• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

XFL CFL considering ties

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Don't know to what level. CFL purists have panties in a knot. I don't see how they can play each other. Rules will be f'ked. But If Covid precludes American player entry or Fans (both very likely this season) the CFL is in big trouble. On one hand I don't think the Gov't should get invlolved on the other, the willingly bleed money to the arts and culture. the CFL is a 100 plus year old league. That is culture too.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
CFL is one of the top 4 or 5 men's professional football leagues that plays a variant of American football and who's skill position players are pre-dominantly American.

Maybe even top 3.

Go Rough Riders!!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Haha can you honestly name one other better league than the NFL. And to be honest the NFL and US college have really been heavily influenced by the offensive minded CFL in the last 10 plus years.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha can you honestly name one other better league than the NFL. And to be honest the NFL and US college have really been heavily influenced by the offensive minded CFL in the last 10 plus years.
I seem to remember a lingerie league a couple years back that had an over abundance of tight ends on the field all at once....

and I think Confluence meant to say Go Redblacks as the Rough Riders are no more

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
How sweet would it be if Daniel Snyder announced the Washington Redblacks. The metldown would be epic.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I seem to remember a lingerie league a couple years back that had an over abundance of tight ends on the field all at once....

and I think Confluence meant to say Go Redblacks as the Rough Riders are no more
I went to a couple of those games. Pretty ****** good actually.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

yer right.

Go Roughriders!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

If we are talking about the same league,..... PITTSBURGH had a team in that league that did real well. I believe 2 championships and the last year they went undefeated. They Hit and hit hard, kind of like old school STEELERS football.

Oh, and you most certainly are correct about many more than 1 or 2 tight ends on the field at one time........

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS As for the XFL, anything to resurect that league. They had many things going for them and their games were better watching than the NFL. The NFL copied parts of the XFL in that one was less flags per game. It was very noticeable from 2019 standard to 2020 standard. Don't worry though the NFL didn't hold back the flags when they manipulated certain teams to championships.

I don't know how the CFL and XFL could merge but it would be great help if they did.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah I grew up a Tom Clements , JC Watts and Tony Gabriel fan .....with the Ottawa franchise
A league with only 9 teams and they have 2 teams with the same name, differing only with a space between words ..... unreal
Tom Clements was my hero growing up. Not a big Riders fan here. If he would have had an NFL body he would have had a hell of an NFL career. He was Joe Montana smart with the ball and very poised.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Tom Clements was my hero growing up. Not a big Riders fan here. If he would have had an NFL body he would have had a hell of an NFL career. He was Joe Montana smart with the ball and very poised.
funny Tom and Joe both from PA both went to Notre Dame Tom had great success in CFL ... 2 championships and CFL hall of fame ......... Joe 4 Superbowls .... hall of fame
Clements to Gabriel one of the most remembered plays in CFL history dubbed "the catch" ...... sorry for the reminder Rough Riders beat the Roughriders for the Grey Cup
Montana to Clark one of the most remembered plays in NFL history dubbed "the catch" by many

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
funny Tom and Joe both from PA both went to Notre Dame Tom had great success in CFL ... 2 championships and CFL hall of fame ......... Joe 4 Superbowls .... hall of fame
Clements to Gabriel one of the most remembered plays in CFL history dubbed "the catch" ...... sorry for the reminder Rough Riders beat the Roughriders for the Grey Cup
Montana to Clark one of the most remembered plays in NFL history dubbed "the catch" by many
None taken. I vividly remember. My brothers and dad were very disappointed. I didn't give a ****. And became like this as an adult. I watch, don't hate or root against. But get a perverse enjoyment listening to farmers ***** on the radio after a big loss. Kills the to hour drive from the northern lakes. I was stoked when Clements coached with Steelers.