• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why did we sign Anthony Miller?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The dude isn't a No. 1 WR but he can play. He is absolutely better than RayRay, Cody, and Sims, who they just brought up instead of him. The dude ran a 4.38 40 time so he can take the top off. Why the heck did we sign him? He's been here for weeks now and easily should be up to speed enough to play. Anyone have any insight into this? I sure hope these 3 scrub WR's can step up today because Diontae will be double teamed and they won't throw to Washington.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The dude isn't a No. 1 WR but he can play. He is absolutely better than RayRay, Cody, and Sims, who they just brought up instead of him. The dude ran a 4.38 40 time so he can take the top off. Why the heck did we sign him? He's been here for weeks now and easily should be up to speed enough to play. Anyone have any insight into this? I sure hope these 3 scrub WR's can step up today because Diontae will be double teamed and they won't throw to Washington.
Mason probably will throw to Washington, and they don’t gave to announce who is playing yet

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Mason probably will throw to Washington, and they don’t gave to announce who is playing yet
Miller is still on the practice squad, isn't he? If so, he definitely won't be playing. Maybe I missed somewhere along the way that they brought him up. Ray Ray, Cody, and Sims will all be in the lineup to give us 5 WR's. If that's the case, I would bet Washington won't be the No. 2 WR for any more than 50% of the snaps. Tomlin just seems to hate the dude since last year for some reason.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
On that note, why in the heck did we trade for Ahkello Witherspoon? What a waste of a future draft pick.
That is a simpler answer… he cant play special teams… he is a pure outside corner
He isn’t beating out Sutton because Sutton can also play inside in a pinch, pierre and haden are outright better.. layne plaus special teams, and the rest are slot guys

He is injury insurance at a position that was very shallow

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With Ben having symptoms so close to the game, he may miss next week as well. He needs his symptoms to go away and then test negative 2 times 24-hours apart. He almost definitely won't practice this week. If Rudolph plays well, they may as well keep him in next week. Ben hasn't practiced much recently and he still needs the practice for his timing with the receivers.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
Is Cody White actually better than Miller? Come on, bring the guy up already!!

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’ve been asking the same question, why not Anthony Miller? I really would have expected Miller to be elevated to the 53 this week. Had some decent seasons in Chicago with not great QB play.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear ya ..... thought we would see Miller by now....... Tomlin holding off until December I guess ... then unleash HELL again

Sims was elevated as you said.....

Rudolph and Washington hopefully pair up today on some plays downfield

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Sims is capable of KR/PR. I’m guessing Ray Ray is on a short leash. Otherwise we would’ve seen Miller

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Sims is capable of KR/PR. I’m guessing Ray Ray is on a short leash. Otherwise we would’ve seen Miller
Well that makes no sense… our fastest wr right now runs what, a 4.5 something? Id rather have a burner than another smaller wr that is more a hard worker than athletic specimen… he is a nice wr, don’t get me wrong… but he is a 5-10 guy who scored low on athletic abilities and makes up for it with work ethic and smarts… not exactly a guy who replaces claypool

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miller runs a 4.38 and can return kicks. Makes no sense he hasn't been activated. This was the week if they were going to do it at all.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that makes no sense… our fastest wr right now runs what, a 4.5 something? Id rather have a burner than another smaller wr that is more a hard worker than athletic specimen… he is a nice wr, don’t get me wrong… but he is a 5-10 guy who scored low on athletic abilities and makes up for it with work ethic and smarts… not exactly a guy who replaces claypool
It may be something Danny Smith and Cool Shades are seeing at practice among all the capable returners. Who knows.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It may be something Danny Smith and Cool Shades are seeing at practice among all the capable returners. Who knows.

A "bubbles" sighting..................................... The same guy who didn't have a back up place kicker contingency .

I know it's reasonable to think the ST coach would have input in this kind of decision but our ST coach hasn't done so well to date (should have been replaced years ago)

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, again, I will ask why isn't Miller playing? He finally got brought up this past week. They targeted him once from what I recall. It was a bad throw but he still snagged the damn thing for a one-yard gain. That effort and sticky hands have to earn him more playing time in my book. Washington is doing nothing even when they do play him. Miller is absolutely better than Cody, Sims, and probably Ray Ray. Come on man! Play the man!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, again, I will ask why isn't Miller playing? He finally got brought up this past week. They targeted him once from what I recall. It was a bad throw but he still snagged the damn thing for a one-yard gain. That effort and sticky hands have to earn him more playing time in my book. Washington is doing nothing even when they do play him. Miller is absolutely better than Cody, Sims, and probably Ray Ray. Come on man! Play the man!

Until Coaching decides, nothing will happen.................. that's the standard.

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Still amazed Miller isn't getting more snaps (or I should say some snaps). Ray Ray has improved but Miller is better. He should be our No. 5 WR every game and get snaps.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miller who.....................?

RayRay has improved punt return to a degree, not uch on kick return but that is governed by touch backs (i feel he should take anytime it's in the endzone).

RayRay's ipact is more due to force feed him than additive ability.

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
he hasnt yet learned all the intricacies of our very evolved offense, having come from a powerhouse scoring machine in Chicago, then to Houston. We're retaining Dobbs only so he can dumb down the offense to the rest of the guys. this IS, in fact, rocket science.

/ sarcasm

madinsomniac

Reaction score
He got 25 offensive snaps in one game and caught 1 pass for two yards on his only target… now it was an amazing catch, but even when he plays they arent targeting him

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers kept Witherspoon on the inactive list all year and when he got a chance he produced better than the guys ahead of him. Does Miller play the slot? If so, he should be getting snaps ahead of Ray Ray.