• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yay or Nay? Week 1 in Buffalo

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers will hit the road as they travel to western New York to take on the reigning AFC East Champion & AFC runner-up, Buffalo Bills on Sunday. Steeler Nation eagerly awaits to see 60 minutes of meaningful football since a bitter loss this past January. We all expect Steeler Nation and Bills Mafia to be in a full capacity at Highmark Stadium. We can expect the tailgating shenanigans to resume, the long security/concession lines, and of course the boo’ing of those awful, awful refs. Football is back and it’s a beautiful thing.

In this series, I will look at a few things related to the game, series, players, or even fans. I will begin with a statement, observation, or question, discuss, and ultimately tell you… yay or nay. Nothing is off limits.

So without further delay…

“All right, guys, uh, listen. This is a blues riff in ‘B’, watch me for the changes, and try and keep up, okay?”

—Marty McFly

Steeler Nation will Invade Buffalo​

steeler-nation-bills-scaled.jpg

Photo credit via Bleacher Report

This is actually a lot tougher to chew on than you think—tougher than a well-done steak. Steeler Nation takes an exceptional level of pride in having the ability to travel well. I have been to a lot of road games and only ONCE have I not seen the stadium turned into a Steelers home game. With that being said, some will remember that 2019 Bills at Steelers matchup. The Bills dancing to Renegade, Devlin “Duck” Hodges throwing 4 interceptions… Yeah, that one. But what stood out to me were the reports that there was a considerable amount of Bills Mafia in the house. Bills Mafia is legit. Even when they had down years, they were still destroying folding tables (to the point Jacksonville banned the sale of them in the 2017 playoffs).

Steeler Nation may have a tough time taking over this stadium. This will be the first fan attendance in a regular season game since 2019 for Bills Mafia. But, Steeler Nation was also limited in getting to see their guys compete in person. With that being said…

YAY—they will invade, but it may not be as big of one as you may think.

We Will Hear about Mike Tomlin and Sean McDermott Being College Teammates More Than Twice​

tomlin-mcdermott.jpg

Photo credit via USA Today

In case you didn’t watch their matchups on Sunday Night Football the past two years, yes, Mike Tomlin and Sean McDermott were teammates at William & Mary. They also competed daily in practice. They also are head coaches of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills, respectively. You heard it from Cris Collinsworth AT LEAST three times in each matchup. That’s not including other mentions from Al Michaels and sideline reporters.

Do we foresee CBS bringing it up more than twice? That’s where it gets unknown to me. If it was Tony Romo and Jim Nantz, it’s very possible; but I expect them to be in Kansas City covering the Chiefs.

NAY

Najee Harris eclipses 100-yards rushing​

Post-4953-e1630338173827.jpg

Photo via Twitter @jsko_photo

The Bills have a solid front seven. But if there was one weakness they had last year, it was stopping the run—except against the Steelers. No, they took care of that pretty well. Two years in a row actually when you think about it. But Randy Fichtner and the old offensive scheme aren’t going to be in the house on Sunday afternoon. Matt Canada is going to be wheelin’ and dealin’ the motions, Adrian Klemm telling his unit to beat the crap out of the guys across the line of scrimmage, and Najee Harris is going to be sticking that cleat in the ground to grind out the tough yards.

But will that be enough to get the ground game going in a hostile environment? The Bills added some guys to that defensive line this past off-season so they aren’t exactly the same cats in the barn either. However…

YAY—because if they can’t establish a ground game, it’ll be a long, long game.

The Steelers beat the -6.5 underdog spread​

This game could go a multitude of directions. It is very much contingent on this offense. If they can’t get anything going and the defense is on the field all day… yikes! However, I believe we got a very limited look at the Steelers’ new offense this preseason. Matt Canada’s offenses are usually WILD with motions. I really think we will see some intriguing things on Sunday. It helps to have a veteran quarterback under center to digest what the defenses are wanting to do.

The Steelers have to run the ball effectively for any of this to work. Matt Canada’s offenses are very much built around having a strong ground game. With that being said…

YAY—I am expecting the Steelers to make this closer than what others think it will be; win or lose.

There will be more buffalo wings in Buffalo consumed than there will be beer consumed in Pittsburgh​

Credit: iStock Photos

Photo credit via iStock Photos

Don’t ya know yinz town is a drinking city with a football problem?? But, how can anyone deny some good buffalo wings? I didn’t even know buffalos had wings! So neat.

Anywho, I’m going to keep this brief. If the Steelers win, there will be drinking to celebrate. If the Steelers lose, there will drinking to ease the pain.

NAY

Agree or disagree? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
If we win the toss... Get ball or defer?
My own yay or nay.

Yay on get the ball for me.