• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why no mention of the elephant in the room?Cam Heyward punch

chipped ham

Reaction score
did he hurt Herbert? nope, but burthdefect damn near killed AB with that illegal hit

the two cases are not remotely similar
Not to mention burpdick’s overall history to thag point (the Lev Bell incident, the **** with Decastro, stepping on offensive lineman’s hands, et al), while Heyward has been a Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Oh my gosh… that happens all the time in piles and scuffles… its a personal foul.. move on heyward has no rep of being dirty… one frustrated moment doesn’t change that… its not like he ripped hos helmet off and chased him around to club him in the head with it..

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
5vln5j.jpg

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If only the rest of the team had the sort of heart and work ethic as Hayward has…

There are very few on defense who aren't "SOFT", Haywerd is not soft. I agree Skott, some need to toughen up.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Nope bro...he reared back his arm and balled his fist. Then came out and lied about it. Was not cool...but hey I'm not going to beat a dead horse just was wondering what everybody thought since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
I'll agree with you, since nobody else will. Surprising to see Heyward do that kind of thing in the first place, and then pretend like it was not egregious. If some asswipe opposing DL had done that to Ben, they'd all have been screaming bloody murder around here.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That Bungles PO game was unreal how it ended. The STEELERS were real fortunate to win that game. The bungles were head hunting all night and the refs let them get away with it. I know the little chest hit was serious but I was a little surprised for a moment that they (refs) flagged it.

To bad for little chest as I think this losened something and the blood didn't flow right from that point on.

The bungles were a bunch of thugs and ended that game as thuggery as absolutely possible so I don't feel one bit sad for those *******.

Salute the nation

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
That Bungles PO game was unreal how it ended. The STEELERS were real fortunate to win that game. The bungles were head hunting all night and the refs let them get away with it. I know the little chest hit was serious but I was a little surprised for a moment that they (refs) flagged it.

To bad for little chest as I think this losened something and the blood didn't flow right from that point on.

The bungles were a bunch of thugs and ended that game as thuggery as absolutely possible so I don't feel one bit sad for those *******.

Salute the nation
Yes they were and I'll be honest...I was nervous walking back to the car with my 15 y.o. daughter several blocks away in the dark wearing Steelers clothing. Some of the Bungles fans that night weren't very nice either exiting the stadium.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I'll agree with you, since nobody else will. Surprising to see Heyward do that kind of thing in the first place, and then pretend like it was not egregious. If some asswipe opposing DL had done that to Ben, they'd all have been screaming bloody murder around here.
Yeah I kind of understand why he didn't want to fess up...probably trying to avoid a fine. Cam gives turkeys out on turkey day and is a generally good guy seems like. And no one can question his heart of black& gold. He just had a moment where he lashed out in frustration.

Stewey

Reaction score
I looked around and noticed no one mentioned what Cam did. First of all disclaimer: I love Cam and acknowledge he is a great Steeler and will certainly be remembered as a Steeler legend if he continues playing the way he has, but that punch on Herbert was a POS move. Then he followed it up by lying in the PC instead of fessing up which was POS move #2. He could have said it was "in the heat of the moment and he reacted out of the other Chargers players pulling and pushing him" instead he took the low road and said his arm was trapped underneath blah, blah...which is complete B.S. as anyone who has seen the video knows. Let's save the excuses: He didn't fall, he didn't trip on the reffs leg,etc. He balled up his fist , pulled his arm back and punched him in the gut. That's all.

Cams arm was stuck. The video cuts in just as Cam was pulling his arm out.

Regardless, the elephant in the room is you trying to make a big deal out of it.

It was such a petty incident, not worthy of him being ejected. So petty he won't even be fined for it.