• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will the NFL/Godell do the right thing and investigate what went on at the match?

Acereros

Reaction score

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hypocrisy at it's finest, the Stains cut a scrub WR for smoking pot, and apologize for Garrett, while keeping him employed.

All about the dollars!

Think the game in 2 weeks will be flexed to prime time? $$$$$$$$$$$$

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
at the "match"?

Free Agent

Reaction score
This is what I've been talking about to friends for the past few days. This falls on the Kitchens who needs to be investigated.

On the same play that JuJu got injured, a roughing the passer penalty was called on Chad Thomas. This wasn't mentioned in the article and seems to be forgotten by many. It reminded me of the Earl Thomas cheap shot. Rudolph just didn't get knocked out this time.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Todd Haley took the Browns' coaching staff to task in an interview he had with some TV or radio station. Called out the coaching staff for the lack of discipline. Didn't sound like sour grapes either.

Acereros

Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The browns contacted mason in the head multiple times that game... there were also shots that didn’t connect... I thought that it was obvious that they were trying to rack up injuries for the rematch in two weeks...

Also idiots who point out that mason charged at garrett don’t point out that garrett was ******* walking away with his helmet... whatcthe **** was he supposed to do, let him keep it like a trophy?

Garrett was trying to take one last hit on him and he took exception... he also was laying on him... this thing is no different than when ben got punched in the mouth and people defended it saying he deserved it... its just haters hating...

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to know why there isn't a suspension resulting from the hit on Johnson.

Further punishment is coming - fine or suspension. I think the NFL does those reviews on a regular review cycle after all weekend games are played. Most likely, someone puts together a video of all questionable in game hits and they are reviewed in a regularly scheduled weekly meeting for that purpose. That is what I would do anyway.

The Garrett Incident was exceptional and required immediate action by the NFL.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
There's more to it than what happened during the last 8 seconds of the game. I think he's sweeping something under the rug. Like how about the guy who got thrown out of the game earlier on for helmet to helmet. We lost two WRs during that game for helmet to helmet hits. Why isn't Roger doing anything about that?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
There's more to it than what happened during the last 8 seconds of the game. I think he's sweeping something under the rug. Like how about the guy who got thrown out of the game earlier on for helmet to helmet. We lost two WRs during that game for helmet to helmet hits. Why isn't Roger doing anything about that?

To provide some context here, the head trauma Juju and Johnson suffered were within the confines of the game.

What Garrett did was clearly after the play had stopped and was physical assault. Plain and simple.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
"match

(mætʃ )

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
A match is an organized game of football, tennis, cricket, or some other sport.
[mainly British]
He was watching a football match.
France won the match 28-19
."

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/match

As 'Black& Gold Bleeder' correctly say, I'm from Mexico, but I live in the UK, and over here that's how people call these events! :smile1:

Welcome to the board SIR. we here call them games. I respect your position and location but as they say "do as the locals do" and if questioned on your meaning it's nice to answer. Keep on keeping on and contributing.

Salute the nation

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
"match

(mætʃ )

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
[mainly British]
."

As 'Black& Gold Bleeder' correctly say, I'm from Mexico, but I live in the UK, and over here that's how people call these events! :smile1:

If you really wanna mess with the yanks, you need throw in the word "pitch".

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the board SIR. we here call them games. I respect your position and location but as they say "do as the locals do" and if questioned on your meaning it's nice to answer. Keep on keeping on and contributing.

Salute the nation

I am pretty sure Aceros has been around a long time.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
The browns contacted mason in the head multiple times that game... there were also shots that didn’t connect... I thought that it was obvious that they were trying to rack up injuries for the rematch in two weeks...

Also idiots who point out that mason charged at garrett don’t point out that garrett was ******* walking away with his helmet... whatcthe **** was he supposed to do, let him keep it like a trophy?

Garrett was trying to take one last hit on him and he took exception... he also was laying on him... this thing is no different than when ben got punched in the mouth and people defended it saying he deserved it... its just haters hating...
I said it before, just like ram's Donald did, they are playing whack-a-Rudolph

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
This is what I've been talking about to friends for the past few days. This falls on the Kitchens who needs to be investigated.

On the same play that JuJu got injured, a roughing the passer penalty was called on Chad Thomas. This wasn't mentioned in the article and seems to be forgotten by many. It reminded me of the Earl Thomas cheap shot. Rudolph just didn't get knocked out this time.

Colin touched on this, framed as 'foreshadowing'. The stains were going for kill shots the whole night 'as if freddie told them to play dirty and cheat'. Starts @2:11...

If that be the case, and we all know the league won't lift a finger to find out or do anything about it, what do the Steelers do with the stains in 2 weeks? Retaliate? Seems out of character for a HCMT coached team.

You go back in time there have been some severe hits doled out by our heroes. They were big hits in context with a particular play - Ryan/Willis, etc. But I don't recall behavior that looked Buddy Ryanish (eg 'bounty or 'kill shot).

You have to believe the kids that played the stains Thursday night know what was going on. What do you do about it? How do you continue to play those ******** straight up?

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
"match

(mætʃ )

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
[mainly British]
."

okay.

don't care where you came from. or where you currently live.

the subject is American football. No such thing as a "match".

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Aceros has been around a long time.

Then he should know it's a GAME and not a MATCH...................... He has 143 post(s). And I can welcome him and you anytime...........

Welcome SteelerInLebanon welcome to the site and nice to see yaz aboard......... Hope to see you contributing in football knowledge and HUMOR as well.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

troymania

Reaction score

Salute the nation
Yeah, yinz jagoffs need to speak english....... Oh wait LOL. Welcome to the board n'at.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Then he should know it's a GAME and not a MATCH...................... He has 143 post(s). And I can welcome him and you anytime...........

Welcome SteelerInLebanon welcome to the site and nice to see yaz aboard......... Hope to see you contributing in football knowledge and HUMOR as well.

Salute the nation

Hey just giving him his dues. Not giving you grief. I usually only give Coach grief but he is an easy target and almost always deserves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Acereros

Reaction score

Exactly!!!!

Acereros

Reaction score

Salute the nation

If you really wanna mess with the yanks, you need throw in the word "pitch".

:peaceful::beers: