• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who should the starting corners be vs Cincy

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
With them having a huge target like AJ Green and a physical WR opposite of in Sanu we can't roll out with Mccain @ Gay b/c of size limititations, as I hate to say it IKe will have to play Press coverage vs AJ with over the top S help at all times either Will Allen, Mike Mitchell or Blake, with Sanu, I am fine with Gay on him, that will push Mccain to the slot or he can help play over the top on AJ with IKe and try to jump forced throws.

Hopefully Shazier is back and if Eifert plays he has the speed to cover him stride for stride.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This team is so ******* frustrating.

I do love them though.

It's like watching somebody with tons of potential just piss it away on pot.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Gay and Taylor only because we have no one better which is truly disturbing.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Mel Blount and Rod Woodson. Even at their advanced age they probably couldn't do any worse.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Mitchell (counting his stolen money) says: "Look for Safety help all you want. Y'all know I won't be there."

Reactions: GMC

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we need to look at the HS teams left in the state playoffs, and see who is available.

T

TAS

Let me throw my hat in the ring. I'm older than Ike, slower than Ike, never played cb in my life, and will play for half of Ike's pay. How could it be any worse?

P

POP

This team is so ******* frustrating.

I do love them though.

It's like watching somebody with tons of potential just piss it away on pot.

On pot? There are PLENTY of super successful people who hit the lettuce. I'd say they are more like somebody with tons of potential on meth, crack or heroine.

Wingman

Reaction score
Mel Blount and Rod Woodson. Even at their advanced age they probably couldn't do any worse.

They are likely better, see if we can find Donnie Shell and get Tunch out of the booth and Wolf off the sidelines, at least they would be prepared and playing for all they were worth.

Heavy dose of sarcasm.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I present our two new starting corners. Cant get any worse.
dumb-and-dumber1.jpg

Gareth

Reaction score
My gut reaction is traffic cone, but I realize that is only a solution to improving offensive line play season to season.

I'm going to think outside the box.

I'm pretty sure the one armed **** flinging minkey has passed waivers.

Lets pick him up,

He has agility, a certain toughness...and he can force receivers to change direction and **** up their routes.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My gut reaction is traffic cone, but I realize that is only a solution to improving offensive line play season to season.

I'm going to think outside the box.

I'm pretty sure the one armed **** flinging mInkey has passed waivers.

Lets pick him up,

He has agility, a certain toughness...and he can force receivers to change direction and **** up their routes.

Glad you aren't talking about my One Armed **** flinging mOnkeys. I rent mine out, but they all have concussion clauses in thier contracts. Everyone knows, you don't use my MONKEYs for the wrong **** !!!!!!!! BOOM

Salute the nation

Wingman

Reaction score
Glad you aren't talking about my One Armed **** flinging mOnkeys. I rent mine out, but they all have concussion clauses in thier contracts. Everyone knows, you don't use my MONKEYs for the wrong **** !!!!!!!! BOOM

Salute the nation

I knew this was on the way

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
No pass rush = doesn't matter who we have at corner. It really doesn't.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
3rd down and 9 and Lebeau doesn't bring pressure on Brees and it allows a double move on Ike Taylor and a long bomb TD catch. Does it matter who our corners are when you call this insanity? Does it matter who the corners are when you have to bring your safety (Troy) into the box in run support because your Dline and Linebackers suck ***? Kiesel going down hurts this team tremendously. The front three are going to get pushed around, the OL will be able to reach the second level and gouge us for runs. Dalton will play action the living **** out of us and get into rythem and it's going to be yet another losing effort. The only way to keep this close is to use Bell to chew clock and the steelers need to use the intermediate passing attack off of play action to set Bell up for success. I'm certian the Bungles are going to stack the box and pressure Ben...It worked for every suck team who played the Steelers thus far.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No matter who starts there must be a Safety helping towards AJ Green at all times

bmoritz

Reaction score
All Dalton has to do all game long is throw to #24. Easy.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
I'd pin my ears back and bring the house. Live or die by the blitz. I'd be better than our current 0 man rush, no pressure **** we are employing right now.

I'd start Cortez Allen and William Gay. My reasoning, Ike is done and has been since he was Tebowed. The FO thought that Cortez was the right choice over Keenan, then we decided to pay Cortez. They committed to Cortez. So why trot Ike (who's time is coming to an end) out there to get burned, when they can trot Cortez (who they believed was the future) out there and see what happens. It CAN'T be worse!!!

But I'm sure Tomlin will go with old-man veteran Ike.