s season off with a bang. Something about beating the Browns in Week 1 is what would start the season off with a great taste in the mouths of Steelers players, coaches, staff and fans.

I’ll be excited regardless of who the Steelers are set to play in Week 1, but let it be the Browns so the Steelers can remind them who owns the AFC North.

Who do yinz think the Steelers will play in Week 1? Who do yinz WANT to play in Week 1? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Whoever we play will have a scheduling advantage as we will be coming off our 4th game in 3 days.......................

**** roger godell and his ******* moron *** eating **** sucking mother ******* bimbo of men that frequent rog's house after hours.

OUR oponent dosen't matter as we will ******* steam roll them...........................20-0 **** all Oponents

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS.................... **** the momA boys who scared of the ******* browns as opening opponents.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The bigger question is who the Steeler fans should want the Steelers to play in WEEK 2.