• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

With 5 games left

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Steelers clinch with a win next week.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
they have a playoff birth now i hink with a win Monday they have the division

madinsomniac

Reaction score
they have a playoff birth now i hink with a win Monday they have the division

No the Steelers need 1 win or 1 vegas loss to clinch the playoffs
For the division, its more complicated
the Steelers need 2 wins and one to be vs the bengals or browns or two Cleveland losses and one to be vs the ratbirds or Steelers to clinch the division
The Browns are 8-3.... they can finish 13-3, they have 2 division losses... we aren’t clinching early vs them

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
No the Steelers need 1 win or 1 vegas loss to clinch the playoffs
For the division, its more complicated
the Steelers need 2 wins and one to be vs the bengals or browns or two Cleveland losses and one to be vs the ratbirds or Steelers to clinch the division
The Browns are 8-3.... they can finish 13-3, they have 2 division losses... we aren’t clinching early vs them

I don't see a direct clinch yet. 3 WC teams at 7 wins, they can project to 12. So if the Steelers win and Cots or Dolphins lose, they are in. If they win and the Browns lose, it may mean the division. The tiebreak is a lose out/win out scenario.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I don't see a direct clinch yet. 3 WC teams at 7 wins, they can project to 12. So if the Steelers win and Cots or Dolphins lose, they are in. If they win and the Browns lose, it may mean the division. The tiebreak is a lose out/win out scenario.

There are 7 playoff teams... 9 that can finish 11-5 or better
The Ravens cannot beat us for anything... so tgere are 7 teams that theoretically Can beat us out for a playoff spot
Vegas is 6-5 they can technically beat us on tiebreakers if we lost out... if we win we assure we finish with a top 7 record in the afc... if tge raiders lose tgere aren’t 7 teams that can surpass us

The division is a multi week thing still... may go to the last week depending on whom we lose to down the stretch
As it is if we won the next three we’d clinch for sure no matter what Cleveland does

The top seed probably goes to the last week

OhioSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
There are 7 playoff teams... 9 that can finish 11-5 or better
The Ravens cannot beat us for anything... so tgere are 7 teams that theoretically Can beat us out for a playoff spot
Vegas is 6-5 they can technically beat us on tiebreakers if we lost out... if we win we assure we finish with a top 7 record in the afc... if tge raiders lose tgere aren’t 7 teams that can surpass us

The division is a multi week thing still... may go to the last week depending on whom we lose to down the stretch
As it is if we won the next three we’d clinch for sure no matter what Cleveland does

The top seed probably goes to the last week

I think the Steelers have to be in already. Those 9 teams all play each other at times and ultimately leads to them having a worse record then 11-5.
I went through the playoff machine and had Steelers loos every game while having all of the 9 playoff contenders win every game they could.
If they played each other I went back and tried it both ways. The worst scenario I came up with was Steelers as a 7 seed.

Maybe I missed something but here is the link I went to.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Yes, I know I have too much time I my hands.

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Washington Football Team is the ONLY game I see currently.

This is going to be a tough game. Smith may now throw for 3 TDs, but he's accurate and has a star receiver in McLaurin and a star in the making at running back with Gibson, who is playing his best football of the season. WFT is also feeling themselves with two straight wins and trying to win the NFC East.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game. Smith may now throw for 3 TDs, but he's accurate and has a star receiver in McLaurin and a star in the making at running back with Gibson, who is playing his best football of the season. WFT is also feeling themselves with two straight wins and trying to win the NFC East.

So they are due for a loss perfect.

:jump:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I just read we clinch the division with a win or Clowns loss.

Source? lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#56384;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HereWeGo?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HereWeGo</a></p>— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) <a href="https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1334588641327411201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So weirdly enough tgey can actually clinch the division with a win and a Cleveland loss on Sunday... I didn’t realize that without the titans win there is no way for Cleveland to catch us in strength of victory... and if we won next Monday then lost out and Cleveland lost next Sunday and won out thats what it would revert to....

Them losing to the raiders and having to play the winless jets as the difference Between our schedules kind of screwed them in the math lol

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Washington has a good D , but if tge wrs catch the ball nobody can hang with our offense... thats a big if though

Also i wish someone would put together a blatent hold compilation for teams holding on our front 7.... its out of control and frankly there is no way all of it gets ignored without the league’s blessing.... somebody should just shame the **** out of them on social media

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think I read where WAS D was ranked 4th and Alex Smith is playing well. They have a stud WR and Gibson has been doing well at RB. I think WAS is better than their record. We definitely should win, but very short week plus all the recent interruptions I think this will be a nail biter. If we get down big early I say just rest the starters and move on.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
So weirdly enough tgey can actually clinch the division with a win and a Cleveland loss on Sunday... I didn’t realize that without the titans win there is no way for Cleveland to catch us in strength of victory... and if we won next Monday then lost out and Cleveland lost next Sunday and won out thats what it would revert to....

Them losing to the raiders and having to play the winless jets as the difference Between our schedules kind of screwed them in the math lol

Cleveland has a tough schedule.

-Titans want to win the AFC South and Indianapolis is hot on their heels.

-Baltimore will be fighting for their playoff lives, especially considering they should have an easy win against Dallas next week.

-The Giants are battling to win the pathetic NFC East and will not go down easy.

-Jets are in full tank mode and won't want to lose out on Lawrence.

-Steelers may be playing for a seed or they may be resting starters. Who knows at this point.