• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yay or Nay? Week 13 vs Ravens

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It seems the chaos in Steeler Nation is beginning to burst at the seams. The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming off one of the worst losses in the Mike Tomlin era—their largest margin of defeat since 2016. This week doesn’t get any easier.

The Baltimore Ravens come into town after a prime-time win over the Cleveland Browns. They will surely be licking their chops at a Steelers run defense that not only has allowed near 200 yards in each of the last three games, but will also most likely be missing star edge rusher TJ Watt (COVID), and potentially cornerback Joe Haden (foot) again. In the last four games, the Steelers are 1-2-1; which hasn’t been observed since 2018. This week, the soft defense we’ve observed better be prepared. Lamar Jackson and co. won’t have mercy.

Last week, we performed just as badly in Yay or Nay as the Steelers did on the field—recording in at 1-4. Let’s hope for more than one rebound this week.

Lamar Jackson turns the ball over 3+ times​

download.jpg

PITTSBURGH, PA – OCTOBER 06: Lamar Jackson #8 of the Baltimore Ravens scrambles under pressure from T.J. Watt #90 of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter during the game at Heinz Field on October 6, 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin Berl/Getty Images)

The Steelers have had the upper hand on Lamar Jackson in their previous two matchups; bringing him to a 1-1 record against the Steelers. In both games, he committed 3 or more turnovers. Some teams get into the head of a QB. Will this be another strong performance by the Steelers against Jackson?

– NAY

Steelers hold the Ravens to under 130-yard rushing​

Let’s be real. This defense isn’t playing well at all. Especially in the ground game. The Ravens are built to run the ball. It sounds like the perfect recipe for this game.

– NAY

Steelers offense eclipses 250 yards of offense​

Last week they barely cracked 300 yards of offense. Ben Roethlisberger played awful. The offensive line couldn’t execute worth a damn. It was a putrid performance. They have to do better this week.

– YAY

Chase Claypool has a 100-yard game​

Post-6838.jpg

It seems Chase Claypool is having a sophomore slump. He isn’t making the type of plays we expected this year. His ability to create separation has been… less than stellar. And he caught the case of dropsies that Diontae Johnson got rid of from last year—who is having a great year! Will he step up this week?

– YAY

Steelers team plays more physical​

Much like the attendance numbers at Heinz Field this year, this team has been SOFT. I don’t care what you think of my statement. If the Steelers look soft, it will show on the scoreboard and in Steeler Nation’s attendance. Do. Better.

– YAY

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice write up Jobe,............. I like this series you've been pen-to-paper with.

I think you are very near perfect this week, we were both bad last week. I think Deonte Johnson gets near 100 as well. I think we travel more through the air this week. Team offense cracks 300 in 3rd quarter late.

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
2 yays for me which is 250+ yrds of offense and more physical.
I dont see how we could be less physical ..