• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who’s left for rounds 2 & 3?

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Looks like we have some good options still available. Not sure who will fall in round 2 but would love to see us obviously grab oline and particularly Center. Below are a list of players I’m looking at for each round.

2nd Round
OT - Jenkins, Eichenberg
C - Meinerz, Dickerson, Humphrey
TE - Freiermuth
WR - Rondale Moore, Marshall
CB - Asante Samuel
ILB - Owusu
S - Trevon Moehrig

3rd Round
OT - Mayfield, Radunz
C - Meyers
TE - Tremble
CB - Elijah Molden
QB - Kellen Mond

steelreeling

Reaction score
Owusu - The Joker.

I cant believe a guy like this has fallen past top 15. Hell, just because he's light in the *** at 215 doesnt mean he cant put some meat on to get to 235. Think Luke Kuechly only so MUCH faster.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm geeked if we go TE, CB in Fairmuth and Molden in 2 and 3. Also equally happy if we go C, CB. But Molden is my target in 3.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Center was the weakest position entering the draft and RB second weakest. They addressed RB, would really like to see them grab one of the top three C in the second.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Radunz is 2nd rounder in most places I've seen and is one of the top players remaining. We would be lucky if he's still there at our pick. Him or one of the C's is who I would be targetting in Rd. 2 and that would include using a 3rd or 4th from next year to make sure we get the guy we want.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have our starting RB and if we can snag a starter on the OL for this year, this draft is already a winner in my books.
Love your enthusiasm .....but a little premature.

Decent start...they HAD to take Harris there.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Owusu is a Rat

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
OL in R2 is a must.

Other areas of need, ILB, TE, CB, QB.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Love your enthusiasm .....but a little premature.

Decent start...they HAD to take Harris there.
That's what I said. But our 2 biggest areas of need are/were RB and OL (C and LT). We just nailed the RB position with our 1st pick. If we get a starting C or LT with our 2nd by moving up (or maybe sitting tight), then we nailed our 2 biggest needs for the draft and I would be very happy with that. All the other positions we are picking for are depth and maybe to push for a starting job this year - CB, TE, ILB, and OLB in no particular order are our other needs. Although, we could use immediate help at TE and CB. Our starters are set at ILB and OLB but we need depth and future starters.

Steel Maniac

Reaction score
We have to help out our stud running back by fixing the line. If Cosmi is there or a stud center, we pull that trigger. I’m not opposed taking a tackle and trying come back at the bottom of the second round again and taking a top 3 center.

yeah we would lose a 3rd round pick but we have two 4th round picks where we could go cornerback & linebacker.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I said. But our 2 biggest areas of need are/were RB and OL (C and LT). We just nailed the RB position with our 1st pick. If we get a starting C or LT with our 2nd by moving up (or maybe sitting tight), then we nailed our 2 biggest needs for the draft and I would be very happy with that. All the other positions we are picking for are depth and maybe to push for a starting job this year - CB, TE, ILB, and OLB in no particular order are our other needs. Although, we could use immediate help at TE and CB. Our starters are set at ILB and OLB but we need depth and future starters.
I'd say CB is a big need, the room is only 2 deep with 3 starters required. Add Layne's legal troubles and we are even shallower than a kiddie's pool.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
We have to help out our stud running back by fixing the line. If Cosmi is there or a stud center, we pull that trigger. I’m not opposed taking a tackle and trying come back at the bottom of the second round again and taking a top 3 center.

yeah we would lose a 3rd round pick but we have two 4th round picks where we could go cornerback & linebacker.
But you can't move up to the end of the 2nd with a 3rd round pick, you'd probably have to give up the comp 4th too

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say CB is a big need, the room is only 2 deep with 3 starters required. Add Layne's legal troubles and we are even shallower than a kiddie's pool.
After OL, we do need a CB and TE. TE still may be addressed in free agency though. But, Ebron will probably be gone after this year so we really need to draft a legit blocking and receiving TE. Tommy Tremble from Notre Dame might be a good pick if there in Rd. 3 or later and the TE from BYU is one of my sleepers. He can get open and he can block but isn't mentioned much.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll say it, "Rooooll Tide Roll!!!" Put Dickerson in front of Harris - match made in heaven!!!
I'mma make your head hurt. Landon Dickerson is going to the P**s in round 2. Just that kinda draft.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
My guess for 2nd Asante Samuel Jr, Teven Jenkins, Azeez Ojulari, Quinn Meinerz, Creed Humphrey, and Samuel Cosmi are all high on the board right now.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Humphrey, Meinerz, Jenkins, or Little please.