• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who is going to KC?

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in! Driving down Saturday night, staying at the Quality Inn KC-Independence on I70. Driving back after the game. It's about a 5 and half hour drive one way.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Me. Driving from Pittsburgh to Louisville Friday, Louisville to KC Saturday, back to Louisville after the game Sunday, then back to Pittsburgh Monday.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

ark steel

Reaction score
I looked into it today. About $500/person to fly, spend Sat/Sun night and $250/ticket for a seat I'd want to watch the game from. Plus food. To sit in an ice storm.

I'm way too much of a payday (and cheap) to do that.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I looked into it today. About $500/person to fly, spend Sat/Sun night and $250/ticket for a seat I'd want to watch the game from. Plus food. To sit in an ice storm.

I'm way too much of a payday (and cheap) to do that.

The upper deck offers the best view IMO. Unless you get club seats or seats on the 50 like 25 rows back.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
upper Deck is really good. If you haven't been to Arthur Bryant's its a KC must. PS Adam's Mark Hotel looks to have availability. It is no great shake (ok clean) is 200 night on game weekend but is walking distance to stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh.

I have enough Frequent Flyer miles to get there for free and I could get fairly decent seats for around $100. That leaves me with another $100 to $150 for hotel and then food and tailgating money. IE, a reasonable trip all things considered for a Stillers playoff game.

Sadly, my oldest daughter has 2 tickets to Jeff Dunham and she LOVES Jeff Dunham. And guess who she wants to go with her to Jeff Dunham.

Dad of the year...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Do you know what is even better than Jeff Dunham sweetheart. Football. Better yet, playoff Football. And BBQ. that is really good.
Now get off your wallet Wig and get your daughter a ski suit.

Reactions: wig

Steelmann

Reaction score
Sigh.

I have enough Frequent Flyer miles to get there for free and I could get fairly decent seats for around $100. That leaves me with another $100 to $150 for hotel and then food and tailgating money. IE, a reasonable trip all things considered for a Stillers playoff game.

Sadly, my oldest daughter has 2 tickets to Jeff Dunham and she LOVES Jeff Dunham. And guess who she wants to go with her to Jeff Dunham.

Dad of the year...

Lol......Dad of the year should scalp Jeff Dunham tickets (sorry don't know who he is,hopefully big bucks) and spend the weekend with his dear daughter in KC, shopping,and oh yeah I hear there is a game going on this weekend,want to go? Maybe you could write it off as an opportunity for beer sales?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh.

Dad of the year...

How bout let Justin use your FFM so he can fly to KC for you... I'll pay the rest. :chuncky:

ark steel

Reaction score
Sigh.

Dad of the year...

On the bright side, Jeff Dunham (very funny guy) will be indoors where there is heating and not outdoors in a ******* ice storm.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Likeapalooza!

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How bout let Justin use your FFM so he can fly to KC for you... I'll pay the rest. :chuncky:

Justin, if you want to drive half way on Saturday you are more than welcome to stay at my place in Indy. It's not a bad drive from Indy to KC.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Justin, if you want to drive half way on Saturday you are more than welcome to stay at my place in Indy. It's not a bad drive from Indy to KC.
Man I appreciate that. I'm probably just gonna sit this one out. The fact tickets are only $65 make it so tempting though. If something changes I will get a hold of you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Who the hell is Jeff Dunham ??

You mean the puppet guy ? I think it's more about your daughter than the venue...as it should be !

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget to bring yinz pitcher of tea, they will supply the ice.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What if...... the weather is so bad (like Buffalo Vs. Jets) that they moved the game?

Indy would seem like a good choice.

Steel Pride do you have a basement?

Yes I do, but it is currently under construction being finished and turned into my Game Room and Home Theater.