• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WTF is this Heads Up Football bullshit?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Only women are in this program and they watch over football practices and call out coaches? These women, most of them don't know football but go through a one day training program after which they are the whistle-blowing ambassadors of the Goodell regime. Sounds great.

Whatever.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Where were these women with Ray Rice handling by the NFL rules committee? We have become a politically correct nation of bored people. We allow the big things to slide but hell fire towards the BS crap.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Actually I just checked in a lady here at the airport who was there today. She said it was great.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just seems like another hokey way to both draw in women and water down the game...Goodell style.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
It's ******* stupid but at least they quit talking about the Stains and Jonny Gagball while they enlightened us with this crap.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
After one day of training they know more about football than the ******** in charge.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Its just about PR. These kids in pee wee are not in that much risk. They are small. their pads make them look like Darth Helmet from Spaceballs and they usually just crash into each other and fall over moreso than real hard tackles.

My concern is that with all this teaching of moving your head while tackling, they will cause a rise in neck injuries.

if the NFL was really concerned about it, they would tweaking the passing rules. It's the favorable passing rules that have caused increased injuries.

when you run the ball, there are collisions but they are close collisions with neither player at full speed. With all the passing, you are seeing long range collisions with 2 players going full speed.

This stems from them not allowing DBs to touch WRs at all. This has led to many small WRs going over the middle becuse they are no longer restricted. Years ago, only TEs and big WRs went over the middle. Now you have tiny guys like Desean Jackson flying through the middle and meeting 250 Pound LBs.

Blame the offensive coaches for sending boys to do a man's job over the middle. Why is it always the defense that must adjust?

Wingman

Reaction score
Its just about PR.
when you run the ball, there are collisions but they are close collisions with neither player at full speed. With all the passing, you are seeing long range collisions with 2 players going full speed.

You might want to look at Ryan Clark in a ravens game with regard to your running the ball discrimination.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You might want to look at Ryan Clark in a ravens game with regard to your running the ball discrimination.

Thats the first thing i thought of also. Beautiful hit in that it was totally legal and he didn't need to be on coke, to deliver the head shot!!!!

Salute the nation

GRBman

Reaction score
Its just about PR. These kids in pee wee are not in that much risk. They are small. their pads make them look like Darth Helmet from Spaceballs and they usually just crash into each other and fall over moreso than real hard tackles.

My concern is that with all this teaching of moving your head while tackling, they will cause a rise in neck injuries.

if the NFL was really concerned about it, they would tweaking the passing rules. It's the favorable passing rules that have caused increased injuries.

This stems from them not allowing DBs to touch WRs at all. This has led to many small WRs going over the middle becuse they are no longer restricted. Years ago, only TEs and big WRs went over the middle. Now you have tiny guys like Desean Jackson flying through the middle and meeting 250 Pound LBs.

Blame the offensive coaches for sending boys to do a man's job over the middle. Why is it always the defense that must adjust?

Maybe at the lowest levels of little-league ball, but when these boys hit 10, 11 & 12 years old, they are popping pads pretty good and yes, that can result in concussions. I know, I had one.

Look, I get what the NFL is trying to do. If they don't reform how the game is played from a hitting and contact standpoint, the game will be dead in a decade. People are watching players DIE from post-concussion syndrome, they are killing themselves and we are seeing players that we know...tough guys...get reduced to suicide.

What I've seen is a lot more players coming up through High School and College who are launching themselves (with their facemasks toward the ground) into other players. THAT is how you get neck injuries. Eric LeGrand got his neck broken because he hit with the top of his helmet, same with every player who has ever been paralyzed...head down...facing the ground. The only thing they are doing with Heads-Up football is to get players to "see what you hit."...which is what we were taught as kids.

The NFL is UTILIZING moms to help drive this point home...because we all know that mom is the boss.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I think there is no reason for tackle football until around Grade 7 and I think it's highly unnecessary in Elementary School. Flag football is fine in Elementary School up to 6th grade or so. That's how it's done in my home town, which is a bit of a football factory when you consider it has 3,000 people total and has produced 6 or 7 NFL players. I live about 20 miles form there now, and in this current town, they start tackle football in 3rd grade which I find ridiculous. And the high school football program here is awful compared to my old school and has been awful since I was a kid, so it doesn't seem to be doing their program any good whatsoever.

Last edited:

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
Where are the MILF pictures? :cool:

Football+Girl.jpg

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
The last thing any youth football coach needs is an over protective baby momma up in his grill because 6 year old Johnny knocked the snot out of her little jimmy and she knows what she is talking about because she watched a mind **** of an nfl film. Great.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a link to this?