• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who wants to go fast?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30658390/cleveland-browns-wr-rashard-higgins-cited-drag-racing

Cleveland Browns LT Jedrick Wills Jr., WR Rashard Higgins cited for drag racing
5:49 PM CT

Cleveland Browns left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. and wide receiver Rashard Higgins were both cited for drag racing Tuesday morning.

"We are aware of the incident, will gather more information and handle this matter appropriately," a team spokesman said.

The citation occurred in Westlake, Ohio, about 10 miles from the Browns' practice facility.

According to the service report released by Westlake police, the two were pulled over just before 9:30 a.m. and were each written $124 tickets. Police also conducted a probable cause search in one of the vehicles for a suspected marijuana joint, according to the report. Police didn't specify which vehicle had the joint, and neither Higgins nor Willis was cited for it.

Police did not specify how fast either were driving.

Wills, the No. 10 overall pick in the draft this year, has started all but one game at left tackle for the Browns this season.

Higgins has emerged as a key target for quarterback Baker Mayfield late in the year. Tuesday evening, Higgins posted on Twitter that his "foot slipped," in regards to the drag racing citation, before deleting the tweet. He also posted he "was tryna get away from Covid" before deleting that tweet, as well.

The Browns were slammed with more COVID-19 trouble Tuesday, as head coach Kevin Stefanski, receiver KhaDarel Hodge and Pro Bowl guard Joel Bitonio all tested positive for the virus, knocking them out of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
"We are aware of the incident, will gather more information and handle this matter appropriately," a team spokesman said.
Police didn't specify which vehicle had the joint, and neither Higgins nor Willis was cited for it.

Translations:

Browns: "If you think we're sitting either of these guys for any amount of time during the upcoming playoff game against the Steelers, you've lost your damned minds!"

Police: "If you think we're citing the player who had the ganja, and thus forcing the Browns to sit him or look weak on discipline, you've lost your damned minds!"

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So two years ago everyone picked the Browns to win big, but the more discerning people suggested that they might crack under the pressure and might be a bit too immature to win... many of those same people expected a rebound year this year... but this isn’t a focused team or a mature disciplined one...
Dont get me wrong... young guys routinely do stupid things... but if juju does a silly dance, you still know he shows up to play and make the unglamorous blocks and such... the Browns are full of gloryhounds.. this does nothing to make me think that Landry or Baker or Garrett wont try to showboat and do something that costs them a legit shot at winning

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope Higgins spotted Wills a head start due to the weight
advantage.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Cant believe he actually tweeted his foot slipped and he was trying to run away from COVID. It is bad enough you are doing this a few days away from a playoff game, but then to make jokes about it just shows where some peoples mind sets are.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I wish a team could update- We are aware of the situation, we are gathering information and will handle the situation appropriately to- yeah we know he/they is /are a ****** idiot. You will know if his play is worth the bullshit if we don't cut his *** next week.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
they didn't even say who won the drag race.....

That's bs. I want to know who won and what they're driving. Stock or modified? They are a little nuts dropping the hammer in the cold . Those high performance tires are worthless in the cold .
.Only $124.00 ticket tells me they got the Cleveland special discount.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
That's bs. I want to know who won and what they're driving. Stock or modified? They are a little nuts dropping the hammer in the cold . Those high performance tires are worthless in the cold .
.Only $124.00 ticket tells me they got the Cleveland special discount.

they might have been racing to see who could get the **** out of town fastest.....

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Before I forget did yinz know Disney has a track with which you can get behind a wheel of a race car and drive? You don't get to go top speed or pass the instructor but cool none-the-less.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me when it comes to the "athlete" & current work generation. Have any of you ever tried to hire someone lately? I'm in the trades (Plumbing / HVAC) and last employee took 38 interviews before I found one to hire and then he lasted 3 weeks. Multiple interviewee's told me to wait while they took a call from someone durring the interview. Needless to say when they hung up I terminated the interview. I know there are good youth out there but it's getting harder and harder to find a NOT in titled one.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Before I forget did yinz know Disney has a track with which you can get behind a wheel of a race car and drive? You don't get to go top speed or pass the instructor but cool none-the-less.

Did you know you can get behind the wheel of your own car and drive for hours at most of the big Nascar/formula one tracks around the country? They will even give you professional instruction. I'm doing Daytona, Charlotte and Atlanta raceways this year.

All you need is a decent sports car,good tires,brakes and big balls. And a few hundred bucks.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me when it comes to the "athlete" & current work generation. Have any of you ever tried to hire someone lately? I'm in the trades (Plumbing / HVAC) and last employee took 38 interviews before I found one to hire and then he lasted 3 weeks. Multiple interviewee's told me to wait while they took a call from someone durring the interview. Needless to say when they hung up I terminated the interview. I know there are good youth out there but it's getting harder and harder to find a NOT in titled one.

Salute the nation

That's not just in your trade DIC, it's all over. The yout nowadays is severely lacking in both motivation and manual skills. Somehow they have been brainwashed into believing that college is the only answer to success. Then they find out that they do not know what they are doing there and end up deep in debt with a diploma not worth the paper it's printed on.

Meanwhile the Country has to import workers to work the trades and hospitality fields. Now small wonder that BLM and ANTIFA have such a large following....the kids got nowhere else to hang out and Lord knows, the YMCA's are not filling the gap like they used to. I guess the 'C' in the name is no longer acceptable.

727f99a54c186f748b8b7dc2df82d344.jpg

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

At least you get interviews..... My last interview had to take rehab classes 4 days a week for 2 hours along with having multiple charges. The one before that wanted to make her own schedule, couldn't work certain days or hours or whatever. She also had a felony. We have strict background checks so she more than likely wouldn't have made that anyways. I haven't had a new app in about 2 weeks

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
NOTHING will happen to the Browns players. NOTHING

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you know you can get behind the wheel of your own car and drive for hours at most of the big Nascar/formula one tracks around the country? They will even give you professional instruction. I'm doing Daytona, Charlotte and Atlanta raceways this year.

All you need is a decent sports car,good tires,brakes and big balls. And a few hundred bucks.
I hear you. I thought the attraction was actually being in a professional sports car . I guess it could still be fun with your own vehicle I am thinking the same restrictions would be in place?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean it could be worse, it could be doing dumb *** crotch rocket stunts like that moron POS Kellen Winslow Jr... you know the actual Convicted serial rapist that played in the division

skline00

Reaction score
Oh Stller fans (including me) how short a memory we have!

Remember AB's driving habits?