• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who else is taking a half day off tomorrow?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
best of luck to you and Mrs. Burgandy. Good Karma heading your way.

Thanks. I don't feel real sick but I had a fever that would come and go so that got me concerned and was enough that the urgent care place gave me a test. Runny nose and coughing and sneezing a little bit but like I said, I had a fever Sunday night that got me concerned.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning to take half a day, but I am in the middle of an investigation into a helicopter crash, so that's off the table. Hoping to be home in time for the kick-off, but not betting on it.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Had everything ready to watch the game last night, today? Tough chances, I'm working outside the office and I doubt I end before 5 pm, still in the city where I'm working (not my residential city) my internet connection is quite ****** so even if I get home (work city home) early still I guess online radio plus cbssports game tracker (plus SN forum of course) will be my best chance to follow the game live .

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I was planning to take half a day, but I am in the middle of an investigation into a helicopter crash, so that's off the table. Hoping to be home in time for the kick-off, but not betting on it.

That's likely interesting work..Where was the crash? I should have worked for NTSB after my flying days were over.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
That's likely interesting work..Where was the crash? I should have worked for NTSB after my flying days were over.

Crash was at the Harnett Regional Jetport in NC. Aircraft is an AH-64E. They were practicing auto-rotations, didn't pull in enough power to cushion the landing and BOOM!! Extremely hard landing on the runway. Damaged the gun, gun turret, tailwheel strut, LMLG strut and a good portion of the airframe. Aircraft will likely need to be evac'd to Corpus Christy, TX to be repaired. Pilots are ok, but will probably never fly for the Army again, pending the outcome of the investigation.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
.... if I could telekinetically pelt him with dog **** on a daily basis, I’d be all about that.....

Hmmm...How about a drone drop? I'm envisioning a phone app with a very simple interface. Just a button with the header "Fling **** at Rog". When the button is pressed a $5 fee transferred to my company. My drones will hover around him while he's outside, just waiting for the call and splat. The customer also gets the video of the drop. The app will get so popular the SOB won't be able to go outside without an umbrella.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I am seething on this smokestack today...I am 4 hours from my shop....my house is an hour from the shop.... we are doing a mercury test on this stack... we have completed 8 sample runs... the problem is the stupid epa regulation demands 9 and the plant will want 1-3 supplemental runs...

They are passing.... nothing at all save some ******* dumping a pickup truck full of mercury directly into the boiler and shutting off the pollution controls could conceivably get them to fail, but i will spend 3 to 6 hours on this stack for basically no good reason today... then tear down for an hour or two... then drive to the shop, then drive home ... if im lucky I’ll catch the 4th quarter... most likely ill miss it all

**** the Ravens
**** the league
**** NBC

GILBERT

Reaction score
Hope all goes well Ron.

I just saw on Twitter a link back to SN about 2 more Raven infections reported after they had boarded the plane to the Burgh. When I tried to link to the link it was dead?

Is this game gonna get played?

Here is an ESPN article. They're saying the game is still on. I don't like this at all.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30430540/sources-baltimore-pittsburgh-game-wednesday-2-more-ravens-positive-covid-19

I heard that too. They are now saying that these positives won't impact the game being played. But the ones on last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.......did impact game..lol.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Work for me as I'm a lone one income household who needs to eat.

I doubt I can get the game "live" anyways. BUT I do have a methods of watching that is pretty satisfactory for spending Z-E-R-O dollars on cable / NFL / TV.

I'll watch when I get home and durring the day will NOT get scores or anything of that nature. I'll be cooking POPcorn in my not "hot" kitchen while I watch and things of that nature.

I'm glad for those who have the oppurtunity to watch live and for those who get the oppurtunity due to being out of work, I hope you employment soon.

GOD SPEED

Salute the nation

Last edited:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I have a portion of the day that is for paper work. I'm gonna work through lunch and watch the first half in the staff room. I'm preparing snacks, but obviously no booze. I'm meeting my sons at halftime at a sports bar restaurant that has a section for minors. We normally only watch in our house, but meh. 10-0. Whole week has been a debacle. **** weird superstitions.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
I am working from home BUT have to work until 3....20 minutes after the game starts. I will do my best to clock out and get up to my post in the kitchen but I can’t promise....

mdk2

Reaction score
Any symptoms Ron? My sister and brother in law are in day 12 of their quarantine in Florida because of contact tracing. So far nothing.

Hope it goes as well for you.

Hows that contact tracing work? Are they contacted by some agency saying they need to stay in their house? Sounds scary.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Once I'm fully in my "spirit world" I'll be roaming the sidelines, mostly STEELERS side but will occasionally meander over to the dark side and create HAVOIC !!!

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Had everything ready to watch the game last night, today? Tough chances, I'm working outside the office and I doubt I end before 5 pm, still in the city where I'm working (not my residential city) my internet connection is quite ****** so even if I get home (work city home) early still I guess online radio plus cbssports game tracker (plus SN forum of course) will be my best chance to follow the game live .

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk
Sorry, mi amigo...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Any symptoms Ron? My sister and brother in law are in day 12 of their quarantine in Florida because of contact tracing. So far nothing.

Hope it goes as well for you.

Was blowing my nose more than usual over the weekend then had a fever Sunday night, all night, kept me from sleeping much. Went to urgent care, gave them my symptoms which was apparently good enough for a test. They said inside my nose was irritated and the swab came out with blood on it. I don't feel real sick except for the fever that comes and goes.

SteveA

Reaction score
I work from home....Right Computer will be work computer...Left computer will have the game on, phone will be on Steeler Nation....Hold all calls...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Was blowing my nose more than usual over the weekend then had a fever Sunday night, all night, kept me from sleeping much. Went to urgent care, gave them my symptoms which was apparently good enough for a test. They said inside my nose was irritated and the swab came out with blood on it. I don't feel real sick except for the fever that comes and goes.

I'm gonna say you do not have it. From my understanding at least here if you had it you would know by now. The negatives all wait. Positives are urgent calls to make sure there isn't more transition. Hope it goes well Ron!!!

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well this sucks, the local NBC affiliate is in a contract dispute with Direct TV so they took them off the air this morning.

Couldn't wait 1 more day?

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Well this sucks, the local NBC affiliate is in a contract dispute with Direct TV so they took them off the air this morning.

Couldn't wait 1 more day?

Aw ****. Time to get a streaming package.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I scheduled myself to be in the office from 1:00 to 4:00 today before they moved the game to today. No prime time because of a Christmas tree lighting. **** NBC.